PDA

View Full Version : You Never Know

Kevin G
10-31-2018, 12:40 PM
A friend of mine went to see his doctor on Friday. Dr. said he was doing very well. He had been not well for a while. He didn't wake up Saturday morning.

Another friend went to see his doctor today for a follow up on a hip replacement. He died in the doctor's office. Burst artery.

Both my age...79+

David G
10-31-2018, 12:58 PM
Sad to lose two friends so close together. My condolences. And I shall take this as further proof that one should endeavor to stay away from doctors if at all possible. <sigh> May they rest in peace... or be reincarnated as something lovely.

S.V. Airlie
10-31-2018, 01:02 PM
Mine have me on AUTODIAL David!

TomF
10-31-2018, 01:07 PM
Kevin, I'm so sorry. We've had a death this week too, and it really does seem sudden sometimes.

Peerie Maa
10-31-2018, 01:10 PM
Sorry for your loss. A double whammy is harder to take.

Flying Orca
10-31-2018, 01:43 PM
Aw, man, that's rough. You have my condolences.

CWSmith
10-31-2018, 01:52 PM
Sorry to hear that, Kevin. I'm just getting to an age where I am starting to think about a bucket list. I don't know what will be on it, yet, but trying to be grateful for every day is certainly at the top.

For me, it's probably the little things like not finding an excuse not to go to the coffee shop when I'm in the mood for a treat or making sure that I spend my evenings after work doing things that I enjoy. I find it's the little things that are the most satisfying.

Also, take some time every day to enjoy your friends as I'm sure you did. They died knowing they had you for a friend and that is key in the final analysis.

Canoez
10-31-2018, 02:21 PM
Kevin, very sorry to hear of your friends' passing. You don't ever know. A friend's sister who had beaten cancer twice, succumbed to a third occurrence after a short illness - she was 61. Far too young, really.

Garret
10-31-2018, 04:33 PM
Damn. Sorry to hear this. I remember about 15 years ago an older friend said his retirement plan was to sail 1,000 miles/year, ski 1,000 miles/year & attend more weddings than funerals. A few years ago, when I asked him how the plan was going, he (jokingly) said he had to skip some funerals.

I am now understanding what he meant. While it beats the alternative, getting older sucks.

Rum_Pirate
10-31-2018, 04:41 PM
A friend of mine went to see his doctor on Friday. Dr. said he was doing very well. He had been not well for a while. He didn't wake up Saturday morning.

Another friend went to see his doctor today for a follow up on a hip replacement. He died in the doctor's office. Burst artery.

Both my age...79+
So sorry.