PDA

View Full Version : BROTM for October... Nominations...

Spin_Drift
09-27-2018, 12:45 PM
Itís about that time again. Weíve had some great BROTMS this year. Letís keep the trend going.

Whome do you think would be a great, entertaining person for October ?

Rum_Pirate
09-27-2018, 12:46 PM
George Jung

SKIP KILPATRICK
09-27-2018, 12:51 PM
Big shoes to fill after the stellar job Twodot has done this month!

Genglandoh

-- I love his "Do you thing .... " threads, specially when there is a poll attached.

Ian McColgin
09-27-2018, 12:53 PM
I find myself pleasantly surprised to be in agreement with Rum_Pirate. I second George Jung.

Vince Brennan
09-27-2018, 12:58 PM
Big George! (Say, I got this rash...)

isla
09-27-2018, 01:12 PM
Yes, George is well overdue. Fourthed (is that a real word?)

P.I. Stazzer-Newt
09-27-2018, 01:32 PM
Quartered.?

Rum_Pirate
09-27-2018, 01:41 PM
Is there going to be a poll?

Or a shoo-in?

Ian McColgin
09-27-2018, 05:27 PM
Do we need a poll? What if the Chinese try to hack it?

johnw
09-27-2018, 05:31 PM
No, they'll just put tariffs on bass boats built by Trump supporters.

Joe (SoCal)
09-27-2018, 05:32 PM
George Jung

Paul Pless
09-27-2018, 05:39 PM

do we need a confirmation hearing?

wait George, why are you running away???

fast bugger ainít he

George Jung
09-27-2018, 07:56 PM
Respectfully declined. But thanks

SKIP KILPATRICK
09-27-2018, 10:32 PM
Respectfully declined. But thanks

Once the crown is placed on your head, it's yours. Sorry pal!

John of Phoenix
09-27-2018, 10:36 PM
You've declined a couple of times before. Just Do It (swoosh, take a knee and get it over with).

Spin_Drift
09-29-2018, 12:47 AM
Too bad George declined as so many wanted to see him as the Rat Of The Month.

Gentlemen, we want a BROTM for October. Someone who will want to play the game and contribute interesting and fun posts.

P.I. Stazzer-Newt
09-29-2018, 02:27 AM
We are jst going to have to re-use old ones..

Joe - now of southern california....

Spin_Drift
10-01-2018, 07:46 AM
I would like to recommend Bluedog225 for BROTM for October. I find him a well mannered, positive poster. I bet he would do well.

Thoughts?

Rum_Pirate
10-01-2018, 08:09 AM

Gentlemen, we want a BROTM for October. Someone who will want to play the game and contribute interesting and fun posts.

I'd volunteer, but regretfully I am on too many 'ignore' lists and would be unable to reach out to many forumites.

http://www.philmora.com/uploads/4/8/0/0/4800419/408600_orig.jpg

Ian McColgin
10-01-2018, 08:37 AM
Bluedog225 ? Good idea Spin.

C. Ross
10-01-2018, 08:39 AM
Good idea!

Rum_Pirate
10-01-2018, 08:40 AM
I'll give Bluedog225 my vote.

Bob Adams
10-01-2018, 08:42 AM

I give you credit Dear Lady.....you don't give up on this bunch. I have.

S.V. Airlie
10-01-2018, 08:48 AM
do we need a confirmation hearing?

wait George, why are you running away???

fast bugger ain’t heWhat about his drinking?

Art Haberland
10-01-2018, 09:03 AM
What about his drinking?

I thought drinking was a requirement for BROTM?

CWSmith
10-01-2018, 09:05 AM
I'd volunteer, but regretfully I am on too many 'ignore' lists and would be unable to reach out to many forumites.

:) I'm sorry. That just strikes me as funny! :)

Rum_Pirate
10-01-2018, 09:29 AM
Should there be an FBI* investigation for BROTM?

* FBI - Futile Bilge Investigation

bluedog225
10-01-2018, 09:41 AM
Brothers and sisters

I am sincerely flattered. I must confess that I have only recently dipped a toe into these ... waters (insert your own adjective). And, to the best of my recollection, I have never opened or participated in a BROTM thread. Note, I have in the distant past enjoyed an adult beverage and the years have not been kind to my marginally adequate memory. Therefore, I have no idea how to carry out the duties of the office. Provocateur, peace maker, mediator?

Furthermore, I have not yet been banned and I was under the impression that at least one such event was a prerequisite.

And having recently expressed a number of opinions that have driven some of our members into fits of incoherent rage, I fear my appointment would further divide or ranks at a time when greater empathy and understanding are needed most.

All that is to say, I lack even the basic qualifications to serve and there is little chance that I would survive the confirmation process.

Amish Rob seems like the visionary we need. He is firmly grounded in his beliefs and well-loved by all.

Kind regards

Tom

Spin_Drift
10-01-2018, 02:22 PM
Brothers and sisters

I am sincerely flattered. I must confess that I have only recently dipped a toe into these ... waters (insert your own adjective). And, to the best of my recollection, I have never opened or participated in a BROTM thread. Note, I have in the distant past enjoyed an adult beverage and the years have not been kind to my marginally adequate memory. Therefore, I have no idea how to carry out the duties of the office. Provocateur, peace maker, mediator?

Furthermore, I have not yet been banned and I was under the impression that at least one such event was a prerequisite.

And having recently expressed a number of opinions that have driven some of our members into fits of incoherent rage, I fear my appointment would further divide or ranks at a time when greater empathy and understanding are needed most.

All that is to say, I lack even the basic qualifications to serve and there is little chance that I would survive the confirmation process.

Amish Rob seems like the visionary we need. He is firmly grounded in his beliefs and well-loved by all.

Kind regards

Tom

Amish Rob was a great BROTM but we need some new blood in the game and many of of us think you will do great as the BROTM of October. Just keep posting as you do and start new positive threads :) :D.

amish rob
10-01-2018, 02:32 PM
Amish Rob was a great BROTM but we need some new blood in the game and many of of us think you will do great as the BROTM of October. Just keep posting as you do and start new positive threads :) :D.

Technically, Amish Rob was never BROTM. Too smart for that.

Day one he was declared Emperor For Life, by himself, of course. Brilliant move, really. Lifetime appointment, right off the bat. :D

I had no idea what the BROTM even was. Itís whatever you want it to be. Sometimes it will continue for consecutive months...

Really, itís a great excuse to get folks to contribute threads, because everyone has something unique and special to contribute, other than the usual, eh?

To wit, I will endorse your selection as BROTM. Official Imperial Decree, even, for what thatís worth. :)

Peace,
Emperor For Life

Spin_Drift
10-01-2018, 02:34 PM
Technically, Amish Rob was never BROTM. Too smart for that.

Day one he was declared Emperor For Life, by himself, of course. Brilliant move, really. Lifetime appointment, right off the bat. :D

I had no idea what the BROTM even was. It’s whatever you want it to be. Sometimes it will continue for consecutive months...

Really, it’s a great excuse to get folks to contribute threads, because everyone has something unique and special to contribute, other than the usual, eh?

To wit, I will endorse your selection as BROTM. Official Imperial Decree, even, for what that’s worth. :)

Peace,
Emperor For Life

YOU are an amazing, lovely person. <3

Flying Orca
10-01-2018, 02:51 PM
YOU are an amazing, lovely person. <3

It's true.