PDA

View Full Version : Innocent until proven guilty?

John Smith
10-05-2018, 09:22 AM
Strange how the GOP keeps telling us this is how the system is supposed to work for one of their own.

They didn't apply this to Hillary.

In NJ, ads are hitting our tv. The ads against Menendez, who was not proven guilty, also seem to forget this concept.

Double standard is disheartening.

Paul Pless
10-05-2018, 09:26 AM
Double standard is disheartening.a central defining characteristic of the modern conservative: hypocrisy

S.V. Airlie
10-05-2018, 09:30 AM
Strange how the GOP keeps telling us this is how the system is supposed to work for one of their own.

They didn't apply this to Hillary.

In NJ, ads are hitting our tv. The ads against Menendez, who was not proven guilty, also seem to forget this concept.

Double standard is disheartening.He was tried and found NOT guilty, that's not enough for Republicans.

bluedog225
10-05-2018, 09:56 AM
Good point. Let's investigate and find out.

ccmanuals
10-05-2018, 10:39 AM
a central defining characteristic of the modern conservative: hypocrisy

+100

David G
10-05-2018, 11:02 AM

Precisely

oznabrag
10-05-2018, 11:24 AM

Not only hypocrisy, but a sort of meta-hypocrisy.

The old Goebbels thing about accusing your enemies of the crimes you, yourself, are perpetrating runs completely rampant through the Party of Segretti.

John Smith
10-05-2018, 01:00 PM
He was tried and found NOT guilty, that's not enough for Republicans.

Actually, unless I missed something, he had a hung jury. Which is not being proven guilty.

S.V. Airlie
10-05-2018, 01:02 PM
Actually, unless I missed something, he had a hung jury. Which is not being proven guilty.Sorry, I didn't do my usual google because I thought, remembered he was. The importance of google!

SKIP KILPATRICK
10-05-2018, 01:03 PM
Protesters throw kegger outside McConnell's house

Washington (CNN)Protesters gathered outside the home of Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell and staged a "confirmation kegger," in the final hours before the Senate prepares for a confirmation vote for Brett Kavanaugh's embattled nomination to the Supreme Court.

Bearing cans of Pabst Blue Ribbon beer, signs with Kavanaugh's fraternity letters DKE, sunglasses and straw hats, the protesters sang "what do we do with a drunken justice early in the morning" and "what do we do with a confirmation early in the morning" to the tune of the sea shanty "What shall we do with a drunken sailor," followed by chants of "chug."

C. Ross
10-05-2018, 01:05 PM
Actually, unless I missed something, he had a hung jury. Which is not being proven guilty.

Not being found guilty is not the same thing as exonerated. He is in an odd neither guilty nor innocent limbo. Donn is correct.

S.V. Airlie
10-05-2018, 01:06 PM
Not being found guilty is not the same thing as exonerated. He is in an odd neither guilty nor innocent limbo. Donn is correct.Already posted, try to keep up!

David G
10-05-2018, 01:29 PM
Not being found guilty is not the same thing as exonerated. He is in an odd neither guilty nor innocent limbo. Donn is correct.

It happens.

OK, not so often... but it does. Really!! <G>

Nicholas Scheuer
10-05-2018, 02:06 PM
Repugs are masters of the double standard.

S.V. Airlie
10-05-2018, 03:44 PM
Lock her UP!Lock her UP! Sound familiar?