PDA

View Full Version : Yet another outstanding Brit cop show

Norman Bernstein
10-04-2018, 08:18 AM
If you're a fan of the Brit cop show genre, this one is excellent:

'The Tunnel'

This is a British/French co-production, with plotlines circulating around the 'Chunnel' (English Channel tunnel). It features two interesting main characters: a middle-aged British detective, veteran of two failed marriages and six kids by three different women... and a young French female detective with a rather profound Asperger's affect... which is certainly unusual, and interesting.

There were three seasons of the show, with the first two featuring eight episodes each, and the least, with six episodes. The plots are a bit contrived, relative to the other Brit cop shows, but are nonetheless entertaining, and each episode features enough of a 'cliff-hanger' ending to prompt a lot of binge-watching. I myself fell victim, while watching the second season... until nearly 3AM :)

Based on the ending of the third season, I'd say there's unlikely to be a fourth season...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkI-gbkfMlQ

ccmanuals
10-04-2018, 08:29 AM
Do you know if it's offered on Acorn?

Norman Bernstein
10-04-2018, 08:31 AM
Do you know if it's offered on Acorn?

I have no idea, although my sister uses Acorn and sees many of these kinds of shows. I believe it's available on Netflix... but I got it by downloading from the newsgroups.

If you're a fan of the genre, you should look for 'Marcella'.... a really outstanding 2 season show, which may be hard to find.

Gib Etheridge
10-04-2018, 10:50 AM
Not on Canadian Netflix.

Bill Hubbard
10-04-2018, 11:35 AM
Seasons 1 and 2 of The Tunnel are on Amazon Prime Video, if you are a Prime member.

L.A Marche
10-04-2018, 02:11 PM
The Tunnel is just copy of the original Bridge a Danish/Swedish production which is on Netflix, there is also an American/Mexican and a Russian version. I’ve seen episodes of the Tunnel on either PBS or Ontario’s TVO. Both series were good.
For a real treat look for Spiral, a French crime drama, I saw it on Netflix a few years back.