PDA

View Full Version : RWW gin up another lie

David G
03-17-2018, 11:22 PM
Another stupid, trivial, easily-checked, half-baked partisan lie.

Seems like it happens every day. Certainly the Dingbat Fringe here in the Bilge comes thru every day --

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/education/wp/2018/03/16/a-student-was-suspended-after-staying-in-class-and-not-walking-out-heres-what-actually-happened/?utm_term=.64cd6b8d5ef1

Barry
03-18-2018, 08:06 AM
Yes , The Village Idiot from Oregon tried to pass this off as an example of Liberal State sponsored terrorism.

CWSmith
03-18-2018, 08:37 AM
"But that story isn't exactly true." :) That's an understatement.

Very few things anger me more than being lied to, so is it any wonder I'm sick to death with the Republican Party and it's pundits?

David G
03-18-2018, 09:22 AM
"But that story isn't exactly true." :) That's an understatement.

Very few things anger me more than being lied to, so is it any wonder I'm sick to death with the Republican Party and it's pundits?

Yet you handle it far better than I. I'm slowly learning... but it's been my incensed reactions to the various insults to my intelligence that has, in the past, resulted in my trips to Banned Camp. I haven't been booted in weeks, though <yay>. Not even a shot across the bow, that I'm aware of. But YOU have never been banned, afik. Kudos!!

CWSmith
03-18-2018, 09:41 AM
Yet you handle it far better than I. I'm slowly learning... but it's been my incensed reactions to the various insults to my intelligence that has, in the past, resulted in my trips to Banned Camp. I haven't been booted in weeks, though <yay>. Not even a shot across the bow, that I'm aware of. But YOU have never been banned, afik. Kudos!!

I hate to disappoint you, but I've been sent to camp at least once, or was it twice? I was slow to learn my lesson.

Ignore is my friend. Plus, mentioning the ignore option seems to really bother the trolls, so it's a two-for! :)

David G
03-18-2018, 09:43 AM
I hate to disappoint you, but I've been sent to camp at least once, or was it twice? I was slow to learn my lesson.

Ignore is my friend. Plus, mentioning the ignore option seems to really bother the trolls, so it's a two-for! :)

Oh sure... BURST my hero-worship bubble <G>

CWSmith
03-18-2018, 09:45 AM
Oh sure... BURST my hero-worship bubble <G>

:) You can do better. TomF is my hero.

Art Haberland
03-18-2018, 10:55 AM

It's true, they build up a real froth at the idea they may be on ignore.

SKIP KILPATRICK
03-18-2018, 11:37 AM
Do you know the difference between a Republican and a hooker?

The hooker stops screwing you when you run out of money!

John of Phoenix
03-18-2018, 11:39 AM
It's true, they build up a real froth at the idea they may be on ignore.
But to really piss them off, let them know you don't use ignore but never respond to their bull****. It drives them even crazier. :D

Jim Bow
03-18-2018, 02:41 PM
This is an vowel detection experiment
Bullshat bullshet bull**** bullshot bullshut

Tom Montgomery
03-18-2018, 02:48 PM
Yet you handle it far better than I. I'm slowly learning... but it's been my incensed reactions to the various insults to my intelligence that has, in the past, resulted in my trips to Banned Camp.Ditto. One forumite in particular has been my kryptonite.

But I am determined to never be banned again. The morons are not worth it.

Scot has told me a number of times to ignore the trolls. I'm getting better at doing so.

Vince Brennan
03-18-2018, 02:50 PM
Knit
Slit
Flit
Well, there y'go... Nanny IS watching...

Vince Brennan
03-18-2018, 03:03 PM
What continually amazes me is the speed with which my "A$swipe detector" has come to operate. Perhaps it's having survived the "Chocolate Attacks" of one poster and his myriad of sock-puppets... I got very good at detecting the odour of Amsterdaam Chocolate, but it only takes a couple of posts to suss out which way a particular poster is slanting his (generic gender...) message.

The other thing, and I wonder how many forumites have experienced this phenomenon, is that when I *plonk* someone, then, in a fairly short period of time, they stand a good chance of going "walkabout" for a variable period of time, often a permanent ban.

Curiouser and curiouser....

David G
03-18-2018, 03:16 PM
What continually amazes me is the speed with which my "A$swipe detector" has come to operate. Perhaps it's having survived the "Chocolate Attacks" of one poster and his myriad of sock-puppets... I got very good at detecting the odour of Amsterdaam Chocolate, but it only takes a couple of posts to suss out which way a particular poster is slanting his (generic gender...) message.

The other thing, and I wonder how many forumites have experienced this phenomenon, is that when I *plonk* someone, then, in a fairly short period of time, they stand a good chance of going "walkabout" for a variable period of time, often a permanent ban.

Curiouser and curiouser....

Yes, it is often the case that such folks come in gently. And I engage them gently in return, treating them with respect... and the assumption that they join me in a desire to explore various topics on a shared journey toward truth and understanding. It doesn't take long for them to either prove that's true... or that it's not. First comes the suspicion - usually due to bad information... facts, data, logic... that they don't take well to being called on. I'll be patient with them for a while, and walk them thru my perspective on the disagreement... still operating with the provisional assumption that they mean well. But it very seldom comes to pass that the initial tingling of suspicion was incorrect.

John of Phoenix
03-18-2018, 05:38 PM
But it very seldom comes to pass that the initial tingling of suspicion was incorrect. Has it ever been incorrect?

David G
03-18-2018, 05:48 PM
Has it ever been incorrect?

No. Not outright incorrect. There are some I still have some hope for... but it's not trending well.