PDA

View Full Version : Major Multi-hull Project Boat, Cl, Peabody, Ma.

Daniel Noyes
08-04-2018, 12:57 PM
ambitious project but ideal for someone looking for a Trimaran!

https://images.craigslist.org/01212_ff4WYFPJH1Y_600x450.jpg

https://nh.craigslist.org/boa/d/45ft-trimaran/6628033907.html

JimConlin
08-04-2018, 03:42 PM
It looks like a desirable boat and nicely built.
The price is well below what the the builder has spent on materials and components. Getting it done will not be inexpensive.
Sadly, there are similar finished boats on the market at not much more money and I can report that the market for used multihulls is far from brisk. Must be a big disappointment to the builder.
At least I got eight fun years from Damfino before deciding to part with it.
Jim

oznabrag
08-04-2018, 08:48 PM
It looks like a desirable boat and nicely built.
The price is well below what the the builder has spent on materials and components. Getting it done will not be inexpensive.
Sadly, there are similar finished boats on the market at not much more money and I can report that the market for used multihulls is far from brisk. Must be a big disappointment to the builder.
At least I got eight fun years from Damfino before deciding to part with it.
Jim

It looks to me as though he's giving it away with the stipulation that you have $25K in ready cash so he'll know you can finish it.

The 25k is to make it seaworthy so it can be motored, tree work, crane, Brownell System moving fee, you need to have the budget and want to finish the project.

JimConlin
08-04-2018, 09:07 PM
It looks to me as though he's giving it away with the stipulation that you have $25K in ready cash so he'll know you can finish it.

It'll take way more than that.

wizbang 13
08-05-2018, 12:00 AM
If he had chosen a 45' ugly catamaran, it'd have so much more value today.
Trimarans lost.

Tom Wilkinson
08-05-2018, 10:20 AM

The 25k sounds to me like that's what it will take to get it moved and motoring, not complete. What's the alternative? Cut it up? A shame as it looks well built.

JimConlin
08-05-2018, 11:32 AM
If he had chosen a 45' ugly catamaran, it'd have so much more value today.
Trimarans lost.
I can attest to this.

wizbang 13
08-05-2018, 02:02 PM
I came THIS close to building a Searunner instead of my Venus.