PDA

View Full Version : "Lugubrious leech"

Duncan Gibbs
08-31-2018, 08:49 PM
"You orange apparition! [...] She worked above you! She worked beyond you!"

Amen!

Ian McColgin
08-31-2018, 09:09 PM
All trying to steal publicity from perhaps the greatest funeral ever.

In the summer of '65 I proved to my first true love that I was culturally clueless. I came back from a day on an informational picket line for Long Island migrant potatoe diggers and told her that some skinny guy named "Pete" drove by to sing with us.

Yeah. Pete Seeger.

Part of her educating me was to take me to hear a guest preacher from Detroit and his daughter at Harlem's Abyssinian Baptist Church. Rev. Franklin had an amazing voice but I felt the congregation's emotional -- gasp? -- gulp? -- expectant breath? -- Everyone but me know what was coming when Rev. Franklin said, "And now for song from 'Retha."

David G
08-31-2018, 09:36 PM
All trying to steal publicity from perhaps the greatest funeral ever.

In the summer of '65 I proved to my first true love that I was culturally clueless. I came back from a day on an informational picket line for Long Island migrant potatoe diggers and told her that some skinny guy named "Pete" drove by to sing with us.

Yeah. Pete Seeger.

Part of her educating me was to take me to hear a guest preacher from Detroit and his daughter at Harlem's Abyssinian Baptist Church. Rev. Franklin had an amazing voice but I felt the congregation's emotional -- gasp? -- gulp? -- expectant breath? -- Everyone but me know what was coming when Rev. Franklin said, "And now for song from 'Retha."

What a lovely introduction and education.

For me it was freshman year of college, when I had a girlfriend from a middle-class, black, Georgia family. Her nickname was Peaches. She taught me much - including an appreciation for Motown & Gospel... and how to cook a chicken about 19 different ways.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bst2UFDMpWE

And yes... Trump is doing what he does best - confuse, lie, claim more he's earned, push his way into the spotlight, distract, and con.

David G
08-31-2018, 11:13 PM
https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/38859482_2117118681691634_2345078059448664064_n.jp g?_nc_cat=0&oh=48a9894f5fee1e5aca879e650d891f2e&oe=5C3656A1