PDA

View Full Version : James Roche in SLATE speaks about his roommate Kavanaugh

CWSmith
10-04-2018, 12:13 PM
I Was Brett Kavanaugh’s College Roommate. He Lied Under Oath About His Drinking and Terms in His Yearbook.

In 1983, I was one of Brett Kavanaugh’s freshman roommates at Yale University. About two weeks ago I came forward to lend my support to my friend Deborah Ramirez, who says Brett sexually assaulted her at a party in a dorm suite. I did this because I believe Debbie.

Now the FBI is investigating this incident. I am willing to speak with them about my experiences at Yale with both Debbie and Brett. I would tell them this: Brett Kavanaugh stood up under oath and lied about his drinking and about the meaning of words (https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2018/09/brett-kavanaugh-yearbook-devils-triangle-boofing-renate-ralph-club.html) in his yearbook. He did so baldly, without hesitation or reservation. In his words and his behavior, Judge Kavanaugh has shown contempt for the truth, for the process, for the rule of law, and for accountability. His willingness to lie to avoid embarrassment throws doubt on his denials about the larger questions of sexual assault. In contrast, I cannot remember ever having a reason to distrust anything, large or small, that I have heard from Debbie.

You can read the rest. It is an unqualified indictment of a judge committing perjury.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/i-was-brett-kavanaugh’s-college-roommate-he-lied-under-oath-about-his-drinking-and-terms-in-his-yearbook/ar-BBNTPhI?ocid=spartandhp

S.V. Airlie
10-04-2018, 12:16 PM
Just one example the FBI and the Republicans don't want interviewed. He also voiced his concerns about what lying under oath could imply if he was put on the bench. Of course, he was only a roommate of Brewski as a freshman at Yale.

George Jung
10-04-2018, 12:31 PM
So what's the back story - did the WH or Congress severely shackle the FBI investigation?

CWSmith
10-04-2018, 12:36 PM
So what's the back story - did the WH or Congress severely shackle the FBI investigation?

That's what's being said. Do it in a week and get it done. Don't speak to Kavanaugh or Ford...

S.V. Airlie
10-04-2018, 12:39 PM
Look, McNuggets was camped out at the WH as soon as Grassley ended the hearing. The WH is not his office but, for four days it was. He spent that time confirming with the Trump goons and between them came up with the parameters the FBI had to follow. His presence was obvious, his conferring with the Trump goos was blatant; he wanted a stacked deck, the WH wanted a stacked deck, McNuggets got a stacked deck.

LeeG
10-04-2018, 12:49 PM
Maybe Lindsey Graham will pull off another righteous tirade about what is being done to Kavanaugh.

George Jung
10-04-2018, 12:50 PM
Well, there's that. That's damn good theater!

S.V. Airlie
10-04-2018, 12:53 PM
Well, there's that. That's damn good theater!He's hoping Trump is watching, he's got the Attorney General's slot on his mind

Canoeyawl
10-04-2018, 03:30 PM
Well, there's that. That's damn good theater!

Only if you enjoy tragedies