X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CWSmith
    New Hampshire
    • Nov 2008

Is Fox Turning on Trump?

Fox News host Shepard Smith slammed President Trump on Monday for failing to condemn Moscow but instead attacking Democrats and the FBI after more than a dozen Russians were indicted for election interference.

"The president spent the weekend defending himself, misrepresenting the truth and attacking others from his phone in Florida," Smith said "Shepard Smith Reporting."

Smith noted that Trump attacked the Department of Justice, the FBI, national security adviser H.R. McMaster, as well as Rep. Adam Schiff (D-Calif.), former President Obama and Oprah Winfrey.

"He did not attack Vladimir Putin or Russia, nor did he express concern that the Russians attacked the United States. Nor did he pledge in any way to put measures in place to stop future attacks," Smith said.

"Where you live in the world should not determine whether you live in the world." - Bono

"Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip." - Will Rogers

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." - Groucho Marx
  • Anthony Zucker
    • Jan 2003

Re: Is Fox Turning on Trump?

Shepard is the one straight Fox newsperson.

They must have a reason for keeping him. He generally gives a fair and balanced report, unlike everyone else there.

I wonder what life is like for him living with that gang.

Comment

• SKIP KILPATRICK
      • Jan 2013

No!!!!

Fox News’s appalling past 72 hours, analyzed

A data analysis shows how Fox News spun the Mueller indictment and Florida shooting into a defense of the president.

A data analysis shows how Fox News spun the Mueller indictment and Florida shooting into a defense of the president.
      Skip

---This post is delivered with righteous passion and with a solemn southern directness --
      ...........fighting against the deliberate polarization of politics...

Comment

• S.V. Airlie
        Ancient Mariner
        • Dec 2006

Even some who support him have see huge amounts of information they used to try to spin or ignore but, they reach a point where they just can't. Shepard finally reached that point.

Comment

• Rich Jones
          What boat to build next?
          • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Anthony Zucker
          Shepard is the one straight Fox newsperson.

They must have a reason for keeping him. He generally gives a fair and balanced report, unlike everyone else there.

I wonder what life is like for him living with that gang.
          I'm really surprised he's still around simply from a financial point of view. FOX viewers want the pro-Trump nonsense spewed out by all the other FOX pundits and I would think they'd turn off the TV when Shep comes on. Must not be easy to sell advertising time on his show.
          I was born on a wooden boat that I built myself.
          Skiing is the next best thing to having wings.

Comment

• Dave Lesser
            • Sep 2004

Is Fox Turning on Trump?

No, they're just monetizing him.

On Tuesday, Fox News is set to announce Fox Nation, a stand-alone subscription service available without a cable package. The streaming service, expected to start by the end of the year, would focus primarily on right-leaning commentary, with original shows and cameos by popular personalities like Sean Hannity.

It would not overlap with Fox News’s 24-hour cable broadcast — not even reruns — because of the channel’s contractual agreements with cable operators. Instead, the network is planning to develop hours of new daily programming with a mostly fresh slate of anchors and commentators.

“Fox Nation is designed to appeal to the Fox superfan,” John Finley, who oversees program development and production for Fox News, said in an interview. “These are the folks who watch Fox News every night for hours at a time, the dedicated audience that really wants more of what we have to offer.”
            One of the great things about this forum is that we don't all have to accumulate the same scar tissue.
            AJ Zimm

Comment

• CWSmith
              New Hampshire
              • Nov 2008

“Fox Nation is designed to appeal to the Fox superfan,” John Finley, who oversees program development and production for Fox News, said in an interview. “These are the folks who watch Fox News every night for hours at a time, the dedicated audience that really wants more of what we have to offer.”
              I think I just threw up in my mouth.
              "Where you live in the world should not determine whether you live in the world." - Bono

"Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip." - Will Rogers

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." - Groucho Marx

Comment

• S.V. Airlie
                Ancient Mariner
                • Dec 2006

Originally posted by KMacDonald
                Don't choke on it.
                Don't eat it! I know you probably think it's Gerber!

Comment

Working...