PDA

View Full Version : The DNC has changed their minds about donations from big oil.

genglandoh
08-16-2018, 07:39 AM
Title: Democratic National Committee Backtracks On Its Ban Of Fossil Fuel Donations
The move comes just two months after the party adopted a resolution to prohibit oil, gas and coal company contributions.
Link: https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/dnc-fossil-fuel-donations_us_5b6dddd4e4b0530743c9ca67

S.V. Airlie
08-16-2018, 07:45 AM
Geng, why don't you take the time to actually read the article rather than just the headline. I'm sure the headline got you pretty excited but, you should have read the article too.

Garret
08-16-2018, 08:03 AM
Actually Jamie, this is a step backwards & I'm disappointed by it. While the Reps are supported by big oil, coal, etc. - the original ban was intended to reduce the impact oil has on elections. Perez & company blew that out of the water.

on the border
08-16-2018, 09:50 AM
Actually Jamie, this is a step backwards & I'm disappointed by it.
If you look at the numbers what this says to people is, not only are the Democrats whores, but they are cheap whores. Got two dollahs, mistah ? Ah'll do anything you want ...

ljb5
08-16-2018, 10:21 AM
This is another one of those threads of geng demanding that we hold the Democrats to a standard that he would never apply to the Republicans.

How silly.

Energy is a major US industry employing hundreds of thousands of people and providing a product to every American. I'm not a big fan of the corporations, but I don't think they need to be treated like a pariah.

Meanwhile, Republicans are actively arguing that it's okay for them to take in-kind campaign donations from the KGB.

And geng hasn't done a thread about that.

Paul Pless
08-16-2018, 10:26 AM
And geng hasn't done a thread about that.one of major defining characteristics of the current gop and the gop base is hypocrisy

John of Phoenix
08-16-2018, 10:33 AM
"Fear, hate, lies and hypocrisy."

Got it.

Hugh Conway
08-16-2018, 10:37 AM
one of major defining characteristics of the current gop and the gop base is hypocrisy

it's not hypocrisy. it's an untetherment to reality - see his NK thread. Everybody - including Trump & his administration - but the geng's of the world know Trump got punked. But geng still bangs his little drum of BS.

Garret
08-16-2018, 10:43 AM
This is another one of those threads of geng demanding that we hold the Democrats to a standard that he would never apply to the Republicans.

How silly.

Energy is a major US industry employing hundreds of thousands of people and providing a product to every American. I'm not a big fan of the corporations, but I don't think they need to be treated like a pariah.

Meanwhile, Republicans are actively arguing that it's okay for them to take in-kind campaign donations from the KGB.

Doesn't mean the Dems can't take the high road. "They're worse" is not a good reason.

beernd
08-16-2018, 10:51 AM
"Fear, hate, lies and hypocrisy."

Got it.

You forgot GREED

genglandoh
08-17-2018, 03:08 PM

How silly.

I did not demand anything.
I just posted a news story about the DNC.

ljb5
08-17-2018, 03:40 PM
I did not demand anything.
I just posted a news story about the DNC.

It's a pretty dull person who sees a significant and interesting news story and doesn't feel stirred to action.

genglandoh
08-17-2018, 04:40 PM
It's a pretty dull person who sees a significant and interesting news story and doesn't feel stirred to action.

Thank you for the complement, this is the nicest thing you have ever posted about me.

Chris Smith porter maine
08-17-2018, 04:55 PM
So looking at the title Democrats are no longer donating to big oil I'm good with that.

genglandoh
08-17-2018, 04:59 PM
So looking at the title Democrats are no longer donating to big oil I'm good with that.

Sorry the thread title had a typo, I just fixed it.
Thank you for pointing it out.

S.V. Airlie
08-17-2018, 05:46 PM
Thank you for pointing it out.Yup, it must be hard when you're in such a rush to post something bad about Democrats or the Democratic party and you post thread titles like this.

As I see it, you really should start worrying about your own party geng. You'd be amazed as how much they're screwing up everything.

Chris Smith porter maine
08-17-2018, 05:53 PM
Thank you for pointing it out.

I thought the title must have been a mistake, I am really glad the Democrats are not donating to big oil and coal like the Republicans are doing with there tax cuts. I feel better now thanks.

ljb5
08-17-2018, 06:51 PM
Thank you for the complement, this is the nicest thing you have ever posted about me.

Have you tried changing your behavior so you make a better impression upon people?

George Jung
08-17-2018, 06:54 PM
Hehehe... good one!

David W Pratt
08-17-2018, 07:37 PM
I like "untetherment". Although it took me a second to read it, and spell check does not like it.
But shouldn't it be "from" not "to"?