PDA

View Full Version : I feel like such a hypocrite

Paul Pless
07-27-2018, 10:31 AM
Just drove through the entire star of Tennessee in the left lane.

at least I didnít have the left turn signal on the whole way. . .
and the cruise control was set pretty high, itís not like I held anybody up

George Jung
07-27-2018, 10:39 AM
I've heard of people like you...

mmd
07-27-2018, 10:42 AM
"Just drove through the entire star of Tennessee in the left lane."

Not much traffic going south this time of year, eh?

Oh.

Four-lane divided highways. Right...

SKIP KILPATRICK
07-27-2018, 10:47 AM
No State Troopers out, huh?

AlanMc
07-27-2018, 10:48 AM
i hope you were going at least 90. less than 90 in the left lane in TN is dangerous. :D

Garret
07-27-2018, 10:51 AM
Just drove through the entire star of Tennessee in the left lane.

at least I didn’t have the left turn signal on the whole way. . .
and the cruise control was set pretty high, it’s not like I held anybody up

Just where exactly is the "star of Tennessee"?

Ian McColgin
07-27-2018, 10:58 AM
If you're at double the limit stay left.

Memphis Mike
07-27-2018, 11:17 AM
Did you pass by here without giving me a shout?

amish rob
07-27-2018, 11:29 AM
See, Iím the opposite. I feel like a hypercrite.

Peace,
Robert

Canoeyawl
07-27-2018, 11:37 AM
I was once driving south through Tennesee and going about 80 or so in the right lane and as I came over a rise there was a pickup truck going about 25 mph swerving back and forth in my lane with four men sitting on the tailgate swinging their feet and drinking from a shared bottle. A Semi-truck was passing them in the left lane. It happened so fast there was nothing for it but to pass on the shoulder. It rattled me, but you should have seen the look in their eyes when my truck went by on the shoulder!
Jeebus that was close...

Ted Hoppe
07-27-2018, 11:49 AM
Not a single stop for biscuits & gravy or chicken fried steak. Damn yankee.

Cracker Barrel and Waffle House are seeking damages.

Memphis Mike
07-27-2018, 12:49 PM
You didn't drive through the entire state. You drove through the skinny part.

Garret
07-27-2018, 12:54 PM
You didn't drive through the entire state. You drove through the skinny part.

Long ago I rode my motorcycle from Bristol to Memphis. The state is mighty long that way!

Memphis Mike
07-27-2018, 01:50 PM
Long ago I rode my motorcycle from Bristol to Memphis. The state is mighty long that way!

Yes it is and until you do that you are indeed a hypocrite. :D

Memphis Mike
07-27-2018, 01:55 PM
I have driven the entire length of I 40 from Barstow all the way to Wilmington.

Rum_Pirate
07-27-2018, 01:56 PM
I shall not contradict the thread poster. :dLOL:d

Garret
07-27-2018, 02:05 PM
Yes it is and until you do that you are indeed a hypocrite. :D

Phew!

A little thread drift, but what the heck - it's not like I've never done it before...

On that ride (1972 IIRC), I was headed for Fayetteville, AR and I took back roads across northern AR. In Clarkesville, I saw a sign for Champion Plugs & the Norton was due for some, so I stopped in. Classic country store - a little of everything + a potbellied stove (unlit - it was summer) with guys in overalls sitting around it jawing. At that time in my life I had a full beard & a 12" ponytail. I walked in & was completely ignored. I waited a minute or 2 & said "Excuse me, but could I buy some plugs?" (I saw the N-9Ys on the shelf.) Silence. I tried again, and the proprietor slowly swiveled his head towards me & said "Son, you'd be real smart to just walk right out that door. Now."

I did (well duh). As I left town I had "Last Train to Clarkesville" stuck in my head for the next hour. I was down there a few years ago & the ex-hippies all had short hair & the rednecks long. Times change!

Memphis Mike
07-27-2018, 02:31 PM
Phew!

A little thread drift, but what the heck - it's not like I've never done it before...

On that ride (1972 IIRC), I was headed for Fayetteville, AR and I took back roads across northern AR. In Clarkesville, I saw a sign for Champion Plugs & the Norton was due for some, so I stopped in. Classic country store - a little of everything + a potbellied stove (unlit - it was summer) with guys in overalls sitting around it jawing. At that time in my life I had a full beard & a 12" ponytail. I walked in & was completely ignored. I waited a minute or 2 & said "Excuse me, but could I buy some plugs?" (I saw the N-9Ys on the shelf.) Silence. I tried again, and the proprietor slowly swiveled his head towards me & said "Son, you'd be real smart to just walk right out that door. Now."

I did (well duh). As I left town I had "Last Train to Clarkesville" stuck in my head for the next hour. I was down there a few years ago & the ex-hippies all had short hair & the rednecks long. Times change!

I'm thinking of the song "Uneasy Rider." :D

Phil Y
07-27-2018, 05:55 PM
Driving a Ford Galaxy no doubt.

Lew Barrett
07-28-2018, 12:16 AM
Just where exactly is the "star of Tennessee"?

Since you asked, he was at our house this morning.

BrianW
07-28-2018, 12:20 AM
Phew!

For those not in the know... Clarksville TN is the home of the 101st Airborne at Ft Campbell Ky. The border between Tn and KY runs through Ft Campbell.

Maybe not a good place for a self-proclaimed hippy in 1972. :D

Garret
07-28-2018, 06:30 AM
For those not in the know... Clarksville TN is the home of the 101st Airborne at Ft Campbell Ky. The border between Tn and KY runs through Ft Campbell.

Maybe not a good place for a self-proclaimed hippy in 1972. :D

This was Clarkesville, Arkansas - but also not a good place for a longhair in 72.