PDA

View Full Version : Democrats will never get redemption. . .

Paul Pless
10-07-2018, 06:50 AM
because i think they're unwilling to play dirty;
they don't understand 'the new politic' is winner take all. . .
​there is no room for compromise

liberals suck

Domesticated_Mr. Know It All
10-07-2018, 06:54 AM
Kinda hard to go fishin or play golf when it's pouring down rain eh?

Paul Pless
10-07-2018, 07:03 AM
Kat told me i had to clean the kitchen first.
but then i'm gonna go play with my new router, make a jig for cutting hinge mortises in doors. . .

McMike
10-07-2018, 07:18 AM
Yup. Twodot and Ozna are perfect examples of the kind of thinking that prevents us as liberals from leading. Makes me think that the Democratic Party doesn't really want what they say they want. At least the Republicans are honest in their douche-baggery, I can respect that. I have little I can respect within the Democratic Party and the only reason I back them is to remove Trump and the current diaper load of Republicans. Pretty sad, that's all they are is marginally better, like the Dems are a diaper load of nicely formed turds and the Reps are full on stinky diarrhea. Still sh17 either one.

McMike
10-07-2018, 07:50 AM
No, I am just yanking your chain, because I know that if someone does not agree with EXACTLY your take on what went wrong in 2016...you will attack them.

As you just did.

You need to have your chain yanked, because Idealists become bitter in old age, and we don't want that.

I presented her words which hedged any future responsibility for her vote. If you cant see the parsing that went on there and the excuses she was able to generate from that parsing, you're lost.

Wow, such condescension. Exactly the elitism that Trump supporters refer to. You will lose because of it. Right or wrong, and you should know better at your age, no one will ever trust someone who can't see the value in others. You would presume to toy with me? Shows me the total lack of respect you have for me. Damn, you and Sky are one and the same. Pity, I was initially wrong about you. Now I know why you can't recognize the difference between good leadership and what Clinton represented. You yourself are afflicted with the same hubris as she is and she's a loser . . against Trump . . .

Paul Pless
10-07-2018, 07:54 AM
http://forum.woodenboat.com/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by McMike http://forum.woodenboat.com/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://forum.woodenboat.com/showthread.php?p=5692146#post5692146)
Yup. Twodot and Ozna are perfect examples of the kind of thinking that prevents us as liberals from leading.

just y'all wait till lee baxter gets back
eight days and counting

CWSmith
10-07-2018, 08:14 AM
because i think they're unwilling to play dirty;
they don't understand 'the new politic' is winner take all. . .
​there is no room for compromise

liberals suck

No, that's not the problem.

The problem is that the Democrats cannot hold together and pull in the same direction. They are perpetually divided into too many special interests. How many Democrats failed to vote in 2016 when their candidate did not get nominated? How many Republicans were that stupid?

Liberals don't suck; they behave like petulant children when they don't get their way.

McMike
10-07-2018, 08:20 AM
just y'all wait till lee baxter gets back
eight days and counting

Meh, and you the sh17-spoon stirring the pot. They all hate that an intellectually inferior person such as I, who can't write as correctly or as coherently as they can, was and is right. They simply figure that, since they can perform the task of written communication, express satire more effectively, essentially "yanking chains", that they are always correct. There's a bunch of that in you as well, at least I sense a bit of it from you . . kinda sucks because I though you were a friend. It's the same reason, at a much greater scale, that I legitimately hate Sky, her views are abhorrent enough, but the sense of superiority in someone so wrong . . . I'm having a hard time reconciling you all. It's why I've been staying away. You guys seem to make it an art in veiled deprecation and it diminishes you and any true sense admiration and friendship I, at least, have in you guys.

oznabrag
10-07-2018, 09:44 AM
I, who can't write as correctly or as coherently as they can, was and is right.

All the while spewing the ratfreaker line that Trump is all the libtard's fault.

McMike
10-07-2018, 10:25 AM
All the while spewing the ratfreaker line that Trump is all the libtard's fault.

Yeah, and I thought I was lacking reading comprehension. Good luck with your sh177y strategy, cause it worked so well for us the last time. Definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Something I'm now guilty of . . . at least I'm right . . .totally lacking consolation prize, FWIW.

Again, thank you for your clarity.

Ian McColgin
10-07-2018, 10:26 AM
Democratic self-governance is all about compromise. If we adopt the Republican mode, the forces of totalitarianism win.

It's not like bringing a knife to a gun fight. It's like bringing reason and calm to a bunch that have lost their grip on reality.

McMike
10-07-2018, 10:32 AM
Democratic self-governance is all about compromise. If we adopt the Republican mode, the forces of totalitarianism win.

It's not like bringing a knife to a gun fight. It's like bringing reason and calm to a bunch that have lost their grip on reality.

We need a candidate/s that makes the people feel as if they matter and then actually follows through with it. That is all I'm arguing for. Clearly Clinton was not that regardless of the Republican propaganda machine. That's why she lost to Trump.