PDA

View Full Version : More Kavanaugh fallout

CWSmith
10-01-2018, 07:54 AM
This thing just grows and grows. I'll post a paragraph or two and you can read the rest.

Yale Classmate Accuses Kavanaugh of ‘Blatant Mischaracterization’ of His Drinking

WASHINGTON — A Yale classmate of Judge Brett M. Kavanaugh’s accused him on Sunday of a “blatant mischaracterization” of his drinking while in college, saying that he often saw Judge Kavanaugh “staggering from alcohol consumption.”

The classmate, Chad Ludington, who said he frequently socialized with Judge Kavanaugh as a student, said in a statement that the judge had been untruthful in testimony to the Senate Judiciary Committee when he had denied any possibility that he had ever blacked out from drinking.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/yale-classmate-accuses-kavanaugh-of-‘blatant-mischaracterization’-of-his-drinking/ar-BBNLwzp?ocid=spartandhp

Cotton says Feinstein will be investigated over leaked letter by Kavanaugh accuser

Sen. Tom Cotton said Sunday that Sen. Dianne Feinstein’s office will be investigated to determine whether or not they leaked the confidential letter from Christine Blasey Ford that detailed allegations of sexual misconduct by Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh.

Feinstein, who represents California and who is the ranking Democrat on the Senate Judiciary Committee, had received the letter from Ford sometime over the summer and was asked to keep it confidential. At some point, however, the letter was leaked to the press, although Feinstein denies that anyone in her office is responsible.

“They have betrayed her,” Cotton, R-Ark, said on CBS’ “Face the Nation” about Ford. ” “She has been victimized by Democrats ... on a search-and-destroy mission for Brett Kavanaugh.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/cotton-says-feinstein-will-be-investigated-over-leaked-letter-by-kavanaugh-accuser/ar-BBNKBDq?ocid=spartandhp

McConnell attacks credibility of Kavanaugh accuser Julie Swetnick

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell attacked the credibility of a woman who has come forward with allegations against Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh as the FBI investigates accusations of sexual assault and misconduct against the nominee.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/mcconnell-attacks-credibility-of-kavanaugh-accuser-julie-swetnick/ar-BBNLJuU?ocid=spartandhp

Kellyanne Conway tells CNN "State of the Union" anchor Jake Tapper 'I'm a victim of sexual assault'

Kellyanne Conway revealed Sunday that she is a victim of a past sexual assault during a discussion about the allegations facing Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh.

"I feel very empathetic, frankly, for victims of sexual assault and sexual harassment and rape," Conway told CNN "State of the Union" anchor Jake Tapper.

Conway then paused for a moment and cleared her throat before making an emotional, personal revelation.

"I'm a victim of sexual assault," Conway said.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/kellyanne-conway-tells-cnn-state-of-the-union-anchor-jake-tapper-im-a-victim-of-sexual-assault/ar-BBNKjDH?ocid=spartandhp

Osborne Russell
10-01-2018, 11:53 AM
"I'm a victim of sexual assault," Conway said.

Why did she wait so long to report it? We'll give her a week to investigate. Otherwise, didn't happen.

S.V. Airlie
10-01-2018, 11:57 AM
Why did she wait so long to report it? We'll give her a week to investigate. Otherwise, didn't happen.Yea, why? Why didn't you tell your parents or even tell the police Kellyanne? Oh wait, she's one of the ninety nine who tried to forget it. Got it, never happened. Heck, she didn't even tell her husband or a shrink.

CWSmith
10-01-2018, 11:58 AM
Why did she wait so long to report it? We'll give her a week to investigate. Otherwise, didn't happen.

I do wish her well on this, but I can't believe a single word that comes out of her mouth. For that and many other reasons, I do hope she is lying. I wouldn't wish that pain on even her.

S.V. Airlie
10-01-2018, 12:05 PM
I do wish her well on this, but I can't believe a single word that comes out of her mouth. For that and many other reasons, I do hope she is lying. I wouldn't wish that pain on even her.It was too opportune especially now. It is like trying to make a connection between those who were sexually abused and her beginning with, I hear you, I have empathy for your pain.....

rbgarr
10-01-2018, 12:19 PM
Can someone explain what Conway meant when she added the last sentence (in the bold type)? Is it her point that women are solely responsible for conduct leading up to and during a sexual assault? Or that such events should be reported immediately or not at all?

“I feel very empathetic, frankly, for victims of sexual assault, sexual harassment and rape. I’m a victim of sexual assault,” Conway said. But she added: “I don’t expect Judge Kavanaugh or Jake Tapper or (Republican Sen.) Jeff Flake or anybody to be held responsible for that. You have to be responsible for your own conduct.”

Anthony Zucker
10-01-2018, 12:22 PM
To Ms. "Alternative Facts"; You have our thoughts and prayers,

leikec
10-01-2018, 12:23 PM
Boys will be boys...

Jeff C

Nicholas Scheuer
10-01-2018, 12:27 PM
Ya'think we ought'ta investigate Kelly Ann Conway? Why would she go to work for the same sort of a-hole abuser who victimized her (if true)? This "never happened" BS works both way.

S.V. Airlie
10-01-2018, 12:29 PM
Ya'think we ought'ta investigate Kelly Ann Conway? Why would she go to work for the same sort of a-hole abuser who victimized her (if true)? This "never happened" BS works both way.Now that's a good question, The Stockholm Syndrome!