Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • C. Ross
    • May 2007

Even Fox won't run Trump's racist ad

NBC and Facebook also pulled the ad, which was intended to stir fear of migrants moving north through Mexico. CNN rejected it, calling the ad “racist.”

“Upon further review, Fox News pulled the ad yesterday and it will not appear on either Fox News Channel or Fox Business Network,” she said.
  • S.V. Airlie
    Ancient Mariner
    • Dec 2006

Re: Even Fox won't run Trump's racist ad

You're joking Right? What's the excuse!

Comment

• StevenBauer
      LPBC member
      • Jan 2000

Facebook won’t run it either.

Comment

• ron ll
        Seattle WA USA (Ballard)
        • Oct 2005

But NBC did.

Comment

• Beowolf
          Senior Member #1837
          • May 2000

Originally posted by ron ll
          But NBC did.
          I saw it during the Pats/Packers game. I had seen the thread about it on here, but never viewed the clip.

I was amazed that I had a physical reaction to the add. Pulse quickened, skin felt hot for a moment.

I suppose that’s what’s meant by being aghast.

I’m struggling to accept where we’re at right now.

Comment

• Tom Montgomery
            Lurking since 1997
            • Sep 1999

What else can you expect from trash?

Nothing emanating from this human detritus surprises me.
            "They have a lot of stupid people that vote in their primaries. They really do. I'm not really supposed to say that but it's an obvious fact. But when stupid people vote, you know who they nominate? Other stupid people." -- James Carville on the plethora of low-quality GQP candidates in the mid-term election.

Comment

• StevenBauer
              LPBC member
              • Jan 2000

Originally posted by ron ll
              But NBC did.
              Now NBC/Universal has pulled it, too.

Comment

• C. Ross
                • May 2007

Agreed to NBC and Facebook.

But when I saw that FOX wont run it I thought:

Good, because it's appalling.

Maybe my visceral disgust with how President Trump is doubling down on immigration fear mongering and racism isn't just my visceral disgust. That FOX found it beyond the pale affirms it's not just my bias, and even their judgment matches mine.

Comment

• LeeG
                  • May 2002

Racist and a lie. This is the GOP administration. Two Scoops is doubling down for his base.

Comment

• Jim Bow
                    Still tender and callow f
                    • Jul 2008

Now comes word that Sheriff Joe Arpaio is one of the people who released the guy from his jail. Trump released Arpaio.
                    “Come, come, my conservative friend, wipe the dew off your spectacles and see the world is moving" - Elizabeth Cady Stanton

Comment

• C. Ross
                      • May 2007

Highlighting the President's "Nyah, nyah, not me you" brilliant debating style:

The 30-second television spot features images of Luis Bracamontes, an undocumented immigrant who was convicted of killing two sheriff’s deputies in California in 2014, and the migrant caravan.“Stop the caravan. Vote Republican,” the ad concludes.
                      Trump said Monday he did not know the ad had been pulled. When a reporter said the ad had been described as “offensive,” he shot back: “A lot of things are offensive. Your questions are offensive.”
                      Followed immediately by this:

Cynthia Jurado, a 22-year-old political independent from Des Moines, said Monday that she’s voting against Republicans in part because of this kind of rhetoric on immigration.“Nowadays I see a lot of racism,” she said. “My family experienced some of it as well. This started happening after the presidential election, and I don’t think people should have to fear.”
                      Jurado said her parents and a number of her relatives are immigrants.
                      “They’re very nice people. It’s not true that they’re rapists or anything. I’m trying to get my voice out for them as well,” she said.
                      Which one of those better represents the America you want to live in?

On the eve of midterm election, Democrats, Republicans make their final pitches - The Washington Post
                      The president rallied supporters in Ohio, Indiana and Missouri while Democrats made their own closing arguments, accusing Trump of fearmongering.

Comment

Working...