PDA

View Full Version : Jared Kushner's Security Clearance

isla
02-17-2018, 07:29 PM
President Trump's son-in-law and senior White House adviser Jared Kushner has reportedly requested more intelligence information than almost every other White House official.

The Washington Post reports that Kushner, whose portfolio encompasses issues ranging from the Middle East peace process to modernizing the federal governmentís use of technology, has put in more requests for U.S. intelligence information than any White House staffer not working for the National Security Council.

He is one of reportedly dozens of White House officials who have been operating with temporary clearances during Trumpís first year in office, and his clearance could be in jeopardy following chief of staff John Kellyís changes to the clearance process, the Post said.

That change could impact Kushner, whose clearance has been pending since he began working in the Trump White House more than a year ago.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/374356-kushner-requests-more-intel-info-than-almost-all-white-house-staff

LeeG
02-17-2018, 07:48 PM
hey, he’s family. What’s more populist than families of mega millionaires. MAGA baby! We’re all gonna win the lottery.

paulf
02-17-2018, 08:22 PM
President Trump's son-in-law and senior White House adviser Jared Kushner has reportedly requested more intelligence information than almost every other White House official.

The Washington Post reports that Kushner, whose portfolio encompasses issues ranging from the Middle East peace process to modernizing the federal governmentís use of technology, has put in more requests for U.S. intelligence information than any White House staffer not working for the National Security Council.

He is one of reportedly dozens of White House officials who have been operating with temporary clearances during Trumpís first year in office, and his clearance could be in jeopardy following chief of staff John Kellyís changes to the clearance process, the Post said.

That change could impact Kushner, whose clearance has been pending since he began working in the Trump White House more than a year ago.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/374356-kushner-requests-more-intel-info-than-almost-all-white-house-staff

When I was at the National Lab I held a Q level Top Secret clearance. This was one of the highest clearances obtainable.

I still, however, had to have what is called "the need to know" If I was working with the Navy and we were discussing Engineering that involved me than OK, If I walked into a lab where they were working on Nuke weapon detonators, well I would be denied access, physically.

If the information I was working on was classified I could screen all requests and deny those who had no reason to get the information.

But...I'm not the presidents son in law.

skuthorp
02-17-2018, 09:04 PM
https://www.japantimes.co.jp/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/ca20151011eda-870x486.jpg

Tom Montgomery
02-17-2018, 09:04 PM
It has been reported that Jared and Ivanka have been compiling a list of people who could replace John Kelly as White House Chief of Staff. They reportedly resent the way he has limited their day-to-day access to Dad inside the White House.

This appears to be a wounded and desperate John Kelly attempting to fight back and maintain control of his deteriorating situation.

Palace intrigue is fascinating. I would bet on the Romanov's... er... the Trump's coming out on top rather than on Kelly.

Arizona Bay
02-17-2018, 09:29 PM
I think he has a Billion dollar+ loan payment coming up on his 666 building in NYC.
He's gotta raise money somehow :rolleyes:

Nicholas Scheuer
02-17-2018, 10:59 PM
I, too, would enjoy Trump coming out on top of Kelley (for the entertainment value of more views of a White House going s--t house).

John Smith
02-18-2018, 09:12 AM
This country is in trouble. There's two sides to this. If I failed to get through security scrutiny, I'd resign. If you failed, I'd not keep you.

isla
02-18-2018, 09:28 AM
I appreciate that Israel is a US ally, but I'm pretty certain that US intelligence is usually only shared selectively and according to US intelligence oversight. Given that the Kushner Family Foundation has given hundreds of thousand of dollars to Israeli causes, including the illegal West Bank settlements, and an organization called 'Friends of the Israel Defense Forces', and Jared Kushner sits on the board of that foundation, how certain can Trump be that Jared doesn't leak intel to his friends in Israel.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/jared-kushners-parents-donated-to-settlement-groups/

skaraborgcraft
02-18-2018, 09:44 AM
I appreciate that Israel is a US ally, but I'm pretty certain that US intelligence is usually only shared selectively and according to US intelligence oversight. Given that the Kushner Family Foundation has given hundreds of thousand of dollars to Israeli causes, including the illegal West Bank settlements, and an organization called 'Friends of the Israel Defense Forces', and Jared Kushner sits on the board of that foundation, how certain can Trump be that Jared doesn't leak intel to his friends in Israel.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/jared-kushners-parents-donated-to-settlement-groups/

Im sure you have noticed, but Israel can do no wrong in US eyes, not unexpected from a country with a foreign policy that involves mass slaughter of civilians.