PDA

View Full Version : Trump's choice Wynn

Chris Smith porter maine
01-27-2018, 06:40 PM
Interesting Wynn a Trump besty looking like a pig he has already resigned, as the Republican treasurer, 7 million settlement, stormy let Trump off easy.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/01/27/politics/wynn-rnc-finance-chair-resigns/index.html

Ian McColgin
01-28-2018, 02:27 PM
When Harvey Weinstein was at last publicly exposed as the exploitive pig he is, there was a great deal of confusion because the guy really did give generously to many excellent charities. Google up the list and you will see, may even be impressed. Like the Clintons and Trump, Wynn has a foundation.
Both Weinstein and Wynn have been huge political contributors to candidates and, respectivly, to the Democratic and Republican parties.

When Weinstein was exposed, Democratic recipients began culling their campaign lists and giving amounts equal to the Weinstein donations to various charities. Capitalizing on this, RNC Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel proclaimed, 'If you stand for treating women well and you stand for the respect of women, you shouldn't take money from somebody who treated women with the absolute highest level of disrespect."

I should note that the DNC has not shoveled over to charities an amount equal to Weinstein's total donations, but has I understand managed to give about a recent year's worth. The active and may run again Democratic politicians who have campaign funds have mostly returned most of what they are known to have recieved from Weinstein.

I should also also note a difference - Weinstein was an important donor but was not any sort of party official.

RNC Chairwoman McDaniel was right last year. But is what's right for Democrats also right for Republicans?

Chip-skiff
01-28-2018, 03:16 PM
Republicans won't give back a nickel, despite the source being two vice-lords: Steve Wynn—

https://suntimesmedia.files.wordpress.com/2018/01/sexual_misconduct-steve_wynn_73855519.jpg?w=500

And the equally lovable Sheldon Adelson—

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-U1gdcRPz_CE/TyRHSXvHK8I/AAAAAAAABwg/yWf1fE2JbRQ/s1600/shel_2122177b.jpg

Making a living from gambling, booze, and hookers does leave its mark.

ccmanuals
01-28-2018, 03:35 PM
RNC statement regarding Weinstein:

During three-decades worth of sexual harassment allegations, Harvey Weinstein lined the pockets of Democrats to the tune of three quarters of a million dollars. If Democrats and the DNC truly stand up for women like they say they do, then returning this dirty money should be a no brainer.

RNC statement regarding Wynn:

Today I accepted Steve Wynn’s resignation as Republican National Committee finance chair.

It's worth nothing that Weinstein held no official position in the democratic party but Wynn did hold one in the republican party.

So far it's crickets from republicans regarding returning the Wynn money.

hawkeye54
01-28-2018, 05:25 PM
Looks like Steve Wynn got another one of those priceless "mulligans" only available to a select few ....:o

Rick

Chris Smith porter maine
01-28-2018, 06:38 PM
Just saw on NBC Ryan is giving back 1k!