PDA

View Full Version : Who Pays for Trump's Ego Boosting Trips?

John A. Campbell
10-10-2018, 02:39 PM
I would like to know who bears the costs for Trump's frequent visits to various cities around the country for what appear to be nothing more than fanfare and ego boosters for him. Such visits are very often geared toward areas of the country that strongly support him such as deep South states. Who's paying for this air travel, security, etc. etc.?.......does this come out of RNC coffers, private donors, tax payers?

TomF
10-10-2018, 02:41 PM
I suspect that the venues etc. are paid for by his "campaign," but the Presidential security and travel by ordinary folks like you.

S.V. Airlie
10-10-2018, 02:53 PM
I suspect that the venues etc. are paid for by his "campaign," but the Presidential security and travel by ordinary folks like you.He probably pads the bills.

paulf
10-10-2018, 03:07 PM
I would like to know who bears the costs for Trump's frequent visits to various cities around the country for what appear to be nothing more than fanfare and ego boosters for him. Such visits are very often geared toward areas of the country that strongly support him such as deep South states. Who's paying for this air travel, security, etc. etc.?.......does this come out of RNC coffers, private donors, tax payers?

You and I and the rest of us do.

Canoeyawl
10-10-2018, 04:02 PM
Taxpayers do, but what do you want, public education, healthcare, or a golfing gadfly?

Hugh Conway
10-10-2018, 04:34 PM
We do.

It's a tossup to me whether it's better he sit stewing in the White House tweeting stupid ideas and screwing up, or fly out to give his proto-fascist rallys where he spews bile and hatred to his faithful burning $100s like Elon Musk, but generally not f'ing up policy.

Art Haberland
10-10-2018, 04:58 PM
We do.

It's a tossup to me whether it's better he sit stewing in the White House tweeting stupid ideas and screwing up, or fly out to give his proto-fascist rallys where he spews bile and hatred to his faithful burning $100s like Elon Musk, but generally not f'ing up policy.

when you put it like that, it might be a good investment to let him golf