Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • David G
    • Dec 2003

Next UP for Denver QB: a run for the Senate as a Republican

Denver backup qb arrested for trespass. Dismissed from team. Family and friends worried about his mental health --

Broncos backup quarterback Chad Kelly was arrested early Tuesday morning on a charge of first-degree criminal trespass early Tuesday morning after entering a home uninvited and sitting down on a couch while mumbling incoherently, the Englewood Police Department said.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)
  • amish rob
    Emperor For Life
    • Mar 2010

Re: Next UP for Denver QB: a run for the Senate as a Republican

He has CTE.

Peace,
    Robert

Comment

• David G
      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by amish rob
      He has CTE.

Peace,
      Robert
      That's one speculation.

Whatever he has... I hope he manages to get help. Before the R's grab him as a Senate candidate.
      David G
      Harbor Woodworks

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Comment

• amish rob
        Emperor For Life
        • Mar 2010

I simply can’t find the humor in possible brain damage.

Peace,
        Robert

Comment

• David G
          • Dec 2003

I simply can’t find the humor in possible brain damage.

Peace,
          Robert
          My condolences.
          David G
          Harbor Woodworks

Comment

• David G
            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Bob Adams
            Nothing is off limits if it disparages someone who doesn't lean left.
            Did you see something in my comments 'disparaging' the young qb? What, precisely?

Or perhaps what you're objecting to is my use of his plight to disparage someone else?
            David G
            Harbor Woodworks

Comment

• amish rob
              Emperor For Life
              • Mar 2010

Originally posted by David G
              My condolences.
              Why? Because I suffer from the disorder, and wonder every day if today is the day my brain snaps?

Or because you’ll go low for political smears?

Peace,
              Robert

Comment

• David G
                • Dec 2003

Why? Because I suffer from the disorder, and wonder every day if today is the day my brain snaps?

Or because you’ll go low for political smears?

Peace,
                Robert
                Why?

A. because of your condition.

B. because you have not yet, seemingly, come to terms with your condition sufficiently to appreciate dark humor... even about others with your condition.
                David G
                Harbor Woodworks

Comment

• amish rob
                  Emperor For Life
                  • Mar 2010

Originally posted by David G
                  Why?

A. because of your condition.

B. because you have not yet, seemingly, come to terms with your condition sufficiently to appreciate dark humor... even about others with your condition.
                  Nurp. I get it. And don’t ever presume to know what I think or feel. You refused the opportunity to become friends, so we ain’t, remember? You don’t know me at all. You know what I type.

What’s wrong is you equating someone with a real problem with people who you disagree with politically, simply, it seems, to add more fuel to the fire. To poke an eye.
                  It’s gross for you to joke about other people’s conditions, and even worse to suggest that people are afflicted with something that already comes with such stigma attached, simply because of their politics and job performance. They must be dumb or crazy, eh?
                  How must this poor kid feel? Maybe if he suffered these injuries for your team you’d cut him more slack, tease someone else?

I’ve lost more than a few friends from this disease, including one this summer. Yeah, aside from young Nick, I also lost two friends to self inflicted gunshot wounds. We’ll never know if it was CTE, because the brain is mist.

It’s just tacky joke.

Peace,
                  Robert

Comment

• David G
                    • Dec 2003

Nurp. I get it. And don’t ever presume to know what I think or feel. You refused the opportunity to become friends, so we ain’t, remember? You don’t know me at all. You know what I type.

What’s wrong is you equating someone with a real problem with people who you disagree with politically, simply, it seems, to add more fuel to the fire. To poke an eye.
                    It’s gross for you to joke about other people’s conditions, and even worse to suggest that people are afflicted with something that already comes with such stigma attached, simply because of their politics and job performance. They must be dumb or crazy, eh?
                    How must this poor kid feel? Maybe if he suffered these injuries for your team you’d cut him more slack, tease someone else?

I’ve lost more than a few friends from this disease, including one this summer. Yeah, aside from young Nick, I also lost two friends to self inflicted gunshot wounds. We’ll never know if it was CTE, because the brain is mist.

It’s just tacky joke.

Peace,
                    Robert
                    I understand your point, and disagree.

I also urge you to read a bit more carefully, before you conclude that I 'presume to know what [you] think or feel'.

I'll also suggest that you continue to work on how easily you are triggered, and how quickly you 'presume' ill-intent. I never 'refused' to become friends with you - you simply didn't recognize the hand I held out... maybe because it also held a rubber chicken? Or was it a buzzer? No matter. If you think back honestly - I believe you will remember that - while I may have been the first to notice this tendency - I am by no means the only one.

I hold no animus toward you - then or now - but will also retain the right to make my own judgments about controversial matters... and to state the conclusions bluntly at times... perhaps even using rude or dark humor. Your reactions to any and all of that... are your own. You're welcome to share them, as I might gain from the perspective. But don't think they'll be taken as gospel.
                    Last edited by David G; 10-24-2018, 02:39 PM.
                    David G
                    Harbor Woodworks

Comment

• skuthorp
                      • Jan 2002

I'm afraid Rob that everything is political. And if if it was suggested the game rules were to be changed so as to ensure that such injuries could not happen again that sure would become political in no time flat.

Comment

• Garret
                        Hills of Vermont
                        • Apr 2005

Someone is not happy with their team! One of the replies:

Homeowners in the area have been encouraged to place end zones in their front yards to prevent other Broncos players from entering their homes.
                        "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

Comment

• Tom Montgomery
                          Lurking since 1997
                          • Sep 1999

CTE is a possibility. It was not my first thought. My first thought was substance abuse and/or mental illness. He had issues in college.
                          "They have a lot of stupid people that vote in their primaries. They really do. I'm not really supposed to say that but it's an obvious fact. But when stupid people vote, you know who they nominate? Other stupid people." -- James Carville on the plethora of low-quality GQP candidates in the mid-term election.

Comment

• skuthorp
                            • Jan 2002

He could be considered fortunate he's still with us. Remember the guy who was shot dead because someone walked into the wrong apartment?,

Comment

• David G
                              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Tom Montgomery
                              CTE is a possibility. It was not my first thought. My first thought was substance abuse and/or mental illness. He had issues in college.
                              Also possibilities, I'd think. Since rob inspired me to put my Serious Hat on... let's hope he gets the help he needs. Likely, he can afford it. But can friends and family get him to go get it??
                              David G
                              Harbor Woodworks

Comment

Working...