PDA

View Full Version : "I'm going to end up cooperating with them,"

SKIP KILPATRICK
03-06-2018, 01:26 PM
Ex-Trump aide says he'll likely cooperate with Mueller

WASHINGTON (AP) A former Trump campaign aide spent much of the day promising to defy a subpoena from special counsel Robert Mueller, even throwing down the challenge to "arrest me," then backed off his defiance by saying he would probably cooperate in the end.

In an interview Monday night with The Associated Press, Sam Nunberg said he was angry over Mueller's request to have him appear in front of a grand jury and turn over thousands of emails and other communications with other ex-officials, among them his mentor Roger Stone. But he predicted that, in the end, he'd find a way to comply.

"I'm going to end up cooperating with them," he said.

It was a reversal from his tone throughout the day, when he lashed out at Trump and his campaign and threatened to defy Mueller in a series of interviews.

ron ll
03-06-2018, 01:32 PM
So he’s trying to make it sound like his idea?

David G
03-06-2018, 01:36 PM
well equippedIf I had a gift
Well would I be
Well equipped
To make you see
I am nothing
But a broken being
Stuck on what
I’m seeing
Copyright cs parker (https://www.poetrysoup.com/poems_poets/poems_by_poet.aspx?ID=86115)

JimD
03-06-2018, 01:54 PM
He was angry and said some things without a realistic regard for the consequences. Once the idea of serious jail time and a criminal record had time to set in he came to his senses and arrived at the conclusion that martyrdom is only romantic if it's someone else.

Norman Bernstein
03-06-2018, 01:55 PM
He was angry and said some things without a realistic regard for the consequences.

Word is, he was both drunk, and on anti-depressants, during his day-long rant on every conceivable cable news channel. The guy is a total fool.

JimD
03-06-2018, 04:42 PM
...The guy is a total fool.Alcohol and anti depressants can do that to a guy. I avoid them both.

Tom Montgomery
03-06-2018, 04:47 PM
No doubt his lawyer has been spending the last 24 hours tearing his hair out.

If I were his attorney I would have told him to either honor the subpoena and testify before the grand jury or get himself another lawyer.

Gerarddm
03-06-2018, 07:14 PM
There will be a statue to Robert Mueller when this is all over.