PDA

View Full Version : What concerns me more than Trump

John Smith
07-15-2018, 12:07 PM
The Republican Party has supported him without question.

He nominated a lot of unqualified people to cabinet positions, but THEY confirmed them.

There were not two GOP senators with enough integrity to refuse to confirm anyone to a stolen Supreme Court seat.

They hold meetings to make laws without inviting anyone from the other party.

There was a bi-partisan immigration bill that would have passed, but Boehner wouldn't let it have a vote.

When Obama was being sworn in, the GOP was developing as their strategy to block anything he tried to do. 438 filibusters, I believe.

All the attention Trump is getting is a distraction from the rest of the GOP

Nicholas Scheuer
07-15-2018, 12:10 PM
You've certainly got a point, John.

Tom Montgomery
07-15-2018, 12:11 PM
As Gerarddm's signature line states: Next election, vote against EVERY Republican, for EVERY office, at EVERY level. Make Lincoln great again.

webishop14
07-15-2018, 01:04 PM
Collectively, they suffer from a perceived victimization, of being marginalized unfairly. More than a decade ago they realized that they were unable to win anything like a majority at any level of government if they were willing to settle for a fair, democratic election. Thus, the cries of voter fraud (a dog whistle excuse for exclusive voter registration rules), the need for gerrymandering (yes, the Dems do the same), reducing the number of poling stations and/or the sudden deployment of road repair crews to produce impossible detours around what poling stations that might remain. They'd love to be able to instate a modified form of the 3/5 rule, where it would apply to anyone not voting Republican.

Coming from this GOP "Normal," it's not surprising that the GOP collectively is totally committed to winning at any cost, regardless the cost. They simply MUST retain power. The destruction of the institutions of Republican Democracy is considered acceptable collateral damage because in the end, they'll be the ones calling the shots once the dust has settled.

Osborne Russell
07-15-2018, 01:19 PM
. . . the GOP collectively is totally committed to winning at any cost, regardless the cost. They simply MUST retain power. The destruction of the institutions of Republican Democracy is considered acceptable collateral damage because in the end, they'll be the ones calling the shots once the dust has settled.

None dare call it treason, except Oznabrag and I.

Garret
07-15-2018, 03:46 PM

What am I? Chopped Liver? :) I've been saying since well before the election & have been castigated for it.

John Smith
07-15-2018, 05:36 PM
What am I? Chopped Liver? :) I've been saying since well before the election & have been castigated for it.

And I've been asking as to when that line is crossed.

skuthorp
07-15-2018, 05:52 PM
……...cue several million dollars in lawyers fees just to determine when an 'enemy' is an enemy, and when 'treason' is treason.
And don't expect much clarification from Government, Congress or, ultimately, the totally political USSC.

Gerarddm
07-15-2018, 06:19 PM
What concerns me even more are the voters who vote for those miserable creatures.

See my signature.

webishop14
07-15-2018, 06:35 PM

Oh, I don't think your club is so exclusive.

Osborne Russell
07-16-2018, 02:37 PM

Easy to join the Big T Word Posse, all you have to do is say it!

oznabrag
07-16-2018, 02:43 PM
……...cue several million dollars in lawyers fees just to determine when an 'enemy' is an enemy, and when 'treason' is treason.
And don't expect much clarification from Government, Congress or, ultimately, the totally political USSC.

Whassamatta, Jeff, don't have your own government to trash?

oznabrag
07-16-2018, 02:46 PM

Chopped liver?

Not at all, Garret!

It isn't, it's a huge tent.

Room for everybody!

Well, except those who believe in the Mendacious Messiah.

Osborne Russell
07-16-2018, 02:47 PM

Which line? The legal definition is quite narrow.

Durnik
07-16-2018, 02:47 PM
Come on Oz. RE: Jeff, everything - esp the horrendous - that happens in or to the U.S. directly affects every other country in the world.

And __it just happened.

oznabrag
07-16-2018, 03:02 PM
Come on Oz. RE: Jeff, everything - esp the horrendous - that happens in or to the U.S. directly affects every other country in the world.

And __it just happened.

I'm just tired of it.

Osborne Russell
07-16-2018, 03:07 PM
John Stormer died just a week ago.:D

Who's that?

oznabrag
07-16-2018, 03:14 PM
Who's that?

None Dare Call It Treason (https://www.google.com/search?q=John+Stormer&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-1)

skuthorp
07-16-2018, 03:58 PM
Whassamatta, Jeff, don't have your own government to trash?
Our lickspittle lot are in lockstep with whatever the US does under whatever admin you manage to elect ozna. Your business in this is our business.

Tom Montgomery
07-16-2018, 04:18 PM
Easy to join the Big T Word Posse, all you have to do is say it!
Traitorous?

John of Phoenix
07-16-2018, 04:27 PM
Traitor. Thick. Toad. Thief. Turncoat.

Have at it.

Jim Mahan
07-16-2018, 05:01 PM
Mr. Chopped Liver, meet Mr. None Dare.