PDA

View Full Version : FBI, Ford and Feinstein

Donn
10-01-2018, 10:14 PM
All three start with F.

Coincidence, or Devil's Triangle?

Sky Blue
10-01-2018, 11:07 PM
There is palpable glee on the dissident right at the possibility that this little FBI investigation might bring in a couple of Democrat scalps in addition to clearing Kavanaugh. Suddenly there's an open window into Feinstein's China spy scandal and who knows what else among Ford's legal team. Subornation of perjury and conspiracy might seem to be issues. Suddenly there's no rush to complete this little investigation, with Trump happier than ever to see it scoped wider and wider.

Jimmy W
10-01-2018, 11:17 PM
Benghazi, Benghazi, Benghazi all over.

Jim Bow
10-01-2018, 11:41 PM
Trump, Manafort, Cohen, Flynn, Gates, Papadopoulos, Kushner.

John Smith
10-02-2018, 07:43 AM
It seems obvious those in charge do not want, and are not really willing to authorize, an honest and thorough investigation.

Once one realizes that, one knows all one needs to know.

Even without an investigation, this nominee has been considerably less than honest, has shown behavior unbecoming to a Supreme court justice, and has shown himself to be a partisan hack.

C. Ross
10-02-2018, 08:08 AM
Republicans indignantly holding a Democratic woman responsible for her dastardly treatment of a woman.

Does anyone seriously believe this is a winning strategy for the GOP? I know the ethically compromised and/or addle-minded Trump Forever crowd will buy it along with everything else, but will anyone else?

C. Ross
10-02-2018, 08:11 AM
The GOP struggles to stay on one song sheet.

Trump Jr. says wave of sexual assault accusations makes him worry for sons more than daughters - The Washington Post
https://apple.news/Abx1mHY8WQhmS0KFWt_eqag

Norman Bernstein
10-02-2018, 08:18 AM
I, for one, am pretty sick of the entire thing.... primarily because Kavanaugh's behavior and attitude throughout this entire story has demonstrated, to me, that he does NOT have the temperament to be a Supreme Court Justice.... not by a long shot. He comes across, to me, as a spoiled prep school rich kid who found himself on third base, and thought he hit a triple.... and thinks that somehow, a Supreme Court appointment is his, by some sort of 'right', rather than privilege.

I'd much prefer to see him rejected by the senate because of his lying to the committee, than for the 'he said she said' aspect of the story, which is something that can never be proven.

S.V. Airlie
10-02-2018, 08:47 AM
I, for one, am pretty sick of the entire thing.... primarily because Kavanaugh's behavior and attitude throughout this entire story has demonstrated, to me, that he does NOT have the temperament to be a Supreme Court Justice.... not by a long shot. He comes across, to me, as a spoiled prep school rich kid who found himself on third base, and thought he hit a triple.... and thinks that somehow, a Supreme Court appointment is his, by some sort of 'right', rather than privilege.

I'd much prefer to see him rejected by the senate because of his lying to the committee, than for the 'he said she said' aspect of the story, which is something that can never be proven.About right without mentioning the beer at all.

TomF
10-02-2018, 08:50 AM
Yeah. The FBI investigation is entirely capable of providing sworn testimony from witnesses which show that Kavanaugh lied to the Senate about several aspects of his high school and college life, in order to present a more polished and acceptable persona for confirmation. The issue for me wouldn't be the misbehaviour as a teen and young adult - which happened 36 years ago. The issue for me would be the lying about it, which happened last week.

Tom Montgomery
10-02-2018, 08:57 AM
the issue for me wouldn't be the misbehaviour as a teen and young adult - which happened 36 years ago. The issue for me would be the lying about it, which happened last week.
bingo!

B_B
10-02-2018, 04:02 PM
Donn, Don, Don Jr, all start with D.
Coincidence, or Devil's Triangle?
React to all with vacuous scree'
from Russia collusion try to untangle
sure are boring to me
they the truth and goodness mangle.

Donn
10-02-2018, 06:54 PM
Don't like boring?
Try ignoring.

B_B
10-02-2018, 07:32 PM
tis indeed hard to ignore
2/3 of the Don trio
the strutting, bellowing, preening galore
empty, vacuous, false brio
Mueller to end all this gore
foisted on us, the whole geo
by fools like you, Hillary, and more

David W Pratt
10-02-2018, 07:39 PM
Doesn't the FBI lose face if they turn up something now that they overlooked in their original background check on Kavanaugh?

Sky Blue
10-02-2018, 08:04 PM
Doesn't the FBI lose face if they turn up something now that they overlooked in their original background check on Kavanaugh?

It's a crime that the FBI might have missed a groping from a high school party 36 years ago that no one reported at the time or remembers now in corroboration.

Incompetents!

Donn
10-02-2018, 09:40 PM
tis indeed hard to ignore

and insult.

Sky Blue
10-02-2018, 10:11 PM
Feinstein now saying the FBI report must be kept secret.

It no doubt contains information damaging to Democrats.

C. Ross
10-02-2018, 10:40 PM
Feinstein now saying the FBI report must be kept secret.

It no doubt contains information damaging to Democrats.

McConnell said so earlier.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/mcconnell-says-only-senators-will-see-fbis-kavanaugh-report/ar-BBNQI6a

No doubt it contains sensitive information. When was the last FBI report on a judicial nominee made public? Weren't you just concerned about "due process"?

Sky Blue
10-02-2018, 10:42 PM
There are reports now that the FBI report is already in, tonight. This is a bad dream come to life for the FBI. They want the Hell out of it, now. There's no way to come out of it looking good. It's just another black eye for them.

Jimmy W
10-03-2018, 12:35 AM
Fentanyl definitely needs to be added to this list of evil things.