PDA

View Full Version : HM The Queen jabs Trump with her sharp pointed choices of Broaches.

Nicholas Scheuer
07-17-2018, 02:12 PM
She ain't no dummy. Too bad she had no opportunity to invite Trump to saddle up for a ride around the "back 40" at Balmoral. Something to separate the men from the boys, eh?

Nicholas Scheuer
07-17-2018, 02:14 PM
https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/royals/did-the-queen-troll-trump-with-her-brooches/ar-AAAcsvl?ocid=spartandhp

Oppps, forgot to post the link.

S.V. Airlie
07-17-2018, 02:21 PM
The Queen didn't want to kill the horse, it's a beautiful horse!

Art Haberland
07-17-2018, 02:31 PM
oh that is beautifully barbed wit on Her Majesty's part. Bravo!

S.V. Airlie
07-17-2018, 02:34 PM
oh that is beautifully barbed wit on Her Majesty's part. Bravo!She has plenty of experience dealing with dimwits and no one can call her stupid. I agree.

Figment
07-17-2018, 02:35 PM
The brooch from her father's state funeral.
Damn.

I'd be interested to learn what other events have brought that one out of the box. Surely someone tracks these things.

SKIP KILPATRICK
07-17-2018, 02:54 PM
Do you remember her Brexit hat?

https://cdn.cnn.com/cnnnext/dam/assets/170621144727-01b-queens-hat-eu-flag-split-full-169.jpg (https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwiS9_WG9abcAhWLON8KHS51C6MQjRx6BAgBEAU&url=https%3A%2F%2Fedition.cnn.com%2F2017%2F06%2F21 %2Feurope%2Fqueen-speech-hat-brexit-trnd%2Findex.html&psig=AOvVaw0zSW5yUXTTVOC4wLazSGk-&ust=1531943592426665)

Garret
07-17-2018, 03:31 PM
This, folks, is what a person with some taste and brains can do to someone completely lacking either.

AlanMc
07-17-2018, 03:38 PM
wow, who has the time and effort to research broaches for their hidden meanings? not this guy.

Garret
07-17-2018, 03:40 PM
wow, who has the time and effort to research broaches for their hidden meanings? not this guy.

No worries - they have people who do that already.

SKIP KILPATRICK
07-17-2018, 03:45 PM

Luckily you have time to comment on it though! :D

mmd
07-17-2018, 03:46 PM
When one plays in the circles of presidents and queens, one must be aware that every detail will be scrutinized. It is best to understand this, and be just as punctilious, or be made to look the fool. The Queen knows this, and plays accordingly. Mr. Trump has enough money on his own to pay for, and as President he has (or should have) a staff to do the research to be aware of such things.

Bottom line is, he got bitch-slapped and didn't even realize that it was that sweet little old lady that was doing the slapping.

john welsford
07-17-2018, 04:00 PM

With respect, a "broach" is an uncontrolled sharp turn or an engineering tool used for cutting shapes in metal, one wears a "brooch".

Smart lady, our Queen. Very experienced in dealing with people she may not have a high opinion of.

John Welsford.

Nicholas Scheuer
07-17-2018, 04:02 PM
No worries - they have people who do that already.

Very likely it is these same people who subsequently leak the appropriate explanations to the media. No everyone has the acuity of vision necessary to discern exactly which broach HM is featuring just from a press photo.

Nicholas Scheuer
07-17-2018, 04:05 PM
I stand corrected, John. "Brooch" it is. Broaches are what they use to cut the keyways in our prop shafts and props, crank arms, etc.

john welsford
07-17-2018, 04:05 PM
When one plays in the circles of presidents and queens, one must be aware that every detail will be scrutinized. It is best to understand this, and be just as punctilious, or be made to look the fool. The Queen knows this, and plays accordingly. Mr. Trump has enough money on his own to pay for, and as President he has (or should have) a staff to do the research to be aware of such things.

Bottom line is, he got bitch-slapped and didn't even realize that it was that sweet little old lady that was doing the slapping.

Not so long ago, she was hosting a top ruler from Saudi Arabia, where at that time the issue of their women not being allowed to drive cars was a hot topic. She loaded him into her Land Rover and took him for a tour of the estate at Balmoral, rough unformed roads, steep and winding in the Scottish hills. She was driving. That sent a message that did not have to have any words spoken.
Women in Saudi Arabia are now allowed to get licences and drive.

John Welsford

john welsford
07-17-2018, 04:11 PM
I stand corrected, John. "Brooch" it is. Broaches are what they use to cut the keyways in our prop shafts and props, crank arms, etc.

Yup, I've got several sizes, use them in my mill by locking the head and using the table rise to push the broach through the work. Unconventional but I don't have the proper machine.

Broach / brooch is a common error, another one of those "homophones" that spellchecker doesn't pick up. I hate spellchecker with passion.

John Welsford

AlanMc
07-17-2018, 04:11 PM
ah, brooch it is (jewelry aint my thang)

robm
07-17-2018, 04:19 PM
There might be a few people around who would like to see Mr T broached. In either of its meanings.

It also mean to tap into something new, such as a keg, or a topic of conversation.