PDA

View Full Version : Brazil goes Trump

George.
10-08-2018, 06:46 AM
Jair Bolsonaro, a right wingnut, barely missed getting a majority of votes in the first round of presidential elections. He is very likely to win the second round.

Basically another Trump imitator, although more truculent and less stupid. The left drove the economy into a ditch and grossly overplayed their hand in the culture wars. The "center" foolishly impeached the left-wing president mid-term, and inherited the mess and the blame when it got worse. This fellow came out of nowhere and easily filled the vacuum. Here we go...

skuthorp
10-08-2018, 06:51 AM
Hang on to your hat George.

I was thinking that I hadn't seen you around for a while.

TomF
10-08-2018, 06:55 AM
Some trends shouldn't go viral. Horrible, considering that we have seen this clip before.

George.
10-08-2018, 06:59 AM
This being Latin America, no doubt we are in for a more farcical version of the phenomenon, if that is possible.

Garret
10-08-2018, 07:48 AM
This being Latin America, no doubt we are in for a more farcical version of the phenomenon, if that is possible.

Well - Trump will do his best to match this guys antics, I'm sure. So sorry to hear of this!

S.V. Airlie
10-08-2018, 08:02 AM
Make Brazil Great again!

amish rob
10-08-2018, 08:18 AM

This is pretty darn funny. I know itís based on sad reality, but what a great sense of humor. :)

Peace,
Robert

Dan McCosh
10-08-2018, 09:41 AM
There have only been some five elected presidents in Brazil since the last military dictatorship. Does this mean heading towards another coup?

George.
10-08-2018, 09:59 AM
Probably not. The right is getting the power it wants by vote. It is happening in Congress and the states too. People are fed up with the left.