PDA

View Full Version : Elevator screamers

LeeG
10-05-2018, 09:35 AM
Donald has a thing for basements.

Trump tweets:
The very rude elevator screamers are paid professionals only looking to make Senators look bad. Don’t fall for it! Also, look at all of the professionally made identical signs. Paid for by Soros and others. These are not signs made in the basement from love! #Troublemakers
9:03 AM · Oct 5, 2018

S.V. Airlie
10-05-2018, 09:51 AM
Donald has a thing for basements.

Trump tweets:
The very rude elevator screamers are paid professionals only looking to make Senators look bad. Don’t fall for it! Also, look at all of the professionally made identical signs. Paid for by Soros and others. These are not signs made in the basement from love! #Troublemakers
9:03 AM · Oct 5, 2018Look bad? they revel in looking bad!They don't need any help paid or unpaid!

LeeG
10-05-2018, 10:18 AM
looky here, escalator actors.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/01/20/even-the-firm-that-hired-actors-to-cheer-trumps-campaign-launch-had-to-wait-to-be-paid/?utm_term=.4f214fa2a8bc

On the morning of his inauguration, a remarkable coda to Donald Trump's presidential campaign.

Carrie Levine of the Center for Public Integrity found a report from the Federal Election Commission examining an under-reported aspect of Trump's campaign launch. Trump's announcement, held on the lower level of the Trump Tower lobby, was framed by cheering crowds watching from the floors above. Some of the members of that crowd, it was soon reported, were apparently paid to be there.

The Hollywood Reporter sussed out the evidence. An email from a firm called Extra Mile, soliciting people to be paid $50 to attend "an event in support of Donald Trump and an upcoming exciting announcement he will be making." Instagram photos of an actor in attendance that day. A reference in that email to Gotham Government Relations, the firm that hired Extra Mile and which Trump had used in the past.

amish rob
10-05-2018, 10:24 AM
When I was a bike messenger, I liked to be an elevator farter. Especially when there was only one other person aboard.

Upon egress, a certain look over the shoulder, and the blame was passed. Suit guys are sensitive about farts!

The 27 Express in the TransAmerica building remains my favorite elevator ever. Especially coming down!

Peace,
Robert

S.V. Airlie
10-05-2018, 10:28 AM
If Trump wants me to stand up and act like a typical Trump supporters in the glare of some tool with a camera, I'd ask for $1,000, not some merely $50.00.

ccmanuals
10-05-2018, 10:38 AM
Trump has made it normal for a President to attack every day Americans "personally" and many times even by name. This really should concern everyone that the leader of our country acts like a 6 year old.

S.V. Airlie
10-05-2018, 10:39 AM
Trump has made it normal for a President to attack every day Americans "personally" and many times even by name. This really should concern everyone that the leader of our country acts like a 6 year old.Apparently, it doesn't

amish rob
10-05-2018, 10:40 AM
Yeah.

Gosh.

People who call names, eh?

Sheesh.

Peace,
Robert

LeeG
10-05-2018, 10:45 AM
With the number of activists showing up after his inauguration Trump goes for what he knows, paying people off instead of people motivated to speak out.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_Women%27s_March

The Women's March[13][14][15][a] was a worldwide protest on January 21, 2017, to advocate legislation and policies regarding human rights and other issues, including women's rights, immigration reform, healthcare reform, reproductive rights, the natural environment, LGBTQ rights, racial equality, freedom of religion,[19] and workers' rights. Most of the rallies were aimed at Donald Trump, immediately following his inauguration as President of the United States, largely due to statements that he had made and his positions which were regarded by many as anti-women or otherwise offensive.[13][20] It was the largest single-day protest in U.S. history.[21]

The Washington March drew 500,000 to 1,000,000 people.[25] Between 3,267,134 and 5,246,670 people participated in the Women's March in the United States,[26] or approximately 1.0 to 1.6 percent of the U.S. population.

https://static01.nyt.com/newsgraphics/2017/01/21/womens-march-crowds/e06083cd75774731a44bdecf36d9171ee81a0637/DC_pano.jpg

genglandoh
10-05-2018, 10:48 AM
I wonder now these protesters got into the building in the first place.

Figment
10-05-2018, 10:51 AM
https://youtu.be/h3Yrhv33Zb8

Jim Bow
10-05-2018, 10:52 AM
When I was a bike messenger, I liked to be an elevator farter. Especially when there was only one other person aboard.

Upon egress, a certain look over the shoulder, and the blame was passed. Suit guys are sensitive about farts!

The 27 Express in the TransAmerica building remains my favorite elevator ever. Especially coming down!

Peace,
Robert
are farts heavier than air? My ears pop on express elevators. Do these pressure changes expand the gas or does it fall to the floor?

amish rob
10-05-2018, 10:56 AM
are farts heavier than air? My ears pop on express elevators. Do these pressure changes expand the gas or does it fall to the floor?

I think I just found my retirement job! Experiments to follow. :)

On the 27 X, if you time your jump JUST right on the way down, you become weightless and float for a good five seconds. And, yes, my ears popped.

The express at 555 California is the same, but ALWAYS crowded. The TransAmerica building has restricted access to higher floors. Well, had...

Peace,
Robert

ccmanuals
10-05-2018, 10:58 AM
Yeah.

Gosh.

People who call names, eh?

Sheesh.

Peace,
Robert

So a President shouldn't be held to a higher standard than the guy who sells you bait? After all, they are both just "people"

ccmanuals
10-05-2018, 10:59 AM

Sounds like you have never been to the US Capital.

amish rob
10-05-2018, 11:02 AM
So a President shouldn't be held to a higher standard than the guy who sells you bait?

I think he’s an accurate reflection of how most folks I encounter act, even if they use bigger words that make syntactical sense.

And I think it’s funny when cats who do naught but call names complain when they see the same.

And, no, I DON’T think the president should be held to a higher standard than the “average citizen”. No differences, save one has a title.

Peace,
Robert

David G
10-05-2018, 11:07 AM
“Respect female existence or expect our resistance.” -- Emily Ratajkowski (https://uk.style.yahoo.com/tagged/emily-ratajkowski).

L.A Marche
10-05-2018, 11:19 AM
I’m surprised, well not really , that Trump doesn’t know that professional looking signs can be made quickly and cheaply at Staples.

LeeG
10-05-2018, 12:34 PM
Two Scoops insults all these people calling them paid protesters.

https://www.afp.com/en/news/23/women-must-be-heard-thousands-march-against-kavanaugh-doc-19s1yl3

With a Senate vote poised for as early as this weekend, thousands of people who had traveled from across the United States came to protest and in some cases to meet with their representatives, hoping to prevent Kavanaugh from taking a place on the highest bench in the land.

isla
10-05-2018, 12:39 PM

Probably through the side door, which is reserved for tradesmen and protesters :rolleyes:

C. Ross
10-05-2018, 12:44 PM
Women across America are really loving what the President has to say.

Really, he DOES insist on being a cheerleader for sexual predation, doesn't he? And a defendant in pending civil trials for sexual predation and defamation of his victims. Where were the suits he pledged to bring?)

With a soupçon of conspiracy theorist - George Soros, really?

CPF
10-05-2018, 06:25 PM
I think he’s an accurate reflection of how most folks I encounter act, even if they use bigger words that make syntactical sense.

And I think it’s funny when cats who do naught but call names complain when they see the same.

And, no, I DON’T think the president should be held to a higher standard than the “average citizen”. No differences, save one has a title.

Peace,
Robert

<Ahem> That one has a lot of power, too.

Best,
Chris

RFNK
10-05-2018, 06:51 PM

Probably used the stairs knowing that Trump wouldn't know what they were for.

Rick

S.V. Airlie
10-05-2018, 07:04 PM
Probably used the stairs knowing that Trump wouldn't know what they were for.

RickTrump take the stairs? Right!

Duncan Gibbs
10-05-2018, 07:22 PM
https://cdn.junglecreations.com/wp/junglecms/2018/09/dd5530e2-plaid-shirt-guy-social-image.jpg

LeeG
10-05-2018, 07:40 PM
plaid shirt guy rules

Duncan Gibbs
10-05-2018, 08:00 PM
plaid shirt guy rules
He was paid by Soros... Obviously. :rolleyes:

Domesticated_Mr. Know It All
10-05-2018, 08:13 PM
I liked to be an elevator farter.

I still am.
Can't help it, especially if I know they're Republicans wearing suits.

BrianY
10-05-2018, 11:28 PM
Elevator screamers - a great name for a band

David G
10-06-2018, 10:00 PM
Acton's Dictum plays out again. In increasingly brazen and perverse fashion. It's getting harder and harder to envision a smooth correction --

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/with-kavanaugh-vote-mcconnell-and-republicans-strike-a-blow-at-the-us-constitution-2018-10-05?siteid=yhoof2&yptr=yahoo

Those of us who see President Donald Trump as an authoritarian threat to America’s constitutional democracy have looked to Republicans in Congress, as the majority party, to set limits on executive power and ensure the president is accountable to the rule of law.

This reflects the belief that checks and balances within the government are designed to, in James Madison’s words (http://avalon.law.yale.edu/18th_century/fed47.asp), prevent “the accumulation of all powers [in one branch].” While congressional Republicans have often proven to be not up to the task (https://www.marketwatch.com/story/why-a-new-us-constitution-may-be-the-only-way-to-fix-the-divided-state-of-the-union-2018-01-29) of reining in Trump’s authoritarian instincts, some have offered at least rhetorical criticism of the president’s excesses. That provided at least a thin basis for hope that Republican members of Congress might rise to the occasion at some point.

Judge Brett Kavanaugh’s Supreme Court confirmation hearings raise a chilling prospect: Republicans in Congress may not simply be passive observers of Trump’s authoritarian instincts. Instead, many may be actively embracing authoritarian tactics, by which I mean tactics opposed to constitutional democracy, the rule of law, and the principle that government powers are limited...

"When there is an accumulation of money and power into fewer and fewer hands, people with the mentality of gangsters come to the fore. Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely" -- Lord Acton