X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Norman Bernstein
    Liberaltarian
    • Nov 2004

Quote of the evening

He's right... it's getting worse... MUCH worse.

“When I hear what Vladimir Putin was saying just yesterday about the nuclear capabilities he has, the President of the United States is tweeting about Alec Baldwin this morning, I mean, where is your sense of priorities? I think a lot of Americans are looking at what’s happening with a sense of — this is surreal. And I’m hoping that those in Congress as well as the 30 percent of Americans out there who still believe in what Mr. Trump is saying, will look past that and say, are we really doing what we need to do as a country to protect ourselves and ensure our children and grandchildren are going to be remain safe, secure and prosperous in the future? And I have my serious, serious doubts. And the longer this goes on, the worse it’s going to get.”

— Former CIA Director John Brennan, in an interview with
    MSNBC.
    "Reason and facts are sacrificed to opinion and myth. Demonstrable falsehoods are circulated and recycled as fact. Narrow minded opinion refuses to be subjected to thought and analysis. Too many now subject events to a prefabricated set of interpretations, usually provided by a biased media source. The myth is more comfortable than the often difficult search for truth."

• Paul Pless
    pinko commie tree hugger
    • Oct 2003

Re: Quote of the evening

if you had to choose one would it be the tax cuts or the second amendment?
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

Comment

• Norman Bernstein
      Liberaltarian
      • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Paul Pless
      if you had to choose one would it be the tax cuts or the second amendment?
      In America, we don't have to choose one... we can choose whatever the hell we like. The tax cuts were bad.... the fact that Trump bends over for the NRA is worse.....

....but the tariff is the worst of all. Retaliation is going to cost MANY more jobs, than could possibly be saved in the steel and aluminum industries... and the stock market is reflecting just how bad this is.

Add all the really, really bad policies, to the corruption and incompetence of not only Trump, but most of his cabinet appointees and other political appointments, and we're in serious trouble... even at his worst (and I was certainly NO fan of the guy), George Bush was a statesman and leader, in comparison to Donald Trump.

The tip-off, though, is the number of Republicans beginning to waffle on their obesiance to Trump.... it's beginning to change.
      "Reason and facts are sacrificed to opinion and myth. Demonstrable falsehoods are circulated and recycled as fact. Narrow minded opinion refuses to be subjected to thought and analysis. Too many now subject events to a prefabricated set of interpretations, usually provided by a biased media source. The myth is more comfortable than the often difficult search for truth."

Comment

• ccmanuals
        Son of a Guineaman
        • Dec 2001

Actually, I feel a little bit better when the idiot, Trump, with the cell phone doesn't engage in foreign policy.
        Tom

"Leave the gun, take the cannolis"

Comment

• Corvida
          • Jun 2015

It's not like Trump can say anything bad about the guy he owes billions to.

Besides, the Russians have been able to nuke us to oblivion for decades. Our missile defenses were never going to be able to stop them. On the other hand, Putin has no missile defense at all, so it's not like he'll be surviving a nuclear exchange either.

Comment

• Gerarddm
            #RESIST
            • Feb 2010

When the Stumps lose their jobs because of some asinine trade war our current president has drooled his way into, perhaps then, FINALLY, we will start to see his approval ratings drop below that 30% base.
            Gerard>
            Albuquerque, NM

Next election, vote against EVERY Republican, for EVERY office, at EVERY level. Be patriotic, save the country.

Comment

• mdh
              Banned
              • Oct 2004

Is this the John Brennan that didn’t know about the FISA warrant? https://www.americanthinker.com/blog...r_perjury.html

Or the John Brennan that approved of the Iran deal? https://news.unclesamsmisguidedchild...ran-nuke-deal/

Maybe he’s just gaslighting ya.

Comment

Working...