PDA

View Full Version : Some of Paul's wrist roblems are from this forum

Ted Hoppe
04-11-2018, 03:37 PM
I am willing to bet he posts on an iPad and iPhone with some keyboards. I wonder what what would happen if he used a keyboard 95 percent of the time. Would there be an improvement.

i find my carpal tunnel and other nerves issues flares when I do too much forum on pad or phone and then work. It takes some build up but the pain lingers. I willing bet others have the same.

Thoughts?

hawkeye54
04-11-2018, 04:21 PM
I am willing to bet he posts on an iPad and iPhone with some keyboards. I wonder what what would happen if he used a keyboard 95 percent of the time. Would there be an improvement.

i find my carpal tunnel and other nerves issues flares when I do too much forum on pad or phone and then work. It takes some build up but the pain lingers. I willing bet others have the same.

Thoughts?

Ted, not sure about Paul's issue with his wrist, but in my case (neurosurgery on elbow last year ) I know that a significant issue with carpal tunnel, and my inability to grip something with my right hand, were caused in large part by my extended (19 years +) typing for 10 hours a day with just my right index finger -- at times I did employ both index fingers for speed. Paul's 'mileage' may vary. . .

Rick

Paul Pless
04-11-2018, 04:22 PM
there is strong hereditary component, my dad suffered greatly from hand pain late in life, to the point where late at night i would see him in tears, and he was a pretty stoic and tough guy

most of the stress on my hands came from using these every day for twenty plus years, playing golf daily probably didn't help

https://brew-culture-s3-backup.s3.amazonaws.com/images/products/2017/04/Garden-Nozzles-N539-Gilmour-Red-NEW-09.jpg

Paul Pless
04-11-2018, 04:27 PM
i should like to note the two carpal tunnel release surgeries that i had done a few years ago have been 100 percent effective

this latest bit i had attended to earlier today is an entirely different and more painful animal, de quervain's tenosynovitis ain't no joke. . .

hawkeye54
04-11-2018, 04:39 PM
i should like to note the two carpal tunnel release surgeries that i had done a few years ago have been 100 percent effective

this latest bit i had attended to earlier today is an entirely different and more painful animal, de quervain's tenosynovitis ain't no joke. . .

Paul, I googled that condition - my issue could not even come close to what you have going on - I hope you have a successful resolution !!!!

Rick

Ted Hoppe
04-11-2018, 04:40 PM

Damn that gotta hurt. hopefully things will look up. repetitive motion injuries are brutal. My rotator cuffs and shoulders hurt from run and gun video production events and I cant take the time off for repairs. I do stretching that helps but need to look to get a proper fix.

I was wondering what platform you use now for this forum. I imagine there may be some relief there.

Paul Pless
04-11-2018, 04:41 PM
I am willing to bet he posts on an iPad and iPhone with some keyboards. I wonder what what would happen if he used a keyboard 95 percent of the time. Would there be an improvement.i actually prefer to post from my laptop if i'm at home; i have one in the house and one in the shop

i do post from my phone a lot though

isla
04-11-2018, 05:06 PM
I suspect it has everything to do with the stand-up paddle board thing ;)

http://forum.woodenboat.com/showthread.php?237338-standup-paddle-board-fishing-i-totally-get-it-now

John B
04-11-2018, 06:06 PM
Golf! dangerous dang sport , shouldn't be allowed.

bobbys
04-11-2018, 07:10 PM
My son has this problem from crab fishing..

Flying Orca
04-11-2018, 07:13 PM

I'm glad to hear that - I'm having my fretting hand done on Monday.

Bob (oh, THAT Bob)
04-11-2018, 07:18 PM
I started to develop it decades ago from mouse-clicking all day, couldn't lift a water glass, took a month to heal. I started using my other hand and mastered it in days. To this day I periodically switch my mousing hand and haven't had a recurrence, though I also don't mouse as many hours a day. I also use a wrist pad to elevate my wrist in front of the keyboard.

purri
04-11-2018, 09:05 PM
Has he been to the doctor for ointment?........
My son has this problem from crab fishing..

James McMullen
04-12-2018, 05:26 AM
Have we completely ruled out repetitive motion issues from visiting “other” sorts of websites? Or is Pless too old for that sort of thing?

James McMullen
04-12-2018, 05:27 AM
The key is to regularly change and adjust your grip.

Flying Orca
04-12-2018, 07:10 AM
Or learn to mouse with your other hand.

Vince Brennan
04-12-2018, 08:30 AM
The key is to regularly change and adjust your grip.Too funny, lah! Where you sig go?

Vince Brennan
04-14-2018, 08:57 AM
. .

I'm glad to hear that - I'm having my fretting hand done on Monday.

All the best on your operation! Ain't nothing more frustrating that not being able to barré.

Paul Pless
04-14-2018, 09:02 AM
The key is to regularly change and adjust your grip.strange. . .

Flying Orca
04-14-2018, 09:28 AM
All the best on your operation! Ain't nothing more frustrating that not being able to barré.

Having your hand go numb in the middle of a set supporting dancers is no fun, either. :(

Breakaway
04-15-2018, 02:04 PM
Heal well, Paul.

Kevin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro