X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ted Hoppe
    Irritant, Level 2
    • Nov 2006

Stone pleads the 5th to Senate.

BREAKING: Roger Stone to plead the Fifth, refuses to share documents and testimony with the Senate Judiciary
    5E0EF643-AAAB-4290-960E-BDC42ECFB560.jpg

Stone loyal to fault may be going down hard.
    Last edited by Ted Hoppe; 12-04-2018, 04:01 PM.
    Without friends none of this is possible.
  • oznabrag
    Historical Illiterate
    • Nov 2008

Re: Stone pleads the 5th to Senate.

Going down hard?

Couldn’t happen to a nicer guy.
    Rattling the teacups.

Comment

• Chris Smith porter maine
      • Feb 2008

Wait until January and the Democratic house takes a look at him.

Comment

• Gerarddm
        #RESIST
        • Feb 2010

He was on Bill Maher's show. About his only saving grace is that he is pro legal marijuana.
        Gerard>
        Albuquerque, NM

Next election, vote against EVERY Republican, for EVERY office, at EVERY level. Be patriotic, save the country.

Comment

• Sky Blue
          Banned
          • Feb 2014

He has no incentive to testify. He was fishing for Assange, but there doesn't appear to be a smoking gun there. He's not been indicted, so far as we know, with reports everyday now that Mueller is in the wind-down stage. But if an indictment still lurks (and it obviously does), what is his incentive to testify under oath at this point?

Of course he would take the 5th.

Comment

• C. Ross
            • May 2007

“The mob takes the Fifth,” Trump said after Hillary Clinton aides invoked their right against self-incrimination. “If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”

He added at his first debate with Clinton that pleading the Fifth is “disgraceful.”

“When you have your staff taking the Fifth Amendment, taking the Fifth so they’re not prosecuted, when you have the man that set up the illegal server taking the Fifth, I think it’s disgraceful,” he said.

Trump in June 2016 even speculated that a Clinton aide who took the Fifth might be informing on her — another comment with particularly eerie parallels for Trump today, since some have speculated Cohen could cut a deal with prosecutors and work against Trump(though Cohen has assured he'd never do such a thing).

Comment

• Canoeyawl
              • Jun 2003

Originally posted by ishmael
              He comes off an amiable enough chap. I watched a youtube of him at the Oxford Union. Fairly smart and well spoken. But anyone who would tatoo ANY political figure between his shoulder blades is suspect in my book! LOL
              Amiable?
              You are indeed naive.

When I asked why he moved to Miami, Stone quoted a Somerset Maugham line: “It’s a sunny place for shady people. I fit right in.”

During the Reagan years in Washington, Stone began cultivating in earnest the image of a lovable rogue. Then, as now, some colleagues and clients found Stone’s affectations tiresome, at best. Ed Rollins, who served as President Reagan’s first political director, said, “Roger was a fringe player around town. He always had this reputation of being a guy who exaggerated things, who pretended he did things. Roger was never on Nixon’s staff, was never on the White House staff. I don’t think you’ll find anyone in the business who trusts him. Roger was always a little rat.”

"
              Stone served as a senior consultant to Bob Dole’s 1996 campaign for President, but that assignment ended in a characteristic conflagration. The National Enquirer, in a story headlined “Top Dole Aide Caught in Group-Sex Ring,” reported that the Stones had apparently run personal ads in a magazine called Local Swing Fever and on a Web site that had been set up with Nydia’s credit card. “Hot, insatiable lady and her handsome body builder husband, experienced swingers, seek similar couples or exceptional muscular . . . single men,” the ad on the Web site stated. The ads sought athletes and military men, while discouraging overweight candidates, and included photographs of the Stones. At the time, Stone claimed that he had been set up by a “very sick individual,” but he was forced to resign from Dole’s campaign. Stone acknowledged to me that the ads were authentic. “When that whole thing hit the fan in 1996, the reason I gave a blanket denial was that my grandparents were still alive,” he said. “I’m not guilty of hypocrisy. I’m a libertarian and a libertine.”
              New Yorker

Comment

• Canoeyawl
                • Jun 2003

Originally posted by ishmael
                Reading comprehension. They used to teach in school.
                A prerequisite for critical thinking.

Comment

• John Smith
                  • Mar 2009

Trump said only the guilty use the 5th. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMyh7ko9L2g
                  "Banning books in spite of the 1st amendment, but refusing to regulate guns in spite of "well regulated militia' being in the 2nd amendment makes no sense. Can't think of anyone ever shot by a book

Comment

• Osborne Russell
                    • Mar 2006

Originally posted by C. Ross
                    “The mob takes the Fifth,” Trump said after Hillary Clinton aides invoked their right against self-incrimination. “If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”
                    Hypocritical POS.

How come he doesn't use GW's funeral as an opportunity to repeat his principle that "I like guys that don't get shot down"?

Because he's a punk, too. P licking coward. If he tried that S he get beaten down, so he clams up.
                    Do not speak of "our institutions" unless you make them yours by acting on their behalf.

Timothy Snyder, On Tyranny (2017)​

Comment

Working...