PDA

View Full Version : Some Will Ignore This

ljb5
07-22-2018, 03:22 PM
Because it doesn't suit their political bias.

Three men criminally charged for physical harassment of protester at Trump rally in Louisville (http://www.wdrb.com/story/32490892/three-men-charged-with-misdemeanors-for-physical-harassment-of-donald-trump-protester)

LOUISVILLE, Ky., (WDRB) – A white nationalist and two other men are facing criminal charges after they were caught on video shoving a black female protester through the crowd at a rally for Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump in Louisville in March, according to police...

Bamberger later wrote a letter to the veteran’s association admitting his role in the assault, according to records in the lawsuit file.

“Trump kept saying ‘get them out, get them out’ and people in the crowd began pushing and shoving the protesters,” Bamberger wrote. “”I physically pushed a young woman down the aisle toward the exit, an action I sincerely regret.”

Let me guess... this was Obama's fault?

Peerie Maa
07-22-2018, 03:45 PM
Let us wait and see who pays their legal costs. ;)

SMARTINSEN
07-22-2018, 05:42 PM
It is an old story, but here is an update

https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/2018/06/22/matthew-heimbach-released-jail-legal-woes-are-far-over

David G
07-22-2018, 05:47 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsHtfg7E3lA

Vince Brennan
07-22-2018, 10:29 PM
EllJay... W T F dude???

We get all over the wingnutz for resurrecting old (and, in some cases, incredibly moribund) news items which show badly on libburels and demmicrabs, and we call them trolls (well, that's one of the more acceptable sobriquets used), and now, here YOU go with an equally ancient shiver-a-licious news item which only has relevance to today in that it casts Trumpistas in a bad light (and, at that, one of them repented his actions) to prove..... what?

That you are just as desperate as Noisey to publish news which produces NO immediate impact?

To show that the "conswervative wingies" are deserving of excoriation and ridicule? (News for you: You are your own worst enemy here.... You are the Enemy of the Liberal attitude.... this is nonsense posting. Even I, as a card-carrying, rabid, crowd-inciting, parade-marching, screaming, libburel think that your unthinking and rabid rhetoric, and I KNOW you really believe your spew, Dear EllJay, but if you REALLY look closely at what you radiate and TO WHOM, you'll find that the effect of your posts completely contravenes your initial intention.

We need to engage the (still intelligent) posters of the Right with some actual content which may show (and convince) them that their simplistic constant is not actually promulgating a viable position, but that (perhaps) we can induce them to investigate the quintessential Boo-Foomps which are instructing and influencing the majority (un-educated) psuedo-white-supremacy and Trumpista groups which seem to be the most vocal and quoted groups in the right today.

DOOD. Like, The Dude would NOT approve!!!

James McMullen
07-23-2018, 05:32 AM
Vince, can you name for me a still intelligent poster of the Right who is worth engaging with? I am honestly curious, because I genuinely can’t think of one here. Every single one of them I can recall has engaged in such blatantly dishonest sophistry over Trump that I cannot imagine they are redeemable at this stage, and therefore deserve only scorn and ostracization. I’m serious. I wouldn’t waste my time with people like Brian or Daniel or Rum. I’d cross the street to avoid any of them, ignore an email or text, and leave them off my Christmas card list.

Seriously, they’re not invited to my party. They can go be miserable humans on their own. I’ve got plenty of genuinely awesome people to hang out with rather than delusional misanthropes. Life’s too short. Where got time, lah?

oznabrag
07-23-2018, 06:01 AM
. . . Boo-Foomps . . .

Had to look that one up.

Vince, can you name for me a still intelligent poster of the Right who is worth engaging with? I am honestly curious, because I genuinely can’t think of one here. Every single one of them I can recall has engaged in such blatantly dishonest sophistry over Trump that I cannot imagine they are redeemable at this stage, and therefore deserve only scorn and ostracization. I’m serious. I wouldn’t waste my time with people like Brian or Daniel or Rum. I’d cross the street to avoid any of them, ignore an email or text, and leave them off my Christmas card list.

Seriously, they’re not invited to my party. They can go be miserable humans on their own. I’ve got plenty of genuinely awesome people to hang out with rather than delusional misanthropes. Life’s too short. Where got time, lah?

They are not redeemable.

Their position is based on the lie that to be Fascist is to love America.

That to 'drown the government in a bathtub' is to honor the Constitution upon which the government rests.

The answer lies not in trying to 'reach' these people, but to illuminate the consequences of apathy and complacency in the face of this Fascist onslaught.

Khrushchev may not even have understood that his greatest weapon in his battle to 'destroy us from within' was selling the lie that Capitalism is the political system of the USA.

These Morons bought that lie wholesale.

John Smith
07-23-2018, 06:43 AM
I'd remind all that inciting violence is not free speech. It ought not be when spoken by a candidate.

ljb5
07-23-2018, 08:05 AM
EllJay... W T F dude???

There's no expiration date on reality.

The news article I posted was accurate and relevant to a topic that we were discussing. It was timely, in the sense that the people and forces it relates to are still in play today -- and that it was in direct response to some images posted by another user from the same year.

Sometimes, in the course of our discussions, people discuss events that happened four years ago, forty years ago or four hundred years ago. It's all fair if it's real and relevant.

This seems to have triggered you beyond proportion. If you don't like the thread, just ignore it.

Osborne Russell
07-23-2018, 11:04 AM
That you are just as desperate as Noisey to publish news which produces NO immediate impact?

So it's immediate impact or nothing eh?

Residents report several individuals associated with right wing militias parked two rented trucks at a state park, and menaced anyone who came near. Timothy McVeigh and Terry Nichols were among them. But there was no immediate impact.

Incitement to violence produces no immediate violence, therefore there it's not incitement to violence.

Yes it is.

Vince Brennan
07-23-2018, 12:05 PM
There's no expiration date on reality.

The news article I posted was accurate and relevant to a topic that we were discussing. WHAT topic were you discussing? There was no topic referenced, as in (Well, this really applies to the post about...), nor did it follow in-line a previous post.
It was timely, in the sense that the people and forces it relates to are still in play today -- and that it was in direct response to some images posted by another user from the same year. And we are to infer this... how? By using our TD Tinfoil Hats or staring into Smith's tophat?

Sometimes, in the course of our discussions, people discuss events that happened four years ago, forty years ago or four hundred years ago. It's all fair if it's real and relevant. Again, and not to 'pummel further an expired equine', RELEVANCE, unless indicated, is almost always lost in this sort of posting.

This seems to have triggered you beyond proportion. If you don't like the thread, just ignore it. The thread? No, I object to sloppy reportage. I thought better of you than that.

Gerarddm
07-23-2018, 12:23 PM
When he said at a rally that he would pay for the bail money or fines or whatever arising from his supporters getting arrested for tossing out protestors, I wondered why he wasn't immediately arrested by local police for incitement to riot.

I am serious as a crutch.

ljb5
07-23-2018, 12:28 PM
WHAT topic were you discussing? There was no topic referenced, as in (Well, this really applies to the post about...), nor did it follow in-line a previous post. And we are to infer this... how? By using our TD Tinfoil Hats or staring into Smith's tophat?

I believe the intention of the thread was reasonably evident to the person to whom it was directed.

I did not intend for you to get 'caught in the cross fire', as it were.... nor did I expect you to take a flop like Neymar.

There's just no way this thread hurt you that badly.

Vince Brennan
07-23-2018, 12:47 PM

I'd take Bdub off that list, he's a rabid conservative and couldn't stand Obama, but he's not an acid-spewer.

Vince Brennan
07-23-2018, 12:48 PM
I believe the intention of the thread was reasonably evident to the person to whom it was directed.

I did not intend for you to get 'caught in the cross fire', as it were.... nor did I expect you to take a flop like Neymar.

There's just no way this thread hurt you that badly.

It insults my Izzat.