PDA

View Full Version : Do you think Dr. Ford is telling the truth?

genglandoh
10-02-2018, 09:11 AM
She is having a hard time remembering things that have happened in just the past few months.
It makes it hard to believe she can remember things from 30 years ago.

Here are some of the problems with her story.
1. She could not remember when she took the lie detector test.
It was either the day of her grandmothers funeral or the day after in late August 2018.
2. She could not remember if she showed the Post reporter a copy of her therapy notes or even if she had a copy in her therapy notes in her possession at the time, July 6 2018.
3. She said that she is afraid of flying and that was the reason not going to Washington last Monday.
But records have shows that she has flown to many places around the world and even flew to Washington last week.
4. She said that she did not know the Senate offered to meet with her in California.
5. All 3 people she said who were at the party all do not support her story.
Her friend Leland Ingham Keyser also made it very clear in a CNN interview that she never hear anyone every say Kavanaugh was involved in anything like that.
6. She keeps changing the time the event took place.
She has said early 1980's and mid 1980's
7. She keeps changing how old she was when it took place.
Her therapy notes say she was in her late teens but her testimony is she was 15.
If she is so sure she was 15 years old then why can she not give the exact year?
8. She can not remember where the party was.
9. She can not remember how she got home from the party.
10. She did not name Kavanaugh in the past but only after the Dems contacted her.

I think she is a very weak person and the Dems have manipulated her into believing their (Dems) false story.

I feel sorry for what the Dems have done to this women.

TomF
10-02-2018, 09:19 AM
Bears. Woods. Poop.

S.V. Airlie
10-02-2018, 09:22 AM
Either could Kananaugh but, guess what, his calendar identified where the party was, his goon's house. I'm not going to respond to this BS, most have been adequately debunked or explained. Keep living in your plastic bubble

Also, what this entire episode demonstrates that he is incapable of holding the office he's trying to obtain Geng. He's lied, big mistake, he lied in 2004 when he was confirmed anyway, he lied last week. This is not lying 36 yrs ago, this is lying NOW. He can't be unbiased, note his opening rant. he can't be fair and not judgmental, he's not independent when it comes to voting. Bottom line, he's a friggin' joke. I suppose that's why you're supporting him isn't it?

Norman Bernstein
10-02-2018, 09:23 AM
I think she is a very weak person and the Dems have manipulated her into believing their (Dems) false story.

And you know the story is false exactly HOW?

Sorry, but you can't spin this. It's a 'he said she said' from 36 years ago, and there is simply no way that the allegation can be proven, one way or the other.

Fortunately, there's a HUGE list of reasons why Kavanaugh should not be confirmed to the Supreme Court: namely, a list of lies and deceptions he's been telling, since the entire process started. See https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/brett-kavanaugh-lies_us_5bb26190e4b027da00d61fcd for the details.

And even aside from all that, the attitude that Kavanaugh displayed in front of the Senate committee shows that he is temperamentally unsuited to be a Supreme Court justice.

Draketail
10-02-2018, 09:23 AM
Yes! Heck yes! You're gol danged right she is!

Now, what was your question?

leikec
10-02-2018, 09:25 AM
I believe every word she's said. I guess the Democrats must have been setting this up for a long time, as she first named Kavenaugh years ago, well before his nomination.

Trumpsters sure enjoy lying.

Jeff C

Tom Montgomery
10-02-2018, 09:27 AM
I smell fear and desperation emanating from Mr. Do You Think?

I am really REALLY looking forward to the mid-term election in November.

S.V. Airlie
10-02-2018, 09:30 AM
I believe every word she's said. I guess the Democrats must have been setting this up for a long time, as she first named Kavenaugh years ago, well before his nomination.

Trumpsters sure enjoy lying.

Jeff CI believe her more than I believe Brettski.I understand why she had some lapses in some aspects of her testimony due to the trauma she endured.

Ted Hoppe
10-02-2018, 09:35 AM
She is having a hard time remembering things that have happened in just the past few months.
It makes it hard to believe she can remember things from 30 years ago.

Here are some of the problems with her story.
1. She could not remember when she took the lie detector test.
It was either the day of her grandmothers funeral or the day after in late August 2018.
2. She could not remember if she showed the Post reporter a copy of her therapy notes or even if she had a copy in her therapy notes in her possession at the time, July 6 2018.
3. She said that she is afraid of flying and that was the reason not going to Washington last Monday.
But records have shows that she has flown to many places around the world and even flew to Washington last week.
4. She said that she did not know the Senate offered to meet with her in California.
5. All 3 people she said who were at the party all do not support her story.
Her friend Leland Ingham Keyser also made it very clear in a CNN interview that she never hear anyone every say Kavanaugh was involved in anything like that.
6. She keeps changing the time the event took place.
She has said early 1980's and mid 1980's
7. She keeps changing how old she was when it took place.
Her therapy notes say she was in her late teens but her testimony is she was 15.
If she is so sure she was 15 years old then why can she not give the exact year?
8. She can not remember where the party was.
9. She can not remember how she got home from the party.
10. She did not name Kavanaugh in the past but only after the Dems contacted her.

i feel sorry that you donít understand how trauma affects a person. Or maybe you do which is why you are what you are. Humm.

imagine if that bad thing hadnít happened to you. Imagine what you would be.

Jim Mahan
10-02-2018, 09:39 AM

You're helping the idot write his tweets, aren't you?

A point I'm not sure has been made yet. When Dr. Ford, who happens to be an actual expert in the field, mentioned in her testimony about how the brain and chemistry relate to memory and trauma, it ought to have been enough to stop the pernicious BS about whether her memory of an event of three decades past is reliable.

For you folks with an opinion who have not experienced such trauma, consider this alongside the above mentioned bit of brain biochemistry. For a moment put yourself in her place. God this seems too basic to have to explain. Bear with me. It isn't that difficult. There you are having a good time at a party with people from your class, and suddenly you are on your back on a bed with a pair of drunken teenages and one of them is trying to get in your clothes, copping a protracted feel and nearly smothering you, keeping his hand over your mouth. Just the nearly smothering is enough of a trauma to have serious psychological consequences. Parenthetically, that is a crime even without the sexual aspect or the attempted rape.

Now. If that were you looking up a drunken Brett while he and drunken Mark laughed, do you think it is more or less likely that you would forget it, that such a memory wouldn't rank right up there with your first kiss, your graduation party, when your dad walked you down the aisle when your uncle took you fishing?

"Oh, honey, you know how when we got engaged and we took turns being open about our individual pasts so there wouldn't be any jealous lover specters in our closets to damage our relationship built on trust? I forgot to tell you that I was nearly raped by a pair of drunken frat boys one of whom is now a nominee for a SCOTUS appointment. It just clean escaped me until I saw his name on the news. I had to get the old yearbook out. Funny what you forget when you're in love."

LeeG
10-02-2018, 09:51 AM
http://dlisted.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/damon.jpg

LeeG
10-02-2018, 09:53 AM
https://cdn.cnn.com/cnnnext/dam/assets/180930032436-matt-damon-snl-kavanaugh-calendar-exlarge-169.jpg

LeeG
10-02-2018, 09:57 AM
this is a problem

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2018/10/kavanaugh-in-2015-a-judge-must-keep-emotions-in-check-and-not-be-a-political-partisan/

To be a good judge and a good umpire, it’s important to have the proper demeanor. Really important, I think. To walk in the others’ shoes, whether it be the other litigants, the litigants in the case, the other judges. To understand them. To keep our emotions in check. To be calm amidst the storm. On the bench, to put it in the vernacular, don’t be a jerk. I think that’s important. To be a good umpire and a good judge, don’t be a jerk. In your opinions, to demonstrate civility—I think that’s important as well. To show, to help display, that you are trying to make the decision impartially and dispassionately based on the law and not based on your emotions. That we’re not the bigger than the game…There’s a danger of arrogance, as for umpires and referees, but also for judges. And I would say that danger grows the more time you’re on the bench. As one of my colleagues puts it, you become more like yourself—and that can be a problem. -Kavanaugh

C. Ross
10-02-2018, 09:58 AM
Yes.

The narrative that Democrats abused her is a spiffy Fox meme. It's also evil. Better people would stop using it.

John of Phoenix
10-02-2018, 10:12 AM
WHY do you guys feed this TROLL?

S.V. Airlie
10-02-2018, 10:16 AM
WHY do you guys feed this TROLL?I feel sorry for him, he only gets checks from one of the GOP PACS and he's gotta live on something.

genglandoh
10-02-2018, 10:19 AM
And you know the story is false exactly HOW?

Sorry, but you can't spin this. It's a 'he said she said' from 36 years ago, and there is simply no way that the allegation can be proven, one way or the other.

Fortunately, there's a HUGE list of reasons why Kavanaugh should not be confirmed to the Supreme Court: namely, a list of lies and deceptions he's been telling, since the entire process started. See https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/brett-kavanaugh-lies_us_5bb26190e4b027da00d61fcd for the details.

And even aside from all that, the attitude that Kavanaugh displayed in front of the Senate committee shows that he is temperamentally unsuited to be a Supreme Court justice.

Lets take just one example from the Huffpost.

Kavanaugh said “I never attended a gathering like the one Dr. Ford describes in her allegation,”
The huffpost post thinks this is a lie because his calendar shows that he went to parties when he was in high school.

This just shows how sick and perverted some on the left are to think that all high school parties girls are being rapped.

George Jung
10-02-2018, 10:20 AM
lying is all the Rips have. If they had to stand on their merits, they'd fail. Bigly.

George Jung
10-02-2018, 10:21 AM
For good ol' trollbot geng: Enjoy!

https://www.currentaffairs.org/2018/09/how-we-know-kavanaugh-is-lying

Rum_Pirate
10-02-2018, 10:21 AM
Why didn't you post a poll? :confused:

Tom Montgomery
10-02-2018, 10:27 AM
From the Current Affairs article for which George Jung provided a link:

Let’s begin with Kavanaugh’s denial.

Here is what he says: “I never attended a gathering like the one Dr. Ford describes in her allegation.”

And here is the gathering as Ford describes it:

"After a day of diving at the club, I attended a small gathering at a house in the Bethesda area. There were four boys I remember specifically being there: Brett Kavanaugh, Mark Judge, a boy named P.J., and one other boy whose name I cannot recall. I also remember my friend Leland attending. I do not remember all of the details of how that gathering came together, but like many that summer, it was almost surely a spur-of-the-moment gathering… People were drinking beer in a small living room/family room-type area on the first floor of the house."

Kavanaugh says that he never attended any event like this. Like what, though? He never attended a small gathering in Bethesda where people were drinking beer? Kavanaugh submitted his own calendars from the summer of 1982 into evidence for the Senate. As he said himself, “the calendars show a few weekday gatherings at friends’ houses after a workout or just to meet up and have some beers.” He says that he never attended a gathering like this, but that’s obviously false, because the type of gathering he says he did attend is exactly the kind she describes.

Not only is he a liar but he is a transparent liar. Exactly like the piece of trash who nominated him.

Glen Longino
10-02-2018, 11:28 AM
from the current affairs article for which george jung provided a link:

Not only is he a liar but he is a transparent liar. Exactly like the piece of trash who nominated him.

bingo

LeeG
10-02-2018, 11:49 AM

Kavanaugh said “I never attended a gathering like the one Dr. Ford describes in her allegation,”
The huffpost post thinks this is a lie because his calendar shows that he went to parties when he was in high school.

This just shows how sick and perverted some on the left are to think that all high school parties girls are being rapped.

The example is found in the transcript of the hearing. Numerous media sources and journals that are not HuffPost commented on Kavanaughs intentional misdirection.

So Kavanaugh says he didn’t attend parties like the one Ford described, when in fact he described parties just like the one Ford described. Not girls rapping or being raped but informal gatherings of a few kids drinking beer. Boys like beer, girls like beer, sometimes too much beer.

Set aside what happened 35 yrs ago. His pile of unanswered questions, misdirected and false answers combined with his uncontrolled emotional display blaming resentful and conspiring Democrats simply says he is unsuited for the job of SC justice.

Personally I think 17yr old Kavanaugh was a binge drinker for a few years who was absolutely clueless how he presented himself when drunk and matured out of it when he realized that behavior would keep him from achieving personal and professional goals. I doubt he developed enough empathy to know how his behavior could be terrifying to a 15 yr old girl being smothered by a strong drunk jock.

S.V. Airlie
10-02-2018, 12:12 PM
Just think, geng believes Trump's lies, why wouldn't he believe Kavanaugh's?

C. Ross
10-02-2018, 02:14 PM

Some on the left think that “all high school parties girls are being rapped”?

I’m not on the left but I have learned that about 25% of all women in our country will be a victim of sexual abuse.

It’s not rare. And “regular guys” are perpetrators. Once I understood that, it isn’t very hard to take the next logical step which is to give the benefit of the doubt to accusers and not necessarily take angry teary objections from the accused as exculpatory.

I don’t know if Kavanaugh attacked Ford. The best chance of finding out is to have it investigated. President a Trump says it’s been an investigation without boundaries. On that, I’ll take him at his word unless proved otherwise.

S.V. Airlie
10-02-2018, 02:20 PM
Some on the left think that “all high school parties girls are being rapped”?

I’m not on the left but I have learned that about 25% of all women in our country will be a victim of sexual abuse.

It’s not rare. And “regular guys” are perpetrators. Once I understood that, it isn’t very hard to take the next logical step which is to give the benefit of the doubt to accusers and not necessarily take angry teary objections from the accused as exculpatory.

I don’t know if Kavanaugh attacked Ford. The best chance of finding out is to have it investigated. President a Trump says it’s been an investigation without boundaries. On that, I’ll take him at his word unless proved otherwise.Depending on the exact definition I think it's more than 25%. I guess geng is happy with either number though, the likelihood that his boys would be raped is way lower.

George Jung
10-02-2018, 02:22 PM
So.... do you think ol' Geng is a 'boys will be boys' kinda guy?

S.V. Airlie
10-02-2018, 02:24 PM
So.... do you think ol' Geng is a 'boys will be boys' kinda guy?Yea, kinda but, it maybe wishful thinking on his part. He acts like a follower!

Chris249
10-02-2018, 02:54 PM

The sick and perverted can include those who assume the phrase "like the one" has only one meaning - i.e. that girls were getting raped.

It could mean "like the one" because there were schoolkids with beer. It could mean "like the one" because there were girls and boys. It could have any one of several meanings.

The fact that you chose the one that allows you to hate the most people says a lot about you, and it's not nice.

Chris249
10-02-2018, 03:06 PM
The events of 35 years ago will probably never become clear. What is clear is that legal systems and scientific advisers have known for decades how accusations of sexual assault should be treated. Kavanaugh breaks many, perhaps all, of the rules that have been found to be necessary when it comes to sexual assault witnesses.

We all know that women suffer rape and sexual harassment far too often. To stop this behaviour, the legal system needs to treat complainants properly. Kavanaugh did not.

Supporting a man who abuses a sexual assault complainant in this way is supporting rape culture.

Chris Smith porter maine
10-02-2018, 03:13 PM

Actually he went to a party just like this on July 1, it's on his calendar.

S.V. Airlie
10-02-2018, 03:15 PM
Why don't you all on the right read Brett's memo to Star in 1988 as to his feelings about the Monica/ Bill incident? Read it and put Kavanaugh's name instead of Clinton's. How in heck can you not expect the same treatment as Clinton received from him and you can't regarding Kavanaugh? You'll just spin and say the incidents aren't the same which is true for all the wrong reasons. Kavanaugh by his own writings have kissed his own goose.

Durnik
10-02-2018, 03:36 PM
Jim:

For a moment put yourself in her place..

perhaps the greatest single defining characteristic of a red is they can't.

C. Ross.. if Wallboy said it, we can safely presume it's a lie - as in intentional falsehood, evidence being on 'our side'. Cons are not allowed to speak honestly, it blows their cover.

C. Ross
10-02-2018, 08:46 PM
Trump mocks Kavanaugh accuser Christine Blasey Ford at campaign rally - NBC News https://apple.news/A81uP453CRoCo_6nBWQbpHg

Wow. What a wicked little weasel.

Sky Blue
10-02-2018, 08:56 PM
let us give the benefit of doubt to accusers

Only when conservatives are accused, of course. Then dispensing with due process is just fine, it seems. It is odd that we've not heard such strident pleas in the Ellison case (or any other involving a liberal or a progressive, it must be said).

Why is this?

Sky Blue
10-02-2018, 09:02 PM
Why are accusers of right wing political figures the only accusers to be believed and otherwise entitled to dignified treatment?

McMike
10-02-2018, 09:05 PM
Why are accusers of right wing political figures the only accusers to be believed and otherwise entitled to dignified treatment?

You a woke bloke

Garret
10-02-2018, 09:22 PM
Only when conservatives are accused, of course. Then dispensing with due process is just fine, it seems. It is odd that we've not heard such strident pleas in the Ellison case (or any other involving a liberal or a progressive, it must be said).

Why is this?

Your reading comprehension is limited. Must be the time off didn't help? There've been plenty of people here saying Ellison should go if convicted. BK is a different thing - because he's up for the SCOTUS. Of course, being a Trump supporter, you're all for incompetence & lies - so of course your think he should be confirmed without ascertaining what BK really is.