X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rum_Pirate
    Banned
    • Apr 2007

Ghana Offer to African-Americans & Caribbean people

Ghana Offers African-Americans & Caribbean people the Right of Return & the Right of Abode in 2019

I wonder how many will take up the offer?
  • Gerarddm
    #RESIST
    • Feb 2010

Re: Ghana Offer to African-Americans & Caribbean people

Yeh, well, good luck with that. Perhaps a very few will. Ghana isn't exactly Wakanda.
    Gerard>
    Albuquerque, NM

Next election, vote against EVERY Republican, for EVERY office, at EVERY level. Be patriotic, save the country.

Comment

• SKIP KILPATRICK
      • Jan 2013

I don't know but I doubt very many.

The church my family attended when I was young had may Ghanaian families. They were mostly political refugees from the coupes in the 70's and early 80's. They made up over 1/3 of the congregation. Over the last 40 years they have become quite settled into the community and have raised their children and grandchildren to be Americans. Although, they maintain much of their cultural heritage I think very few are interested in returning.
      Skip

---This post is delivered with righteous passion and with a solemn southern directness --
      ...........fighting against the deliberate polarization of politics...

Comment

• paulf
        • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Gerarddm
        Yeh, well, good luck with that. Perhaps a very few will. Ghana isn't exactly Wakanda.
        Perhaps it could be, if they went there to make it that way.
        PaulF

Comment

• SKIP KILPATRICK
          • Jan 2013

Calvary Presbyterian Church, located in Alexandria, VA, is experiential, diverse, engages head and heart, authentic, connects us to the Holy Spirit.

Skip

---This post is delivered with righteous passion and with a solemn southern directness --
          ...........fighting against the deliberate polarization of politics...

Comment

• Jim Bow
            Normcore
            • Jul 2008

They make nice boats
            “Come, come, my conservative friend, wipe the dew off your spectacles and see the world is moving" - Elizabeth Cady Stanton

Comment

• isla
              Isla Woodcraft
              • Aug 2008

It might not be a bad move. They have a liberal government with a human-rights lawyer as president. The press appears to be free of restrictions, and the economy could get pretty interesting with the recent development of oil fields.
              Structures without reference to geometry tend toward the ramshackle

Comment

• Jim Bow
                Normcore
                • Jul 2008

Three successful elections and transfers of power. The Ghanaians might get used to that.
                “Come, come, my conservative friend, wipe the dew off your spectacles and see the world is moving" - Elizabeth Cady Stanton

Comment

Working...