PDA

View Full Version : imagining what a day of sailing would look like with a few of you...

Ted Hoppe
09-27-2018, 06:14 PM
http://www.sandemanyachtcompany.co.uk/images/boats/1170x500_131_12001180959c37b45110b1.jpg

Chris Smith porter maine
09-27-2018, 06:22 PM
What no beer?

Paul Pless
09-27-2018, 06:34 PM
think not quite colin kaepernick size outlandish out of frikkin control afro

but i'm working on it

Beowolf
09-27-2018, 06:40 PM
I’m good for rail meat. But like most things, I do it better with a beer in hand.

Paul Pless
09-27-2018, 06:52 PM
who have i sailed with on the forum

the mccoshs - awesome sailing host, great boat, great couple, great boat handling, always always always a good time
the ledgers - one of the greatest days i ever spent on the water, with katherine, a 25' hundred year old catboat and the simply lovely couple and damn good friends that restored it and sail it with aplomb - we left their slip, raised sail and sailed all the way to fire island on one tack, then sailed all the way back and practically into their slip on the opposite tack - it was fantastic
russ mannheimer, steven bauer, figment - cold as hell and way too windy, brillant day on a hundred year old herreshoff on fisher's island sound - 7.5 knots under jib and jigger all day long
margo, the mannheimers, chuck, katherine, jamie on board the twelve meter gleam in newport - katherine and mine's first real date chaperoned by a bunch of bilgerats :D
yeadon, twice, briefly once on the breck marshall and once on some hot chick's newly launched sharpie which he promptly stuck in the mud, atop the shallow water buoy - ian mccolgin saw that we were in trouble and no **** got in his dinghy and rowed us out some beers
mickey lake - a weekend of racing his dragon in a fleet of dragons on the great lakes - phenomenal time, tough sailing, brutal fleet, great dinner, man we had one great start!
lew barrett and cris ross briefly on the breck marshall
jamie johnson, spent a phenomenal day aboard his schooner on fishers island sound with katherine and allan aylard - beautiful warm summer day, strong schooner breeze, rail down and water up to the cabin portlights all day long - all day long people were buzzing us in their boats to take take picture it was just tremendous

so twenty folks that i can recall

steven bauer and tim yeadon probably have me beat

mmd
09-27-2018, 06:53 PM
See the older,heftier, guy wearing a baseball cap sitting comfortably in the cockpit, making a motion with his hand that indicates that he is without adult beverage? That'd be me...

bamamick
09-27-2018, 07:13 PM
Nice little Fife.

My sailing days are so few and far between right now. I would LOVE to turn that around and get out there with you guys.

Mickey Lake

amish rob
09-27-2018, 07:17 PM
think not quite colin kaepernick size outlandish out of frikkin control afro

but i'm working on it

Like Sean Penn in Carlitoís Way? :)

Peace,
Robert

Ted Hoppe
09-28-2018, 12:44 PM
Like Peck in Moby Dick? :)

Peace,
Robert

i have to agree! You do have a Peck look.

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1910/44923875022_cdfa6ab486_c.jpg

Phil Y
09-28-2018, 04:24 PM
I don't do the Yottie Whites so much, but happy to come along.

amish rob
09-28-2018, 04:28 PM
i have to agree! You do have a Peck look.

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1910/44923875022_cdfa6ab486_c.jpg

I hadnít mentioned my looks, nor begun a line of jokes about them.

Besides, EVERYONE knows I look like Abe.

Peace,
Robert

WI-Tom
09-29-2018, 03:43 PM
I hadn’t mentioned my looks, nor begun a line of jokes about them.

Besides, EVERYONE knows I look like Abe.

Peace,
Robert

The famous Vampire Hunter? Cool!

Tom

amish rob
09-29-2018, 10:10 PM
The famous Vampire Hunter? Cool!

Tom

My mom is a Todd, which is really funny. Iím not at all related to the guy, except distantly, by marriage, but Iím a passable doppelgšnger.

Iím working on my high pitched drawl.

Peace,
Master Wrassler Esq.