PDA

View Full Version : Adam Schiff drops a silent but deadly on Rachel

Chris Coose
12-22-2017, 02:24 PM
Without prompting, Adam Schiff alludes to the Mueller investigation heading into Russian money laundering and guaranteed loans to the Trump organization, thereby getting leverage over the SCROTUS.

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow/watch/wait-did-rep-adam-schiff-just-drop-a-big-hint-1122171459988

Following the money gets attention. The Senate intelligence committee is being stonewalled by Treasury. Thank god Mueller has subpoena capacity.

ljb5
12-22-2017, 02:41 PM
I suspect Trump will fire Meuller sometime between Christmas and New Years.

He knows his neck is in the noose. His advisers will tell him that firing Meuller will be a political bomb, but compared to the alternative of getting busted outright, he'll do it anyway.

FOX News is busy laying the groundwork for it. The Republicans in Congress will spend three days hand-wringing about it, but ultimately will do nothing.

LeeG
12-22-2017, 02:54 PM
that’s interesting

johnw
12-22-2017, 03:08 PM
It seems likely to me that what the Russians have on Trump is financial.

peb
12-22-2017, 03:13 PM
It seems to me Mueller is still wondering around tryiing desperately to fnd see Mr charge of substance, that would justify hr appointment. Granted, Manafort's charges have lots of substance, but could easily have been pursued without a special counsel.

We will see who is right, perhaps he does have Trump's head in anoose,but that's not where it seems this is going

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

S.V. Airlie
12-22-2017, 03:20 PM

He knows his neck is in the noose. His advisers will tell him that firing Meuller will be a political bomb, but compared to the alternative of getting busted outright, he'll do it anyway.

FOX News is busy laying the groundwork for it. The Republicans in Congress will spend three days hand-wringing about it, but ultimately will do nothing.I think he'll fire the Assistant Att. General appoint a new one who has given him fealty and the new guy will fire Mueller. He can wipe his hands with that with " I didn't fire Mueller (and under his breath,) my stooge did"!

LeeG
12-22-2017, 03:22 PM
It seems to me Mueller is still wondering around tryiing desperately to fnd see Mr charge of substance, that would justify hr appointment. Granted, Manafort's charges have lots of substance, but could easily have been pursued without a special counsel.

We will see who is right, perhaps he does have Trump's head in anoose,but that's not where it seems this is going

Tapatalk needs an upgrade.

Old Dryfoot
12-22-2017, 03:28 PM

Newsweek, worth reading. IMO, Russian money laundering is highly probable.
http://www.newsweek.com/2017/12/29/donald-trump-russia-secret-deutsche-bank-753780.html
During those negotiations, Sater—the son of a Russian mafia boss—saw things differently. “Our boy can become president of the USA and we can engineer it,” he wrote to Cohen about the Trump Tower Moscow plans. “I will get all of Putin’s team to buy in on this, I will manage this process.”

Chris Coose
12-22-2017, 03:28 PM

Seems the SCROTUS will have to fire Rosenstein and maybe a few others at Justice first. It'd make Nixon's massacre look like a kid's cowboy and Indian game. If it did come to a Constitutional crisis, like some predict and now they got their tax thing signed maybe they could see Pence as SCROTUS.

peb
12-22-2017, 03:32 PM
Newsweek, worth reading. IMO, Russian money laundering is highly probable.
http://www.newsweek.com/2017/12/29/donald-trump-russia-secret-deutsche-bank-753780.htmlWe have given up on collusion, now hoping for Russian money laundering. Good luck with that.

ljb5
12-22-2017, 03:32 PM
It seems to me Mueller is still wondering around tryiing desperately to fnd see Mr charge of substance, that would justify hr appointment.

Meuller already has two indictments and two guilty pleas.

On top of that, Sessions, Kushner and Page have already admitted they lied about their contacts with Russia.

We could speculate about what Meuller might find in those 10,000 emails, and we have good reason to believe that some of Trump's team have flipped and are giving evidence to Meuller.

But even without that speculation, there is more than enough that has already been adjudicated to justify the probe.

ljb5
12-22-2017, 03:33 PM
We have given up on collusion, now hoping for Russian money laundering.

What a silly thing to say.

Why should we think they're mutually exclusive?

It's perfectly plausible that there was money laundering and collusion.

Old Dryfoot
12-22-2017, 03:36 PM
We have given up on collusion, now hoping for Russian money laundering. Good luck with that.

I edited my post to include this, but I'll add it here too. From the Newsweek article.

During those negotiations, Sater—the son of a Russian mafia boss (https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/aug/31/felix-sater-trump-russia-investigation)—saw things differently. “Our boy can become president of the USA and we can engineer it,” he wrote to Cohen about the Trump Tower Moscow plans. “I will get all of Putin’s team to buy in on this, I will manage this process.”

Chris Coose
12-22-2017, 03:39 PM
We have given up on collusion, now hoping for Russian money laundering. Good luck with that.

You skipped the Obstruction of justice part. I heard somewhere on the news today there is a witness come forth on the Comey firing.

George Jung
12-22-2017, 03:46 PM
I smell desperation - either that, or the portapotty fell over.

LeeG
12-22-2017, 03:54 PM

We have? Some might hope for a magic pony but don’t you think it’s worth finding out what Trumps financial connections are? Who knows, might be bigger than Whitewater and no bj.

LeeG
12-22-2017, 03:56 PM
Mueller should resign before he makes a complete fool of himself...

He will be known as leading a witch hunt .

er, um, how would you know if someone is making a complete fool of themselves?

Garret
12-22-2017, 03:58 PM

He will be known as leading a witch hunt .

Benghazi!
Benghazi!
Benghazi!

Right?

johnw
12-22-2017, 04:08 PM

Who's given up on collusion? You do understand that there is no crime called collusion, it's the crimes committed in the process of colluding that will be prosecuted. Money laundering, accepting help stealing an opponent's emails, obstruction of justice to hide the collusion, that sort of thing.

Osborne Russell
12-22-2017, 04:42 PM
Howzabout Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations?

skuthorp
12-22-2017, 04:50 PM
Heh, Osborne if they pursue Corrupt Organisation laws there wouldn't be a party or a lobbying group still standing in the country.

S.V. Airlie
12-22-2017, 04:59 PM
You skipped the Obstruction of justice part. I heard somewhere on the news today there is a witness come forth on the Comey firing. Yup, one did! The Assistant FBI director. He stuffed Trump in a shoebox.And he said what he did under oath!

mdh
12-22-2017, 05:22 PM
Thread titles are getting more accurate.

S.V. Airlie
12-22-2017, 05:26 PM
Thread titles are getting more accurate.Obviously, Trump hasn't called it Fake news on twitter yet!. Oh wait, he's in Mar a Fiasco watching FOXNEWS!

Chip-skiff
12-22-2017, 07:26 PM

You seem to be an expert on that.

Gerarddm
12-22-2017, 07:35 PM
Once Mueller has presented cases to a grand jury, or several ones, the jig is up, because Justice or our current president can't fire them.

Vince Brennan
12-22-2017, 07:36 PM

Translation to English, please?

S.V. Airlie
12-22-2017, 07:40 PM
Translation to English, please?Vince thanks for the Christmas card. Make sure that you pass this on to your wife. Thanks!

woodpile
12-23-2017, 09:05 AM
I smell desperation - either that, or the portapotty fell over.

Technically known as TDS

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Trump%20Derangement%20Syndrome

TomF
12-23-2017, 09:22 AM
Who's given up on collusion? You do understand that there is no crime called collusion, it's the crimes committed in the process of colluding that will be prosecuted. Money laundering, accepting help stealing an opponent's emails, obstruction of justice to hide the collusion, that sort of thing.
Yep. Just like the Devil, the collusion is in the details.

CWSmith
12-23-2017, 10:19 AM

MoveOn and others already have the protests ready to go. If he does fire Mueller I think there will be massive protests in this country. The GOP cowards in Congress will know that their time has come.

peb
12-23-2017, 10:54 AM
He has s not gong to fire Mueller,. he knows by now that the worse is over.

S.V. Airlie
12-23-2017, 10:59 AM
He has s not gong to fire Mueller,. he one by now that the worse is over.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using TapatalkNo, even Trump knows it would be a mistake to fire Mueller. He'll use the back door, fire the current Assistant AG, pick someone who will give fealty to him and their loyalty and have the newbie fire Mueller. He'll just say, "did I do that? No the Assistant AG did, my little hands are clean!"

Lew Barrett
12-23-2017, 10:59 AM
peb, you have got to proof or edit your posts. I'm very interested in what you have to say but as has been mentioned, your recent posts are very difficult to parse.

peb
12-23-2017, 11:03 AM
peb, you have got to proof or edit your posts. I'm very interested in what you have to say but as has been mentioned, your recent posts are very difficult to parse.Sorry, stupid phone. I will try to do better.

Peerie Maa
12-23-2017, 11:04 AM
Sorry, stupid phone. I will try to do better.

Every one needs to learn to speak Tapatalk. ;)

Osborne Russell
12-23-2017, 11:30 AM
Manspreading all over the little buttons. No doubt technology in the future will improve man himself, making him more efficient, opening up undreamed of possibilities.

George Jung
12-23-2017, 11:37 AM
And the women say ‘hope springs eternal!’

johnw
12-23-2017, 01:14 PM

Take heart, we do care about what you say.

John Smith
12-23-2017, 02:25 PM
I think it would be wise to remember what we do know about Trump. He's refused to release his taxes and lied as to why. He has SETTLED lawsuits for fraud, discrimination, and failing to pay contractors.

This is not a man of integrity. He's just the opposite.

If he says he's never have any dealings with Russia, I have to ask why anyone would believe him.

I believe we DO KNOW he helped write, or did write, the one response from Donald Jr., and that response was fiction. We KNOW he was warned about Flynn, hired him anyway, and kept him for 18 days (during which he sat in on intelligence briefings) AFTER being warned he was compromised.

Mueller has been building a foundation upon which the case against Trump will be built. We know a good bit about that foundation, and it looks pretty sturdy to me.

Lew Barrett
12-23-2017, 04:10 PM

As John said, it's mentioned only because I/we read your commentary.