PDA

View Full Version : Dustbin of History

CWSmith
03-18-2018, 11:06 AM
I know this has already been touched on, but I am struck by the clarity of thought. At a time when Trumpspeak seems to run rampant in our society, there are still some who can form entire sentences and make their thoughts known.

“When the full extent of your venality, moral turpitude, and political corruption becomes known, you will take your rightful place as a disgraced demagogue in the dustbin of history,” Brennan tweeted Saturday in response to a tweet by President Donald Trump attacking McCabe and former FBI Director James Comey.

“You may scapegoat Andy McCabe, but you will not destroy America...America will triumph over you,” Brennan added.

https://splinternews.com/ex-cia-director-says-trump-will-end-up-in-the-dustbin-1823860419

Sky Blue
03-18-2018, 11:07 AM
Brennan may well be among those indicted.

Keith Wilson
03-18-2018, 11:08 AM
SB is fantasizing again. Lèse majesté is not yet a crime in the US. Trump delenda est.

LeeG
03-18-2018, 11:14 AM
I know this has already been touched on, but I am struck by the clarity of thought. At a time when Trumpspeak seems to run rampant in our society, there are still some who can form entire sentences and make their thoughts known.

https://splinternews.com/ex-cia-director-says-trump-will-end-up-in-the-dustbin-1823860419

That is one pithy sentence. Works for me.

“When the full extent of your venality, moral turpitude, and political corruption becomes known, you will take your rightful place as a disgraced demagogue in the dustbin of history,“

Jim Bow
03-18-2018, 12:04 PM
Simple sidenote: "Dustbin" is too kind. In the USofA we call them "Garbage cans"

Jim Mahan
03-18-2018, 12:11 PM
Septic tank.

ron ll
03-18-2018, 12:16 PM
Another good quote from this morning:

Representative Trey Gowdy, Republican of South Carolina, said if the president was innocent, he should “act like it” and leave Mr. Mueller alone.

JimD
03-18-2018, 12:17 PM
I like to throw this in from time to time: So far he has killed fewer people around the world than most presidents and I give him marks for that, even if it's only because he really doesn't know or care about the rest of the world. Both Bushes and Reagan were far far worse in that regard.

ron ll
03-18-2018, 12:22 PM
I like to throw this in from time to time: So far he has killed fewer people around the world than most presidents and I give him marks for that, even if it's only because he really doesn't know or care about the rest of the world. Both Bushes and Reagan were far far worse in that regard.

Except that the damage he is doing to the courts and Congressional oversight has the potential to kill far more in the future.

JimD
03-18-2018, 12:38 PM
Except that the damage he is doing to the courts and Congressional oversight has the potential to kill far more in the future.Maybe. Or maybe it will all blow over in a few years and new lying dirtbag presidents will get back to massacring people around the world the old fashioned honorable way. We'll see.

CWSmith
03-18-2018, 12:51 PM
The older I get, the more I believe that we should live our lives as if we lived in glass houses.

Representative Trey Gowdy, Republican of South Carolina, said if the president was innocent, he should “act like it” and leave Mr. Mueller alone.

Osborne Russell
03-18-2018, 01:01 PM
Septic tank.

Or S hole, to remove all doubt. In the parlance of our times.

skuthorp
03-18-2018, 04:04 PM
Maybe. Or maybe it will all blow over in a few years and new lying dirtbag presidents will get back to massacring people around the world the old fashioned honorable way. We'll see.
Well if Donald manages to pull it all down, and he's doing well at that now, it does give the country a chance to change the rules and restrict the Royal powers of your president and the large matters of electoral gerrymandering and the stuffing of the USSC.

Tom Montgomery
03-18-2018, 04:10 PM
Trump delenda est.Yes. Let us hope our American democratic republic survives Two Scoops. God forbid that the RWW anarchists prevail in the long term.

LeeG
03-18-2018, 05:42 PM

True but the night is young

Rich Jones
03-18-2018, 06:08 PM

Representative Trey Gowdy, Republican of South Carolina, said if the president was innocent, he should “act like it” and leave Mr. Mueller alone.I believe Gowdy was talking about Trump's lawyer. "If your client is innocent, act like it". Gowdy was referring to Trump, but not directly telling the president* "If you're innocent, act like it"

TomF
03-18-2018, 06:12 PM
I'll just point out something Herself remembered. In Victorian times, "dust" was a euphemism. The problem of "dust" in London's overcrowded working class areas made famous by Dickens ... was a problem of sanitation. Of sewage.

Yeah, Trump may be well suited for the "dustbin" of history.

Peerie Maa
03-18-2018, 06:32 PM
I'll just point out something Herself remembered. In Victorian times, "dust" was a euphemism. The problem of "dust" in London's overcrowded working class areas made famous by Dickens ... was a problem of sanitation. Of sewage.

Yeah, Trump may be well suited for the "dustbin" of history.

Herself mis remembered.
Dust in Victorian times was a valuable resource
https://i.pinimg.com/564x/e9/a4/54/e9a454fd3d94130efec233e5e693246c.jpg

http://cdn2.whodoyouthinkyouaremagazine.com/sites/default/files/dustbinpeople.jpg

We can still buy dustbins
https://static-content.cromwell.co.uk/images/854_854/g/jeeps/907/ken9079000k.jpg

Night soil was the euphemism for liquid crap.

TomF
03-18-2018, 06:43 PM
Aah. I will venture a correction... wish me luck. ;)

Peerie Maa
03-18-2018, 06:52 PM
Aah. I will venture a correction... wish me luck. ;)

PM me her email, I'll take the heat. :D

John Meachen
03-19-2018, 04:05 PM
The direction this thread has taken stirred a deeply seated oddity in my memory and I now find it related to rubbish in a roundabout way.In the days when Yellow Pages could be regarded as the source of contact details for businesses I found an entry for a Mungo and Shoddy merchant,following a quick search I now know what they did.

Peerie Maa
03-19-2018, 04:16 PM
The direction this thread has taken stirred a deeply seated oddity in my memory and I now find it related to rubbish in a roundabout way.In the days when Yellow Pages could be regarded as the source of contact details for businesses I found an entry for a Mungo and Shoddy merchant,following a quick search I now know what they did.

My father was in the rag trade, so I knew what shoddy was. I did not know about mungo though.