PDA

View Full Version : Another great British crime drama: 'Line of Duty'

Norman Bernstein
09-26-2018, 07:38 AM
I just finished re-watching this series last night... I hadn't remembered that I had seen it before, but once I started re-watching it, I couldn't stop... thankfully, I didn't remember the conclusions of the plot twists, so it was every bit as enjoyable as when I first watched the series.

There were four seasons of 'Line of Duty' so far... and according to the wiki, the fifth season is being filmed now, and the BBC has ordered a sixth, as well. This is rather unusual, for a British crime drama series, most of which only last a couple of seasons, even when they are very highly rated.

The series concerns a British police organization called 'AC 12', with 'AC' standing for 'anti-corruption'.... sort of the equivalent of an American IAD (Internal Affairs Division), tasked with rooting out corruption with the police department. The four seasons actually string together an overall plot about some mysterious cabal of highly placed corrupt police officials, which the investigators manage to chip away at, but never quite reach the overall conspiracy.

The action, in the series, is intense, and each episode ends with something of a cliff-hanger... compelling the viewer to want to see the next episode. I actually binge-watched this, staying up until all hours of the night. Each season, by the way, consists of six hour-long episodes (except the first season, which had only 5 episodes).

Highly recommended. It might be available on services like Netflix or your on-demand cable company service; I downloaded the episodes from the newsgroups. I see that some episodes are available on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUzQhOmroIY

George Jung
09-26-2018, 10:59 AM
Thanks - I needed that! We're all caught up with our usuals.

Norman Bernstein
09-26-2018, 11:10 AM
Thanks - I needed that! We're all caught up with our usuals.

The hits just keep on comin'..... I've been watching the first few episodes of 'The Tunnel', and it's really interesting.... a combined British/French production, very tense and mysterious. I love the characters: a middle-aged Brit detective with a wry sense of humor, a young French female detective with Asperger's syndrome.... well written.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkI-gbkfMlQ

George Jung
09-26-2018, 11:17 AM
Thankuverymuch!

Anthony Zucker
09-26-2018, 11:19 AM
Norm; We took your advice on Shetland and it was the perfect binge series.

So we'll take your advice on these as well. Thanks in advance

George Jung
09-26-2018, 11:21 AM
Greetings, Anthony; long time, and all.