PDA

View Full Version : Can donald actually read and des he have dislexia?

skuthorp
11-28-2018, 03:45 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd79UsXSLWg

From a remedial reading teacher

It makes total sense that he has a learning disorder or low literacy. As a teacher I see it all the time, students who use different techniques to not have to read or make excuses. It would also explain his limited vocabulary and his basic thought process. Students with low literacy find higher-order thinking tasks very challenging and have only basic problem-solving skills.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phsU1vVHOQI

donsmarine
11-28-2018, 06:16 PM
Donald is with a capital "D", actually in USA,all capitals.BY:D DONALDBY:D. Desnt ew akrei?

isla
11-28-2018, 06:18 PM
You mean "Can Donald actually read, and does he have Dyslexia?". Sheesh, where's Donn when you need him? |:)

ron ll
11-28-2018, 06:48 PM
No and no. He’s just an idiot.

Ian McColgin
11-28-2018, 07:20 PM
There are many forms of dyslexia. Trump probably does not have the type I have.

But you don't have to be dyslectic or even of low IQ to be like Trump. You just need to be sociopathic and uncurious.

Nicholas Scheuer
11-28-2018, 07:40 PM
Maybe explains his attacks on Obama; jealousy. Obama can not only read and understand challenging texts (the "law" is just one example), but can write exceedingly well.

Paul Pless
11-28-2018, 07:42 PM
Can donald actually read and des he have dislexia?can i buy an 'o'?

style points for misspelling dyslexia :D

Tom from Rubicon
11-28-2018, 07:43 PM
A bit of both, or the mob bosses taught him English. No Joke.

Nicholas Scheuer
11-28-2018, 08:23 PM
Many of his base won't hold not being able to read against him. They can't read either.

I wonder whether a study of his limited vocabulary might disclose when it was Trump progressed no further in reading comprehension?

The part of the link in the OP I find amusing is when he seems unable to read the contract due to not having his glasses, and the other person offers a larger print copy.

purri
11-28-2018, 10:01 PM
Lysdexia Lures OK?

skuthorp
11-28-2018, 10:03 PM
Donald is with a capital "D", actually in USA,all capitals.BY:D DONALDBY:D. Desnt ew akrei?
My policy on that person is all lower case, and nothing else.

donsmarine
11-28-2018, 11:06 PM
Your opinion on TRUMP doesn't matter, you don't live here. Des you reside in the Australlien backout?

skuthorp
11-29-2018, 04:20 AM
Of course it doesn't matter to anyone else but me………. but in my posts 'donald' is what you'll get.:d:D

Nicholas Scheuer
11-29-2018, 07:24 AM
donald doesn't deserve capitals.

Tom Montgomery
11-29-2018, 07:47 AM
I think the possibility that Trump has low literacy is reasonable given the evidence.

Domesticated_Mr. Know It All
11-29-2018, 08:28 AM
George nailed it for me.
don is all 3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CC_bYweQxWw

Ted Hoppe
11-29-2018, 10:17 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd79UsXSLWg

From a remedial reading teacher

It makes total sense that he has a learning disorder or low literacy. As a teacher I see it all the time, students who use different techniques to not have to read or make excuses. It would also explain his limited vocabulary and his basic thought process. Students with low literacy find higher-order thinking tasks very challenging and have only basic problem-solving skills.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phsU1vVHOQI

ones reading disorder is another person’s gift.
Please do not conflate the two. Trump may have a reading and writing disorder. His chosen ignorance is self taught.

His narcissism prevents his coping strategies to reconstruct a view that allows for flexibility in pragmatic posiitive group think. When he comes into contact with people who appear to have more dominate personality traits, his coping skills defer to the stronger dominate character. Putin and MBS, like his father can make him do as they want as long as they have spoken recently.

donsmarine
12-01-2018, 08:10 AM
I'm impressed, some democraps have a thought process, poor, but have one.

ahp
12-01-2018, 01:12 PM
Did not General Eisenhower and Albert Einstein have dyslexia? They certainly were not low IQ.

S/V Laura Ellen
12-01-2018, 04:25 PM
It's on the record...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSuEzLJpqPE

skuthorp
12-01-2018, 04:44 PM
His most useful attribute as a politician is his bald faced ability to lie and contradict himself in the same interview. Which brings you to the the political "free speech" issue. Under that ruling there is no imperative for any one seeking elected office at any level, including in law and law enforcement, to actually say anything with a skerrick of truth in it at all.
I don't think he can read beyond the basic level, or has much actual education apart from basic schooling, but he does have a high rating of rat cunning and the ability to find people who will do his bidding for money or advantage. And criminals will always be with us.

ahp
12-01-2018, 05:12 PM
His most useful attribute as a politician is his bald faced ability to lie and contradict himself in the same interview. Which brings you to the the political "free speech" issue. Under that ruling there is no imperative for any one seeking elected office at any level, including in law and law enforcement, to actually say anything with a skerrick of truth in it at all.
I don't think he can read beyond the basic level, or has much actual education apart from basic schooling, but he does have a high rating of rat cunning and the ability to find people who will do his bidding for money or advantage. And criminals will always be with us.

What puzzles me is how he achieved an MBA from the Warton School, University of Pennsylvania. Our daughter did that and she is no dummy. Business Week ranked the Warton School the best in the country.

ron ll
12-01-2018, 05:34 PM
What puzzles me is how he achieved an MBA from the Warton School, University of Pennsylvania. Our daughter did that and she is no dummy. Business Week ranked the Warton School the best in the country.

Wonder how much his daddy donated to Warton.

donsmarine
12-03-2018, 01:21 AM
She must be dumber than TRUMP,he's POTUS, she isn't.

Ian McColgin
12-03-2018, 09:11 AM
Trump did it the easy way by NOT having an MBA.

In '68 Trump was granted an undistinguished bachelor's degree from what was then the Wharton School of Finance and Commerce at UofP. The NYT incorrectly reported that Trump was first in his class. There is no record of his gaining any honors, much less valedictorian.

Jim Mahan
12-03-2018, 10:00 AM
With his reputation and the obvious big hammer, his claim that he is highly educated and a graduate yadayadayada is probably just as big a lie as everything else he's ever spoken of. IOW, he and or his daddy bought him a sheepskin and he showed up enough to pull it off. If you look, there's a real record. If you ask contemporaries, they'll say he was there and studied in the libarary. Why bother, why expend the effort, to gain the tools most people try to get to achieve something in the world most importantly for most as a way to earn a living, IE the money, when you already have the money, and so much of it that it will never be challenged. Big hammer. Kid needs an impressive business degree for his scam. Hello, Wharton...?

That's probably where he hatched the tmrp university scam. Seriously, that name and the word university in the same short sentence? Add Betsy Devos and what do you get? He has a big brain and is a very stable genius.

The premise in the OP sounds right to me.

We're done here now, right?

Should we rub it in a bit? Have a poll, and ask 'how many forum members think the current president* is a genius, and how many... that noise isn't the surf or the heavy rain squall, it's the sound of the unrestrained hilarity of the notion of tmrp with any kind of intellectual achievment. If he had been born with a different pedigree and bank account, he very well may have been just another kid from Brooklin with a learning disorder of some sort and the rest of his personality foibles might never have shown up at all. He might have been a very good plumber.

Nicholas Carey
12-03-2018, 10:51 AM

He didn't. No MBA, just a rather undistinguished UPenn B.S. in Econ. Here's the 1968 U Penn Commencement Program : https://www.archives.upenn.edu/primdocs/upg/upg7/upg7_1968.pdf

Wharton's graduates are listed starting on p. 19; you'll find Donald John Trump on page 21. Academic Honors are listed starting on p. 63; Wharton's are on p. 66. You won't find Trump there.

Dean's List? Not there either? https://dparchives.library.upenn.edu/cgi-bin/pennsylvania?a=d&d=tdp19681025-01.2.27

Canoeyawl
12-03-2018, 12:20 PM
He might have been a very good plumber.

I doubt it, there's some science to plumbing, gravity is involved.

donsmarine
12-03-2018, 01:52 PM
I doubt it, there's some science to plumbing, gravity is involved.
you wouldn't make a very good plumber,you forgot the other two out of three, hot and cold. Life is uphill sometimes.

ahp
12-03-2018, 09:12 PM
Trump did it the easy way by NOT having an MBA.

In '68 Trump was granted an undistinguished bachelor's degree from what was then the Wharton School of Finance and Commerce at UofP. The NYT incorrectly reported that Trump was first in his class. There is no record of his gaining any honors, much less valedictorian.

Perhaps I am wrong. I was relying on my memory. Maybe DT was relying on his memory.

Ian McColgin
12-03-2018, 09:24 PM
No perhaps. See other posts or look it up. Trump did not do a Masters of Business Administration anywhere. Even Trump does not make that claim.

johnw
12-03-2018, 09:39 PM
I suspect the situation is even more tragic. Trump can read, but doesn't.

Jim Mahan
12-03-2018, 10:33 PM
And the people with the books. So many books. All the words and everything. So some books have some words you know and some colleges have the books and all the students and the endowments. Very good people and oh, the books? Lemme tell you. I love it, the books and especially all the words, the best words. Right? But who needs it, the books, the words, you bring the big stuff...

Eta: Bigly.

donsmarine
12-03-2018, 10:51 PM
And the people with the books. So many books. All the words and everything. So some books have some words you know and some colleges have the books and all the students and the endowments. Very good people and oh, the books? Lemme tell you. I love it, the books and especially all the words, the best words. Right? But who needs it, the books, the words, you bring the
Eta: Bigly.??????????????????????????????????????????ma ybe you should read more or self medicate alot.

WX
12-03-2018, 11:10 PM
Maybe he should join the DNA.

john welsford
12-04-2018, 03:45 AM
Stable genius? Stables need mucking out from time to time or they get full of horse manure.

John Welsford

beam reach
12-04-2018, 04:58 AM
Stable genius? Stables need mucking out from time to time or they get full of horse manure.

John Welsford

https://youtu.be/5CKTS88X41w

Canoeyawl
12-04-2018, 12:12 PM
And the people with the books. So many books. All the words and everything. So some books have some words you know and some colleges have the books and all the students and the endowments. Very good people and oh, the books? Lemme tell you. I love it, the books and especially all the words, the best words. Right? But who needs it, the books, the words, you bring the big stuff...

Eta: Bigly.

^^ genius...

Jim Mahan
12-04-2018, 01:30 PM
^^ genius...

Thank you, I'll take it. You know, stability isn't everything. Highly over-rated, and even contraindicated in some cases.

—Prepost, the Elder.

Hi, Rob

birlinn
12-04-2018, 02:10 PM
Donald does like a few books, but they have lots of pictures, and big print.

Sailor
12-04-2018, 07:55 PM
The quick brown fox.......

Jim Mahan
12-04-2018, 08:44 PM
The Dick and Jane books make his hands seem bigger.

At least W knew what makes a country great:

https://uncoy.com/images/2009/ex-President-George-Bush-reading-My-Pet-Goat.jpg

skuthorp
12-05-2018, 12:41 AM
Yeah, another war, bigger than daddy's, on false pretences…..

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/07/George_H.W._Bush_seated_in_a_Grumman_TBM_Avenger%2 C_circa_1944_%28H069-13%29.jpg/170px-George_H.W._Bush_seated_in_a_Grumman_TBM_Avenger%2 C_circa_1944_%28H069-13%29.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/11/3e/d4/113ed41805d956660bcbe6b588492fdb.jpg

donsmarine
12-05-2018, 07:58 AM
You must try to forgive the mental problems that appear with people posting and not knowing them, especially with forums.

Vince Brennan
12-05-2018, 09:08 AM
Naaah, just add you to the clown collection on ignore.

Life is too short.

donsmarine
12-05-2018, 10:28 AM
Naaah, just add you to the clown collection on ignore.

Life is too short.
"Send in the clowns"

Jim Mahan
12-05-2018, 10:47 AM
"Send in the clowns"

Oh, they're here. They walk among us.

Jim Mahan
12-05-2018, 10:48 AM
Oh, they're here. They walk among us.

Whaddya mean, 'they?'

donsmarine
12-05-2018, 03:05 PM
It's good that you answer your own questions, but do you ever disagree?