PDA

View Full Version : Bombardier/Boeing decision by ITC

Reynard38
01-26-2018, 07:23 PM
Some good news from my perspective. Didnít think itíd go this way.

http://business.financialpost.com/transportation/airlines/bombardier-wins-surprise-victory-as-u-s-trade-commission-rules-against-boeing-in-cseries-dispute

hawkeye54
01-26-2018, 08:38 PM
Wow, an interesting ruling - I used to fly a lot on the little jets - not so much these days

Garret
01-26-2018, 10:20 PM
Love to see better small jets - as that's what I mostly fly.

I foresee Trump firing the commission though.

CK 17
01-26-2018, 10:30 PM
Maybe now that Boeing has lost this fight, they can focus on making their new AF tanker work.

johnw
01-26-2018, 11:11 PM
Boeing ain't the company it was. They used to beat the competition by making better airplanes and having more devoted engineers. Since they merged with McDonnell Douglas, the culture has changed.

mmd
01-27-2018, 12:29 PM
Several folks I've spoken with since yesterday have a sense of foreboding about this. Now that Trump's "America First" troops have lost the Boeing/Bombardier battle, they will punish us with cancellation of any NAFTA deal.

Reynard38
01-27-2018, 12:53 PM
Several folks I've spoken with since yesterday have a sense of foreboding about this. Now that Trump's "America First" troops have lost the Boeing/Bombardier battle, they will punish us with cancellation of any NAFTA deal.

Y’all might want to consider building an oil pipeline to your coasts instead of to the US. Isn’t Canada the US’s biggest single oil supplier?
China would be interested.

mmd
01-27-2018, 01:13 PM
Y'all might want to consider who is financing that pipeline.

Dave Hadfield
01-27-2018, 01:48 PM
Boeing ain't the company it was. They used to beat the competition by making better airplanes and having more devoted engineers. Since they merged with McDonnell Douglas, the culture has changed.

That is very true. The 777, built by Boeing people, was a model of how to develop and build a new airliner. They made movies about its success as a program.

The 787 was a complete screw-up. 3 years late. Very over-budget. The whole new sub-assemblies approach caused endless complications. And it was managed by the bigwigs who came across from McD-D.

Dave

Chris Smith porter maine
01-27-2018, 02:20 PM

Trump can't pull out of NAFTA without Congressional approval I not sure he could even get it.