PDA

View Full Version : Decriminalization of Marijuana

StevenBauer
04-20-2018, 08:13 AM
Schumer is introducing a bill today - 4/20 :D

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2018/04/schumer-will-unveil-marijuana-decriminalization-bill-on-4-20.html?

Canoez
04-20-2018, 08:43 AM
Will they attach a rider to the bill allowing for deduction of Doritos as a medical expense?

StevenBauer
04-20-2018, 08:48 AM
Will they attach a rider to the bill allowing for deduction of Doritos as a medical expense?

One can hope...

delecta
04-20-2018, 09:03 AM
Cocaine is a much better drug, when can we get some of that legally?

John Smith
04-20-2018, 09:20 AM
I hope this becomes law. I don't smoke or drink. Never did.

I've had friends however who smoked pot and who drank.

Those who smoked marijuana tended to mellow out, sit in a corner, and such. Those who drank wanted to beat up the world.

Ian McColgin
04-20-2018, 09:29 AM
At a Lower Cape hearing on marijuana store licensing and locating, one citizen pointed out that he'd been buying marijuana for years without having to pay sales tax and he did not intend to start now. He had a point. Some states appear to be having trouble hitting the balance of taxing enough to provide appropriate regulation but not so much as to drive the price so high that it reinvigorates the illegal market. If the state and towns get too greedy, the legal pot shops won't be able to compete with the free enterprize "outlaws".

ishmael
04-20-2018, 09:35 AM
A tough fricken nut. Drugs, of any sort, are at times a scourge. Yet legal or illegal, people will seek them out. Because...they make you feel good.

It would be an imperfect solution to an ongoing difficult problem, but let's try legalizing all mind altering substances, tax them, and use the proceeds for treatment programs for those in trouble.

Prohibition has never worked. It only fosters corruption on both ends of the pipeline, producer to consumer.

And, ultimately, what right has the government to tell you what you can and can't put in your body?

Canoeyawl
04-20-2018, 10:00 AM
And, ultimately, what right has the government to tell you what you can and can't put in your body?

"The government" just does what it is told.
If you elect whack-jobs you will get bad government.

Osborne Russell
04-20-2018, 10:17 AM
People think Prohibition caused crime. Big city mobsters. Al Capone. Ha!

The United States government said Operation Just Cause, which began on December 20, 1989, was "necessary to safeguard the lives of U.S. citizens in Panama, defend democracy and human rights, combat drug trafficking, and secure the neutrality of the Panama Canal as required by the Torrijos–Carter Treaties" (New York Times, A Transcript of President Bush's Address n.p.). Human Rights Watch wrote in its 1989 report: "Washington turned a blind eye to abuses in Panama for many years until concern over drug trafficking prompted indictments of the general [Noriega] by two grand juries in Florida in February 1988".

-- wikipedia

Breakaway
05-10-2018, 09:52 AM
At a Lower Cape hearing on marijuana store licensing and locating, one citizen pointed out that he'd been buying marijuana for years without having to pay sales tax and he did not intend to start now. He had a point. Some states appear to be having trouble hitting the balance of taxing enough to provide appropriate regulation but not so much as to drive the price so high that it reinvigorates the illegal market. If the state and towns get too greedy, the legal pot shops won't be able to compete with the free enterprize "outlaws".

Case in point: California misses its revenue target for taxable Marijuana sales by a country mile. The reason? Competition with the black market.

http://www.capradio.org/articles/2018/05/08/california-has-slow-start-to-marijuana-tax-collections/

Kevin

CWSmith
05-10-2018, 09:59 AM
As a nonsmoker who has absolutely no interest in pot in any form, I think it's long overdue that we legalize it.

I will admit that when I was in school I used to watch the pot smokers at parties sit in the corner and giggle over nothing. I always felt they had little to contribute. However, as drug use goes, it's about as benign as it gets.

That said, we really do need to have an efficient way to test for put use when drivers are pulled over for intoxication. They should no more be allowed to drive high than a drunk should drive drunk.

CWSmith
05-10-2018, 10:01 AM
At a Lower Cape hearing on marijuana store licensing and locating, one citizen pointed out that he'd been buying marijuana for years without having to pay sales tax and he did not intend to start now.

Then arrest him for not paying his taxes. Why should we be sympathetic to someone who broke the law for years and now wants to continue breaking the law rather than contribute to society? At the least, pot stores will put an added burden on our police force (break ins a pot stores and driving stoned) and that needs to be compensated.

SKIP KILPATRICK
05-10-2018, 10:08 AM
we really do need to have an efficient way to test for put use when drivers are pulled over for intoxication.

I agree they shouldn't be behind the wheel!

A good test to start with is ..... how far below the speed limit were they driving?

Anything less than 10mph below the speed limit is a dead give away! No one else in the U.S. drives that slow.

AlanMc
05-10-2018, 10:10 AM

A good test to start with is ..... how far below the speed limit were they driving?

Anything less than 10mph below the speed limit is a head give away! No one else in the U.S. drives that slow.

hahahahahha

i will say, i don't drive well when stoned. but i also rarely touch the stuff. i think the regular smokers are pretty much fine to operate things.

CWSmith
05-10-2018, 10:13 AM

Anything less than 10mph below the speed limit is a dead give away! No one else in the U.S. drives that slow.

:) Good one.

Canoez
05-10-2018, 10:14 AM

Haven't been behind my old man recently, have you? ;)

CWSmith
05-10-2018, 10:18 AM

Why? Does he smoke pot, too? :)

SKIP KILPATRICK
05-10-2018, 10:19 AM

What's he smoking? Old people have the best grass! :d

Canoez
05-10-2018, 10:32 AM
He doesn't smoke or drink anything fun... Perhaps at 87 he should!

mmd
05-10-2018, 10:43 AM
https://pointsadhsblog.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/queen-victorian-norml.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/15/dc/99/15dc992c3a0c06e6443b282c3e7e75b1.jpg

https://thumbs.mic.com/M2U5OTJlODM0ZCMvUnJqU0J3UmYyXzFZemlGZ3RPdlBFSThVWV dzPS8weDc0Ojg0MHg2MDQvZml0LWluLzc2MHgwL2ZpbHRlcnM6 cXVhbGl0eSg3MCk6bm9fdXBzY2FsZSgpOmZvcm1hdChqcGVnKS 9odHRwOi8vczMuYW1hem9uYXdzLmNvbS9wb2xpY3ltaWMtaW1h Z2VzLzVkNmI4Z2hoZnZvZHVjamp6YmppeGFvY3hpcndoZGJlbm FyM2RsZXRjeGFyZ2U3a3ByYndkNXh0cWx1ZW1ibW0uanBn.jpg

Canoeyawl
05-10-2018, 10:49 AM
That said, we really do need to have an efficient way to test for put use when drivers are pulled over for intoxication. They should no more be allowed to drive high than a drunk should drive drunk.

If they can walk a straight line, stand on one foot whistling dixie, perform the rest of the circus act and there is no instant test that can detect it, what exactly is the problem?

ron ll
05-10-2018, 10:51 AM
I saw that Eugene Oregon was considering a zoning law to require more than 1000' between marijuana stores. Kind of makes you go, hmmmmmmmm.

delecta
05-10-2018, 10:52 AM
I love stoned people, they eat Doritos and stay home on election day......unless there is a promise of free tacos and then they are a politicians best friend.

CWSmith
05-10-2018, 10:57 AM
If they can walk a straight line, stand on one foot whistling dixie, perform the rest of the circus act and there is no instant test that can detect it, what exactly is the problem?

None of that is admissible in court for alcohol, pot or anything else.

leikec
05-10-2018, 10:57 AM
There's nothing more disgusting then having someone who reeks of pot get near and start talking. Had a lady come into the store last week who smelled so bad that her odor was making our customers gag for 15 minutes after she left.

Jeff C

AlanMc
05-10-2018, 10:59 AM
i went to a dr appt once and there was some millennial loser in there that was driven by her parents... she smelled like a weed dispensary on fire. so dang gross.

John of Phoenix
05-10-2018, 11:01 AM
If they can walk a straight line, stand on one foot whistling dixie, perform the rest of the circus act and there is no instant test that can detect it, what exactly is the problem?Even more simple, resist a bag of Doritos.

mmd
05-10-2018, 11:12 AM
"There's nothing more disgusting then having someone who reeks of pot get near and start talking."

"...smelled like a weed dispensary on fire. so dang gross."

Sorta like the stench that rolls off cigar smokers or bourbon drinkers, eh? And what's with trying to talk with a stogie the size and scent of a big dog turd stuck in the mouth? Let's not even talk about trying to comprehend someone trying to speak while belching and slurring from their beer intake, eh?

Damned druggies, all of 'em...

CWSmith
05-10-2018, 11:16 AM
"There's nothing more disgusting then having someone who reeks of pot get near and start talking."

Sorta like the stench that rolls off cigar smokers or bourbon drinkers, eh? And what's with trying to talk with a stogie the size and scent of a big dog turd stuck in the mouth? Let's not even talk about trying to comprehend someone trying to speak while belching and slurring from their beer intake, eh?

I must admit that no stench is more offensive to me than a cigarette. If it were not for the "cool factor" I can't imagine anyone taking it up. Pot is marginally less disgusting. Cigars and pipes are actually far more acceptable to me, although I don't smoke either.

AlanMc
05-10-2018, 11:18 AM

i agree with that stinky dog turd cigar smoke. i don't mind a smell of something or another. i've been in rooms with people smoking weed and it doesn't bother me. this girl REEKED so bad it was offensive. i didn't even know it was possible to reek that bad of weed stench.

Arizona Bay
05-10-2018, 11:19 AM
"Live it, or Live with it" somebody said that.

I doubt if 'panic' is the correct word...

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2018/may/09/how-oregon-grew-too-much-marijuana-to-sell

Oregon farmers have grown three times what their customers can smoke in a year, causing bud prices to plummet and panic to set in

Wed 9 May 2018 06.00 Est
Comments (https://www.theguardian.com/society/2018/may/09/how-oregon-grew-too-much-marijuana-to-sell#comments)

577 (https://www.theguardian.com/society/2018/may/09/how-oregon-grew-too-much-marijuana-to-sell#comments)
‘People losing their life’s savings are unable to declare bankruptcy because marijuana is still a federally scheduled narcotic.’ Photograph: Henry CromettArecent Sunday afternoon at the Bridge City Collective (http://bridgecitycollective.com/) cannabis shop in north Portland saw a steady flow of customers.
Little wonder: a gram of weed was selling for less than the price of a glass of wine.
The $4 and $5 grams enticed Scotty Saunders, a 24-year-old sporting a gray hoodie, to spend $88 picking out new products to try with a friend. “We’ve definitely seen a huge drop in prices,” he says

Across the wood and glass counter, Bridge City owner David Alport was less delighted. He says he’s never sold marijuana this cheap before.
“We have standard grams on the shelf at $4,” Alport says. “Before, we didn’t see a gram below $8.”
The scene at Bridge City Collective is playing out across the city and state. Three years into Oregon’s era of recreational cannabis, the state is inundated with legal weed (https://www.theguardian.com/society/2018/apr/20/oregon-too-much-weed-oversupply-what-happened-420).

delecta
05-10-2018, 11:20 AM
People are just animals, avoid any direct interaction at all costs. Conversing on the internet is safe, other then that just be safe and say no to contact. :)

AlanMc
05-10-2018, 11:54 AM
supply and demand in action. i see no problem with this.

leikec
05-10-2018, 12:00 PM

Hey, have a litttle respect for your fellow humans. Taking your logic to the extreme would put us back to the point where people hardly ever bathe--good perhaps for avoiding mosquito bites, but not so great for a 21st century civilized society.

We get people in the store who reek of bourbon, or other liquor, and some people stink to high heaven from heavy smoking. Do whatever you want in your house or on your property, but in public people should have some regard for others.

Jeff C

mmd
05-10-2018, 12:06 PM
Back at ya, Jeff... have respect for others' foibles.

Ted Hoppe
05-10-2018, 12:06 PM
When will selling weed at the PX start? That's when we know it is truly legal.

cathouse willy
05-10-2018, 01:01 PM
I use pot as a pain med for a badly arthritic back. Smoking is just too hard on my lungs so I make a butter extract and eat it on a cracker,no smell. I buy "feminized" seed and grow under led lights,300 watts of leds will cover an area 3'x3',enough for 3 to 4 plants, low power use and no heat from the lamps.Two crops a year meet my needs,cost.... about $150 a year. Legalization? Bring it on!! it will free up police and legal system resources to target the really dangerous drugs.

Lew Barrett
05-10-2018, 02:16 PM
hahahahahha

i will say, i don't drive well when stoned. but i also rarely touch the stuff. i think the regular smokers are pretty much fine to operate things.

I'm not so sure about that. I rather doubt weed is good for coordination and motor function by any reasonable metric but it is good for other things.

You go, Chuck and here's hoping enough people in Congress have the courage and good sense to explore the issue honestly. It's definitely good to see the introduction of this legislation, and by a Democrat into the bargain. Everyone's been so hypocritical about this for so long that it's past time to get 'er done.

Chris Smith porter maine
05-10-2018, 03:54 PM
I use pot as a pain med for a badly arthritic back. Smoking is just too hard on my lungs so I make a butter extract and eat it on a cracker,no smell. I buy "feminized" seed and grow under led lights,300 watts of leds will cover an area 3'x3',enough for 3 to 4 plants, low power use and no heat from the lamps.Two crops a year meet my needs,cost.... about $150 a year. Legalization? Bring it on!! it will free up police and legal system resources to target the really dangerous drugs.

Have you tried the automatics, I grew some plants last year for a neighbor with cancer it's legal here it was actually very fun to grow I started inside and put the plants out, I should have killed the plants sooner as there was some bud rott all and all he was very happy.

cathouse willy
05-10-2018, 05:09 PM
"Have you tried the automatics"

Chris, I'm not sure what an automatic is.My indoor setup works really well as is,the seeds so far have produced all female plants and germinate easily.The price is $70 for 10 seeds but I've never gotten less than 20 seeds in my orders.

Daniel Noyes
05-10-2018, 05:15 PM

a Non Issue.

you think the DEA is tough... Try the IRS!

Norman Bernstein
05-10-2018, 07:41 PM
http://forum.woodenboat.com/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by AlanMchttp://forum.woodenboat.com/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://forum.woodenboat.com/showthread.php?p=5557732#post5557732)hahahahahha

I drove a taxi while in college (early 70's) and was often stoned. My perception may be wrong, but I thought I drove somewhat better while wasted.... slower, and more cautious. Never had an accident.

I gave up the weed in my 20's, because it had begun to give me anxiety attacks. I DO miss it, now and then :)

Ralphie Boy
05-10-2018, 10:17 PM
As I recall tests were done and, unlike alcohol, weed does not degrade coordination and reaction time like alcohol does. Also, alcohol makes you take unnecessary risks. Weed makes you more cautious. That doesn’t mean it’s safe to use while driving, though. It might have other negative effects on the user such as increased risk of distraction. Usually the problem with driving stoned is missing your exit.

Ralphie

wizbang 13
05-10-2018, 11:01 PM
As a nonsmoker who has absolutely no interest in pot in any form, I think it's long overdue that we legalize it.

I will admit that when I was in school I used to watch the pot smokers at parties sit in the corner and giggle over nothing. I always felt they had little to contribute. However, as drug use goes, it's about as benign as it gets.

how do you know how stoned drivers drive?

wizbang 13
05-10-2018, 11:04 PM
what are those dangerous drugs?

cathouse willy
05-11-2018, 12:01 AM
what are those dangerous drugs?

You need to ask? heroin, crystal meth, fentanyl,carfentanil to name just a few.

wizbang 13
05-11-2018, 12:44 AM
What new tack should the gubmint take with all these freed up resources? How much less dangerous do you think these dangerous drugs would become?

skuthorp
05-11-2018, 05:42 AM
I worked in Pubs in ski resorts long before smoking was a no no and drunkenness was de rigeur.
Part of my job at 6 am or so was to take a very deep breath and run round opening all the windows before I suffocated. Tobacco, sweat, booze and vomit……………...

As delecta said, "People are just animals, avoid any direct interaction at all costs.":ycool:

ishmael
05-11-2018, 05:59 AM
There's no question that some of the drugs talked about here are a scourge. They ruin people's lives with rather startling regularity. Especially some of the 'instantly addictive sort' like the coca and poppy derived. It's a conundrum I've not got a settled mind about, except to know what we've been doing hasn't been working very well. Then the question becomes...would something else be better? I don't know, except to say we shouldn't treat simple user/addicts as criminals.

Breakaway
05-11-2018, 07:19 AM
As I recall tests were done and, unlike alcohol, weed does not degrade coordination and reaction time like alcohol does.

Actually, the tests show that...

https://d14rmgtrwzf5a.cloudfront.net/sites/default/files/images/driving.jpg

Marijuana significantly impairs judgment, motor coordination, and reaction time, and studies have found a direct relationship between blood THC concentration and impaired driving ability.7–9 (https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/research-reports/marijuana/references)

https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/research-reports/marijuana/does-marijuana-use-affect-driving

And here are the first 30 of over 100 sources used in the report ( forum post size does not permit posting the entire list).

Timberlake DS. A comparison of drug use and dependence between blunt smokers and other cannabis users. Subst Use Misuse. 2009;44(3):401-415. doi:10.1080/10826080802347651.
Mehmedic Z, Chandra S, Slade D, et al. Potency trends of Δ9-THC and other cannabinoids in confiscated cannabis preparations from 1993 to 2008. J Forensic Sci. 2010;55(5):1209-1217. doi:10.1111/j.1556-4029.2010.01441.x.
Results from the 2015 National Survey on Drug Use and Health: Detailed Tables, SAMHSA, CBHSQ. http://www.samhsa.gov/data/sites/default/files/NSDUH-DetTabs-2015/NSDUH-DetTabs-2015/NSDUH-DetTabs-2015.htm (https://www.samhsa.gov/data/sites/default/files/NSDUH-DetTabs-2015/NSDUH-DetTabs-2015/NSDUH-DetTabs-2015.htm). Accessed October 11, 2016.
Carliner H, Mauro PM, Brown QL, et al. The widening gender gap in marijuana use prevalence in the U.S. during a period of economic change, 2002-2014. Drug Alcohol Depend. 2016;170:51-58. doi:10.1016/j.drugalcdep.2016.10.042.
Johnston L, O’Malley P, Miech R, Bachman J, Schulenberg J. Monitoring the Future National Survey Results on Drug Use: 1975-2016: Overview: Key Findings on Adolescent Drug Use. Ann Arbor, MI: Institute for Social Research, The University of Michigan; 2016.
Center for Behavioral Health Statistics and Quality (CBHSQ). Drug Abuse Warning Network: 2011: Selected Tables of National Estimates of Drug-Related Emergency Department Visits. Rockville, MD: Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration; 2013.
Lenné MG, Dietze PM, Triggs TJ, Walmsley S, Murphy B, Redman JR. The effects of cannabis and alcohol on simulated arterial driving: Influences of driving experience and task demand. Accid Anal Prev. 2010;42(3):859-866. doi:10.1016/j.aap.2009.04.021.
Hartman RL, Huestis MA. Cannabis effects on driving skills. Clin Chem. 2013;59(3):478-492. doi:10.1373/clinchem.2012.194381.
Hartman RL, Brown TL, Milavetz G, et al. Cannabis effects on driving lateral control with and without alcohol. Drug Alcohol Depend. 2015;154:25-37. doi:10.1016/j.drugalcdep.2015.06.015.
Brady JE, Li G. Trends in Alcohol and Other Drugs Detected in Fatally Injured Drivers in the United States, 1999–2010. Am J Epidemiol. January 2014:kwt327. doi:10.1093/aje/kwt327.
Biecheler M-B, Peytavin J-F, Sam Group, Facy F, Martineau H. SAM survey on “drugs and fatal accidents”: search of substances consumed and comparison between drivers involved under the influence of alcohol or cannabis. Traffic Inj Prev. 2008;9(1):11-21. doi:10.1080/15389580701737561.
DRUID Final Report: Work Performed, Main Results and Recommendations. EU DRUID Programme; 2012. http://www.roadsafetyobservatory.com/Evidence/Details/10940.
Elvik R. Risk of road accident associated with the use of drugs: a systematic review and meta-analysis of evidence from epidemiological studies. Accid Anal Prev. 2013;60:254-267. doi:10.1016/j.aap.2012.06.017.
Ramaekers JG, Berghaus G, van Laar M, Drummer OH. Dose related risk of motor vehicle crashes after cannabis use. Drug Alcohol Depend. 2004;73(2):109-119.
Li M-C, Brady JE, DiMaggio CJ, Lusardi AR, Tzong KY, Li G. Marijuana Use and Motor Vehicle Crashes. Epidemiol Rev. 2012;34(1):65-72. doi:10.1093/epirev/mxr017.
Asbridge M, Hayden JA, Cartwright JL. Acute cannabis consumption and motor vehicle collision risk: systematic review of observational studies and meta-analysis. BMJ. 2012;344:e536. doi:10.1136/bmj.e536.
Compton RP, Berning A. Drug and Alcohol Crash Risk. Washington, DC: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration; 2015. DOT HA 812 117.
Hasin DS, Saha TD, Kerridge BT, et al. Prevalence of Marijuana Use Disorders in the United States Between 2001-2002 and 2012-2013. JAMA Psychiatry. 2015;72(12):1235-1242. doi:10.1001/jamapsychiatry.2015.1858.
Winters KC, Lee C-YS. Likelihood of developing an alcohol and cannabis use disorder during youth: Association with recent use and age. Drug Alcohol Depend. 2008;92(1-3):239-247. doi:10.1016/j.drugalcdep.2007.08.005.
Budney AJ, Hughes JR. The cannabis withdrawal syndrome. Curr Opin Psychiatry. 2006;19(3):233-238. doi:10.1097/01.yco.0000218592.00689.e5.
Gorelick DA, Levin KH, Copersino ML, et al. Diagnostic Criteria for Cannabis Withdrawal Syndrome. Drug Alcohol Depend. 2012;123(1-3):141-147. doi:10.1016/j.drugalcdep.2011.11.007.
Rotter A, Bayerlein K, Hansbauer M, et al. CB1 and CB2 receptor expression and promoter methylation in patients with cannabis dependence. Eur Addict Res. 2013;19(1):13-20. doi:10.1159/000338642.
Morgan CJA, Page E, Schaefer C, et al. Cerebrospinal fluid anandamide levels, cannabis use and psychotic-like symptoms. Br J Psychiatry J Ment Sci. 2013;202(5):381-382. doi:10.1192/bjp.bp.112.121178.
Anthony JC, Warner LA, Kessler RC. Comparative epidemiology of dependence on tobacco, alcohol, controlled substances, and inhalants: Basic findings from the National Comorbidity Survey. Exp Clin Psychopharmacol. 1994;2(3):244-268. doi:10.1037/1064-1297.2.3.244.
Lopez-Quintero C, Pérez de los Cobos J, Hasin DS, et al. Probability and predictors of transition from first use to dependence on nicotine, alcohol, cannabis, and cocaine: results of the National Epidemiologic Survey on Alcohol and Related Conditions (NESARC). Drug Alcohol Depend. 2011;115(1-2):120-130. doi:10.1016/j.drugalcdep.2010.11.004.
Anthony JC. The epidemiology of cannabis dependence. In: Roffman RA, Stephens RS, eds. Cannabis Dependence: Its Nature, Consequences and Treatment. Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press; 2006:58-105.
Hall WD, Pacula RL. Cannabis Use and Dependence: Public Health and Public Policy. Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press; 2003.
Center for Behavioral Health Statistics and Quality (CBHSQ). Treatment Episode Data Set (TEDS): 2003-2013. National Admissions to Substance Abuse Treatment Services. Rockville, MD: Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration; 2015. BHSIS Series S-75, HHS Publication No. (SMA) 15-4934.
Office of National Drug Control Policy. National Drug Control Strategy: Data Supplement 2015. https://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/ondcp/policy-and-research/2015_data_supplement_final.pdf. Published 2015. Accessed January 5, 2017.
Freeman TP, Morgan CJA, Hindocha C, Schafer G, Das RK, Curran HV. Just say “know”: how do cannabinoid concentrations influence users’ estimates of cannabis potency and the amount they roll in joints? Addict Abingdon Engl. 2014;109(10):1686-1694. doi:10.1111/add.12634.
van der Pol P, Liebregts N, Brunt T, et al. Cross-sectional and prospective relation of cannabis potency, dosing and smoking behaviour with

Canoeyawl
05-11-2018, 08:04 AM
Government studies...

https://www.civilized.life/assets/Uploads/z5687143.jpg

Lew Barrett
05-11-2018, 09:38 AM
If it's good enough for glaucoma and cancer patients, it's good enough for me.

Canoeyawl
05-11-2018, 09:51 AM
I find it interesting to hear that adult first time users have most of the paranoia symptoms predicted by the propaganda posters...
It is amazing what the brain can convince you of when you are terrified!

https://i.amz.mshcdn.com/rK6tyr360dBiHy4MPfOTl5L2y5E=/http%3A%2F%2Fa.amz.mshcdn.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2016%2F04%2Freefermadness-7.jpg

Canoeyawl
05-11-2018, 09:56 AM
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/3c/55/df/3c55df081608088e13c31ea6431f4278--reefer-madness-bad-girls.jpg

ahp
05-11-2018, 10:43 AM
Marijuana is just another excuse for a "War on...." which we never have won and never will. It keep a lot of people employed.

Canoeyawl
05-11-2018, 01:26 PM
With about the same logic as a border wall...

Lew Barrett
05-11-2018, 04:33 PM
I drove a taxi while in college (early 70's) and was often stoned. My perception may be wrong, but I thought I drove somewhat better while wasted.... slower, and more cautious. Never had an accident.

I gave up the weed in my 20's, because it had begun to give me anxiety attacks. I DO miss it, now and then :)

Try easing back in with one of the hybrids or an indica. If you have concerns, come visit us and I'll have a certified professional (my wife) standing by to talk you down:). First one's free!

bob winter
05-11-2018, 05:56 PM
The feds are about to legalize in Canada but they are going to let the various provinces handle distribution. I don’t know how the other provinces are going to handle distribution but Ontario is going to be cluster...k unless we manage to get rid of the clowns who presently pretend to be running the province. I was never a big fan of weed but I did enjoy the occasional bit of hash. If I decide I want hash (unlikely) I will chaeck to see if my old dealer is still alive. I remember driving from the cottage back to Ottawa once in the middle of the night during a lightning storm after having a few hash joints. Very interesting but don’t think I was unable to drive. Driving drunk and driving stoned are totally different. I avoid driving drunk like the plague. When they trotted the wife to the hospital the other night, I took a taxi to thr hospital. It is a 10 minute drive but I had had a couple drinks and saw no no reason to tempt fate.

Bruce Taylor
05-11-2018, 06:12 PM
Try easing back in with one of the hybrids or an indica. .

Or a 1:1 THC/CBD oral tincture, so you can fine tune the dosage...sneak up on that anxiety threshold, without going over. ;)

skuthorp
05-11-2018, 06:27 PM
I wonder how many of those B grade pics were paid for by the synthetic fabric industry? They certainly bought a of of politicians. But not as many as the gambling, tobacco and alcohol interests.