PDA

View Full Version : LSD and the Kennedy assassination

ishmael
04-19-2018, 07:21 AM
The narrative goes like this: JFK was introduced to LSD by an acolyte of Timothy Leary, Mary Pinchot Meyer. They were lovers. LSD produces a cosmic understanding that transcends political squabbles, and JFK became a liability to the old-guard cold warriors. He 'saw' a different way than war. In some ultimate irony, the CIA introduced LSD to America.

https://youtu.be/kNIkwDgzKuQ

Ms. Meyer died under questionable circumstances.

Offered as another interesting tid bit: JFK's American University speech, shortly before his death. It sounds like the words of man who has turned away from old paradigms.

https://youtu.be/0fkKnfk4k40

I only bring it up because the assassination of the Kennedy brothers was, and remains, such a terrible wound in the American psyche.

CWSmith
04-19-2018, 07:23 AM
O M G

G U L L I B L E

That's what I get for cracking open my ignore list.

Keith Wilson
04-19-2018, 07:26 AM
Lordy, Jack, Whitman and mysticism are fine, but this is WAY past the deep end.

https://werunandride.files.wordpress.com/2015/07/tinfoil-hat-guy.jpg?w=300&h=169

ishmael
04-19-2018, 07:28 AM
"There are none so blind as those who refuse to see."

I've looked at this. I'm not saying anything, except that it fits in some way.

CWSmith
04-19-2018, 07:30 AM
"There are none so blind as those who refuse to see."

I've looked at this. I'm not saying anything, except that it fits in some way.

It is one thing to "see" and another to hallucinate.

The Bigfella
04-19-2018, 07:34 AM
Pffft. He was accidentally shot by a secret service guy from behind - during the panic as the shots were coming in from the book repository.

ishmael
04-19-2018, 07:35 AM
OK, don't look at it! It makes perfect sense to me as a piece of the puzzle of that time. Before you decide, watch the first vid I posted.

Keith Wilson
04-19-2018, 07:47 AM
Life is much, much too short to spend it pondering Kennedy assassination conspiracy theories.

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--vCDIE2sM--/c_scale,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800/hadxp14o1vpdbagqmfnx.jpg

ishmael
04-19-2018, 07:49 AM
Look closer.

Keith Wilson
04-19-2018, 07:51 AM
Look closer.No, thank you.

leikec
04-19-2018, 07:53 AM
https://youtu.be/6Zxy_dScjsM

Once again, for those who need a refresher...

Jeff C

ishmael
04-19-2018, 07:57 AM
Looking more closely at a major pivot-point of the American psyche is a troll!? So sad you see it that way.

Dave Hadfield
04-19-2018, 08:05 AM
Nope, it was Amelia Earhart who did the dirty deed, just before she ran away with Elvis.

CWSmith
04-19-2018, 08:07 AM
Nope, it was Amelia Earhart who did the dirty deed, just before she ran away with Elvis.

...in his spaceship.

The Bigfella
04-19-2018, 08:15 AM
How many Kennedy mistresses had abortions?

ishmael
04-19-2018, 08:23 AM
Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's all a 'conspiracy theory'. A negative epithet that has become the rally call of those who don't want to look at the facts. A way to dismiss, simply and for all time, real looking at matters.

As I type, I'm listening to JFK's American University speech . I commend it to you.

P.S. I guess, like Bogart to Raines in 'Casablanca, when it came to this place's regard for knowledge, "I was misinformed."

Old Dryfoot
04-19-2018, 08:49 AM
Good grief.

S.V. Airlie
04-19-2018, 08:53 AM
Hey Jack, I thought Ted Cruz' father was involved in the assassination. Trump said so and the National Enquirer backed him up.

ishmael
04-19-2018, 08:59 AM
Have you looked at the vid?

S.V. Airlie
04-19-2018, 09:02 AM
Have you looked at the vid?UTube is not a medium I put much faith in especially when it involves politics or conspiracy theories Jack.

JamesCaird
04-19-2018, 09:04 AM
Ted Cruz's father, Rafael, was photographed standing behind L.H. Oswald in New Orleans in summer of 1963. He was some requested backup for Oswald who was handing out leaflets for the Fair Play for Cuba Committee. Oswald had been assaulted a day or so before by some anti-Castro people. Oswald was working on his "Sympathizer" credentials to help him infiltrate into Cuba later as part of a U.S. Government supported (CIA/FBI/INCA) Castro assassination operation.

If you really have an interest in JFK assassination study you should start with James Douglas- "JFK:Why He Died and Why it Matters" Can be downloaded from internet for free. It is not about "Assasination Conspiracies". Cheers/ JC

Osborne Russell
04-19-2018, 09:09 AM
The narrative goes like this . . .

Wow that's a disruptive narrative, but I don't know if I can partner with it going forward. Can someone birth a new one and gift it to us?

Keith Wilson
04-19-2018, 09:34 AM
Wow that's a disruptive narrative, but I don't know if I can partner with it going forward. Can someone birth a new one and gift it to us?:d:d Nice.

Iceboy
04-19-2018, 09:37 AM
Here is a rabbit hole for you Jack.
http://letsrollforums.com/showpost.php?p=238826

Mark is an old friend of mine from way back. Have fun.

Jim....

Joe (SoCal)
04-19-2018, 09:38 AM

I See Belly Lint

ishmael
04-19-2018, 09:55 AM
Jest if you wish.

The death of the Kennedy brothers left a wound. It isn't just a wound for those who remember it, it continues to wound across time.

A third of young people, according to a recent poll, think it's possible the world is flat.

CWSmith
04-19-2018, 10:00 AM
The death of the Kennedy brothers left a wound. It isn't just a wound for those who remember it, it continues to wound across time.

A third of young people, according to a recent poll, think it's possible the world is flat.

Do you see a connection between those two things?

Please, the world is foolish enough. Don't contribute to it.

LeeG
04-19-2018, 10:01 AM
Well Jack, like you said in the troll thread you just want a response, you have a range of topics you offer for that response but the content really doesn’t matter to you. In that spirit I hear you.

John of Phoenix
04-19-2018, 10:18 AM
Jest if you wish.

A third of young people, according to a recent poll, think it's possible the world is flat.So what are you doing about it?

:D LMAO :D

woodpile
04-19-2018, 10:29 AM
The LSD story is far out but Kennedy's connection with Sam Giancana is factual. Kennedy could not win the election without taking Ill. which at the time, and possibly still today, was controlled by the mob, Giancana, they owned the politicians. Joe Kennedy met with Giancana to get his support to win Ill. with Frank Sinatra as a middle man. Kennedy narrowly wins then turns against the mob and has Bobby Kennedy go after them giving them plenty of reason to want the Kennedy's gone. Giancana was also reportedly tied to Jack Ruby. IMHO the Warren commission was a joke, there we're some powerful people out there that had their personal reasons to assassinate the Kennedy's.

webishop14
04-19-2018, 10:32 AM
Well, if we leave aside JFK's assassination, we still have an interesting question regarding Mary Pinchot Meyer. To wit, "On the afternoon of the murder, hours before police had identified the body, CIA official Wistar Janney first placed a call to Meyer’s brother-in-law Ben Bradlee, and then subsequently to Cord Meyer, notifying them both of Meyer’s death." (From the Wikipedia article.)

I can accept that the CIA could have had "ears" in the DC Police Department, and could have received a preliminary heads-up. I can also understand why Janney called Cord Meyer: Meyer was CIA and Mary's ex-husband. Any institution has a built-in inclination to take care of their own. But Bradlee was an outsider, and a player in the DC press. So why was he called? What was the motivation? And why the particular order of the phone calls? That Bradlee was her brother-in-law is not a sufficient explanation.

Interesting in itself.

Canoeyawl
04-19-2018, 10:33 AM
Kennedy was killed by Texas Republicans wanting to gain control of the Vietnam war$$$
There is a connection, look it up...

webishop14
04-19-2018, 10:40 AM
The LSD story is far out but Kennedy's connection with Sam Giancana is factual. Kennedy could not win the election without taking Ill. which at the time, and possibly still today, was controlled by the mob, Giancana, they owned the politicians. Joe Kennedy met with Giancana to get his support to win Ill. with Frank Sinatra as a middle man. Kennedy narrowly wins then turns against the mob and has Bobby Kennedy go after them giving them plenty of reason to want the Kennedy's gone. Giancana was also reportedly tied to Jack Ruby. IMHO the Warren commission was a joke, there we're some powerful people out there that had their personal reasons to assassinate the Kennedy's.

The LSD story does sound like an ego-trip that Leary was on. However, Mary Pinchot Meyer was intimate with JFK, first met him 1936. Several sources have credited her with influencing JFK during the Cuban missile crisis. Because of this, and her marriage to and subsequent divorce from an officer in the CIA it would be understandable that CIA Director James Angleton had her phone tapped. Angleton was, after all, a bit over the top.

Domesticated_Mr. Know It All
04-19-2018, 10:53 AM
https://media1.giphy.com/media/pKfei6r4LUt8I/giphy.gif

Canoeyawl
04-19-2018, 11:11 AM
https://media1.giphy.com/media/pKfei6r4LUt8I/giphy.gif

Don't lick the stamps...

Osborne Russell
04-19-2018, 11:22 AM
The crazy left opened the door for the crazy right. How ironic if that should turn out to be the legacy of the 60's.

Vince Brennan
04-19-2018, 01:45 PM
Jack, these things you see, you are not seeing for yourself. You are seeing the interpretations and (dare I say it) delusions of others that someone (not necessarily the originators, since they've mostly been confined to the "Deep State Home For The Terminally Prescient" and had their crayons confiscated) has compiled into ludicrous and lucrative narratives just for the eddy-fu-kashun of those who think there were three shooters in Dallas, the Moon landings were one of the best CGI (tho' it hadn't yet been invented [but why let little things like facts disturb a good narrative?]) productions ever to come out of Hollywood, That the C.I.A. hired the 9-1-1 pilots and they just got "a little out of hand", and on, and on, and on...

In my mind, you've always been a bit "unusual" in your opinions, but that's using me as centric (which, while it may fit my "weltanschauung" would probably have yours screaming for the exit). Judging from many reply posts to your many and interesting O.P.'s, I am not alone in this opinion.

Continue to peer into your somewhat clouded crystal ball seeking the "absolute truth" of these happenings... we need enquiring minds to keep the rest of us on track and using ur

In short, "I do not think that that word means what you THINK it means" applies beautifully if you substitute "nonsense" for "word in the previous quotation.

ishmael
04-19-2018, 02:24 PM
It might take me awhile to sort through that, Vince. ;) Thanks.

I didn't have a particular agenda when I posted the Leary. Just found it a plausible piece of the puzzle, a way out of the 'rabbit hole'. I don't think it trumps other ideas about that day, but it might just fill in some missing pieces.

Tom Montgomery
04-19-2018, 03:45 PM
"Plausible." Good one. :d

skuthorp
04-19-2018, 04:19 PM
Knowing what the CIA was up to under Reagan, the drug running, the criminality in Sth America, I can actually believe it could even be a likely scenario.

skuthorp
04-19-2018, 05:59 PM
Anyhow, it was just part of the price of freedom, no?

bobbys
04-19-2018, 07:45 PM
Jackie had it going on........

ishmael
04-19-2018, 08:19 PM
OK. I'm going to lay out some facts as best I can.

JFK was schtupping Ms. Meyers, along with just about anything else wearing a skirt.

Ms. Meyers was an acolyte of Tim Leary and had taken LSD under his guidance.

She was married to a upper-mid-level CIA guy, Cord Meyers.

The CIA was, had been for some time, experimenting with LSD as a mind control agent. LSD was not yet illegal, and they knew its 'cosmic' implications; the way it changes a person's relationship with their own psyche and the world.

JFK made a lot of enemies during his short time here. The Kennedy family was beholding to the mob, big time. All the while RFK, as attorney general, was going after the mob hammer and tong. After the Bay of Pigs debacle, JFK fired Dulles, making another powerful enemy in the inner circle of what is now called the 'Deep State'.

Maybe none of this is relevant to the tragedy. Maybe, as some continue to maintain, a lone nut with a five dollar mail-order rifle killed JFK. I don't know, and frankly had put the question behind me until I stumbled across that vid.