PDA

View Full Version : Quotes

Ed Harrow
04-20-2018, 08:27 PM
So, doing some reading to get ammunition for a ‘discussion’ with the town regarding plans for adding bike lanes, ooops, ‘separated’ bike lanes (they are extra special), I came across this quote, and thought it fitting for contemplation.

"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
Albert Einstein.

Doing some reading for something else that I can’t remember, I read this:

“Needless to say, when someone is this convinced of their own brilliance, they can be unaware of just how far afield they have drifted from the world of sense and reason.” Nathan J Robinson

I’ve tried to steer clear of both, but question my success.

David G
04-20-2018, 09:39 PM
So, doing some reading to get ammunition for a ‘discussion’ with the town regarding plans for adding bike lanes, ooops, ‘separated’ bike lanes (they are extra special), I came across this quote, and thought it fitting for contemplation.

"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
Albert Einstein.

Doing some reading for something else that I can’t remember, I read this:

“Needless to say, when someone is this convinced of their own brilliance, they can be unaware of just how far afield they have drifted from the world of sense and reason.” Nathan J Robinson

I’ve tried to steer clear of both, but question my success.

I would rephrase that Einstein message thusly -- "The world is a dangerous place to live, not just because of the people who are evil, but also - and perhaps especially - because of the people who do nothing about it... and sometimes even enable it"

But it's certainly true no matter which version you prefer.

I'm not feeling the second quote, but it's probably true. Have you been rereading 'Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance'?? <G>