PDA

View Full Version : Attacking planned parenthood again

John Smith
05-18-2018, 09:44 AM
I see a report this AM that the Trump administration is going to stop all federal funding that goes to any facility that performs abortions.

This will make it tougher to get contraception and lead to more back alley abortions, and more kids to parents who don't want and can't afford them.

Making America great again.

Why don't they simply make it illegal to get pregnant or to impregnate, outside of marriage?

S.V. Airlie
05-18-2018, 09:49 AM
And any doctor that refers a client to an abortion clinic. The far right is feeling the power that Trump has given them.

I expect thousands of adoptions resulting from where the right is heading. Oh wait, they are more concerned about the time frame; conception to birth than they are about what happens afterward.

LeeG
05-18-2018, 10:20 AM
The geriatric playboy panders to his dwindling base.

ccmanuals
05-18-2018, 10:23 AM
What many folks don't understand is that PP does NOT receive any direct funding from the Federal Gov't.

They only ask for reimbursements for non abortion tests and treatments under existing gov't programs.

S.V. Airlie
05-18-2018, 10:26 AM
Very few evidently. This law has cast a bigger net to include doctor's referrals

Ian McColgin
05-18-2018, 10:27 AM
I am old enough to have lost one friend to an illegal abortion. Several other women of my aquaintence were permanently injured. I get that the anti-abortion crowd are passionate that the destruction of a zygote is murder but I am shocked that they do not acknowledge their attempts to outlaw abortion - in this case outlaw indirectly by simple hassel - has a murderous intended consequence.

S.V. Airlie
05-18-2018, 10:31 AM
I am old enough to have lost one friend to an illegal abortion. Several other women of my aquaintence were permanently injured. I get that the anti-abortion crowd are passionate that the destruction of a zygote is murder but I am shocked that they do not acknowledge their attempts to outlaw abortion - in this case outlaw indirectly by simple hassel - has a murderous intended consequence.I just want to know what the anti-abortionist crowd is going to do with those little bundles of joy? Adopt? Increase the welfare allotments, put them in orphanages, have their grandparents raise them, what?

John Smith
05-18-2018, 03:16 PM
What many folks don't understand is that PP does NOT receive any direct funding from the Federal Gov't.

They only ask for reimbursements for non abortion tests and treatments under existing gov't programs.

I think that's on PP for doing a poor job of explaining.

John Smith
05-18-2018, 03:25 PM
If they think making abortion illegal will make it stop happening, maybe we should make drugs, murder, etc. illegal.

This is the dumbest country in the world. We learned nothing from prohibition.

I'm still wondering when they will put more responsibility on the man. We have countless kids born to women by different men, and born to men by different women, all of whom are absolutely not able to support the children they create. And the GOP is hesitant to help.

This only makes sense when one realizes they want to punish the woman for behavior they don't approve of. When do they punish the men?

Maybe I can get some support now for the idea that the man who impregnates a woman outside of marriage has NO claim to the child, but still has to pay support.

The present system is the father walks away. If the mom seeks child support, father gets a lawyer and fights for custody he doesn't really want.

Under my system, 7% of his pay would be deducted by the government, no matter where he works, and the government would help mom raise the child. If he has two kids, that's 14%.

In order to fight this, he'd have to PROVE the mom is less fit than he is to raise a child.

I'd also be happy if my tax dollars paid for the vasectomy, or the abortion. Either way, it's less of my tax dollars than raising an unwanted child.

And it does impact society. More children means more school space is needed, and more teachers. Or class sizes get so big no one learns.

I really don't understand why anyone with the biological parts can have a child when we have age limits, training, tests, etc. for most everything else.

This kind of gets back to the question I asked earlier: Is it not my business if someone on welfare has more children WHILE they are on welfare?

mmd
05-18-2018, 03:32 PM
This is the Republicans, the party of personal freedom, right?

skuthorp
05-18-2018, 05:26 PM
The anti abortion crowd don't seem to mind if the resulting children get shot in school…………………...

Jim Bow
05-19-2018, 12:09 AM
Explaining to whom? It's common knowledge, especially to the folks who wrote the rules.

LeeG
05-19-2018, 04:25 AM

Nope, when clinics and patients are subject to harrassment and characterized as murderers there is no explaining.

LeeG
05-19-2018, 04:28 AM
This is the Republicans, the party of personal freedom, right?

Live and let live ethos diminished as Christian Right came in with Reagan.