PDA

View Full Version : The Holding Tank... a place for all the political BS floating about in the Bilge

Daniel Noyes
07-05-2018, 07:36 PM
MMD's proposal for a Bilge subsidiary forum is genius... totally stable too, unless there's a swell running.

Paul Pless
07-05-2018, 07:54 PM
place for all the political BS floating about in the BilgeSo, Republicans, tea baggers, Trumpistas, fundies, conservatives, and libertarians will post their lies to the holding tank, and leave the bilge to the more mature and honest members of society; is that what you're suggesting?

Arizona Bay
07-05-2018, 08:00 PM
So, Republicans, tea baggers, Trumpistas, fundies, conservatives, and libertarians will post their lies to the holding tank, and leave the bilge to the more mature and honest members of society; is that what you're suggesting?

I'm good with that.

Paul Pless
07-05-2018, 08:04 PM
I'm good with that.we should have a truthiness panel, i nominate john smith to head it up :D

Barry
07-05-2018, 08:23 PM
So basically it's a just place for D. Noyes to post. A sort of "Gated" bilge thread. That works.
Not quite as good as the "Village Idiot from Oregon's" thread, where he could make a post and then lock the thread; but have at it.

Daniel Noyes
07-05-2018, 08:23 PM
So, Republicans, tea baggers, Trumpistas, fundies, conservatives, and libertarians will post their lies to the holding tank, and leave the bilge to the more mature and honest members of society; is that what you're suggesting?

if it's political it is politely and discretely deposited in the Holding Tank... where it belongs.

Daniel Noyes
07-05-2018, 08:27 PM
All three Scott Pruitt threads... Gone

US Politics Thread... see Ya!

"It must be destroyed, before it can be rebuilt" ...FLUSH!!!

Steele dossier legal issues... Circling the drain

CNN , trump winning. ...Sorry Bobbys, and don't forget to put the seat down!

Dave Hadfield
07-05-2018, 09:25 PM
I never read any Trump threads.

I'd be happy if they were flushed somewhere.

gypsie
07-05-2018, 10:46 PM
Mature and honest?.
You mean the simpletons that shout nazi and criminal as lies?

Lest we forget and start believing the double think.

Daniel Noyes
07-06-2018, 07:04 AM

wouldn't we all!

the best part is no need to read Trump Thread titles!

nothing like...

Trump SOOO DUMB he will never win Primaries

or

Huff Po vows to stop covering Trump in their political section

or

Trump so DUMB he can never hope to win a state like Florida from the Smart Dems

or

Trump so Dumb he could never win the election

or

Trump so Dumb he will start Nuke War with Korea

or

Trump so Dumb he will never win Trade War with Canada and Mexico

or

Trump so Dumb he will never win Nobel Peace Prize!

or...

good call Dave! NO MORE TRUMP THREADS!

Bob Adams
07-06-2018, 07:16 AM

Amen Brother.

Daniel Noyes
07-06-2018, 07:33 AM
Amen Brother.

+1.

Daniel Noyes
07-06-2018, 07:46 AM
oops! I contributed and then forgot to take care of business, if it's yellow let it mellow...

This Thread belongs in a Marine Head...
HOLDING TANK!

https://tse3.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.ORJwoUrPVsMZkCziM-dejAHaHa&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300

FLUSH

oznabrag
07-06-2018, 08:49 AM
oops! I contributed and then forgot to take care of business, if it's yellow let it mellow...

This Thread belongs in a Marine Head...
HOLDING TANK!

https://tse3.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.ORJwoUrPVsMZkCziM-dejAHaHa&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300

FLUSH

https://media.giphy.com/media/IZcjxKQNbOOly/giphy.gif

BrianW
07-06-2018, 11:42 AM
Scot has turned down the idea multiple times.

Fact is, the usual posters wouldn’t stick to posting in a sub-forum because they wouldn’t get the attention they want. It’s pretty much a love fest in every political thread, with the same folks patting each other on the back, trying to ‘one up’ the last guys comment.

I like to throw a wrench into the works once in awhile. Because often there is another side to the story. That’s always gets some good replies. ;)

amish rob
07-06-2018, 11:44 AM
I made a duck punt.

Peace,
Robert

Daniel Noyes
07-06-2018, 11:47 AM
I made a duck punt.

Peace,
Robert

Bilge+ material here, small boat pron at the least... good on ya Amish!

amish rob
07-06-2018, 11:52 AM
Bilge+ material here, small boat pron at the least... good on ya Amish!

Hahaha.

It’s been on the SBP thread. And the build thread upstairs. I’m pretty sure there’s a big stripey boat on the build thread, too...

Also, the irony, Sir, was in posting “Bilge worthy” material on your politics thread, but the humor sort of dies if it needs to be explained.

Peace,
Robert

Paul Pless
07-06-2018, 11:52 AM
Fact is, the usual posters wouldn’t stick to posting in a sub-forum because they wouldn’t get the attention they want.

its exceedingly rare for regular bilge contributors to take politics topside. . .

all it would take would be a lightning bolt from god or a smiting from scot to set things right

David G
07-06-2018, 12:05 PM
its exceedingly rare for regular bilge contributors to take politics topside. . .

all it would take would be a lightning bolt from god or a smiting from scot to set things right

I don't think that's what Brian was intimating.

AND... as he said... despite some folks ahistorical cluelessness... Scot has nixed the idea already.

But Brian... YOU have posted on political threads? I must have mi... errr, I mean... I'm sure you had something pithy to say. <G>

OK... seriously... it is always good to get 'the rest of the story' if there is one.

Canoeyawl
07-06-2018, 12:12 PM
Daniel could start his own forum... just sayin'

beernd
07-06-2018, 01:56 PM
wouldn't we all!

the best part is no need to read Trump Thread titles!

nothing like...

Trump SOOO DUMB he will never win Primaries

or

Huff Po vows to stop covering Trump in their political section

or

Trump so DUMB he can never hope to win a state like Florida from the Smart Dems

or

Trump so Dumb he could never win the election

or

Trump so Dumb he will start Nuke War with Korea

or

Trump so Dumb he will never win Trade War with Canada and Mexico

or

Trump so Dumb he will never win Nobel Peace Prize!

or...

good call Dave! NO MORE TRUMP THREADS!

tRump so dumb that hedgefunds, soybean farmars, ginseng farmers, dairy farmers. and big corporations are now his best enemies

David W Pratt
07-06-2018, 02:32 PM
I don't think I can type in a HazMat suit

Daniel Noyes
07-06-2018, 04:26 PM
tRump so dumb that hedgefunds, soybean farmars, ginseng farmers, dairy farmers. and big corporations are now his best enemies

so the enemies of the American Working Class are against Trumpy! Was anyone under any delusions that the Wealthiest One Percent Free Traders were going to be Trumpys biggest fans when he puts in place policies to benefit working stiffs?

P.S.

FLUSH

FLUSH

S.V. Airlie
07-06-2018, 04:28 PM
so the enemies of the American Working Class are against Trumpy! Was anyone under any delusions that the Wealthiest One Percent Free Traders were going to be Trumpys biggest fans?Putin, 1% of the population and corporations are Trump's biggest fans except for the ignorant folk who support him even while he's screwing them.

Daniel Noyes
07-06-2018, 04:30 PM
Putin, 1% of the population and corporations are Trump's biggest fans except for the ignorant folk who support him even while he's screwing them.

FLUSH

S.V. Airlie
07-06-2018, 04:34 PM
That's the head, the holding tank is a separate piece attached to it. The leg bone is attached to the thigh bone, the thigh bone is attached to the hip bone. Understand how it works now?. DUH. It's shaped like a tank. Hope this helps you to actually identify what you're babbling about Noisey.

Daniel Noyes
07-06-2018, 04:40 PM
That's the head, the holding tank is a separate piece attached to it. The leg bone is attached to the thigh bone, the thigh bone is attached to the hip bone. Understand how it works now?. DUH. It's shaped like a tank. Hope this helps you to actually identify what you're babbling about Noisey.

this can stay, it's not political drivel... it's even boat related!

S.V. Airlie
07-06-2018, 04:45 PM
this can stay, it's not political drivel... it's even boat related!Aw, gee thanks Your Highness as if I have to ask you for permission.I just thought you should know what a holding tank was, it's not the toilet in the head. You seemed to be more confused than usual.

beernd
07-08-2018, 01:35 PM
so the enemies of the American Working Class are against Trumpy! Was anyone under any delusions that the Wealthiest One Percent Free Traders were going to be Trumpys biggest fans when he puts in place policies to benefit working stiffs?

P.S.

FLUSH

FLUSH

Trump is turning his staunched supporters in to his enemies, and losing the support of his biggest donors.

That is as clearly as I can explain it.

The GOP is toast