PDA

View Full Version : What the world thinks of Donald Trump

Norman Bernstein
12-19-2017, 12:09 PM
Yes, we ARE the laughing stock of the entire world... makes ya feel good, doesn't it?

https://www.facebook.com/qznews/videos/362321474147263/?ref=tahoe

CWSmith
12-19-2017, 12:12 PM
It's not the laughing that worries me. My fear is that we and the world will be crying before it's done.

mmd
12-19-2017, 12:20 PM
Donald Trump is the best thing for comedians and cartoonists that has come on the world stage for many, many years.

mmd
12-19-2017, 01:12 PM
Awww... Bobbys; don't get all bent - I'll send you a maple leaf toque so you can go visit Vancouver.

CWSmith
12-19-2017, 01:16 PM
Liberals hate he defends Israel.

Actually, we hate that he BLINDLY defends Israel.

But, please make the case for defending Israel. Make the case that argues why we should recognize moving the capital to Jerusalem. Make the case against the Palestinian people. We want to hear your logic and thinking on this.

isla
12-19-2017, 01:17 PM
Actually, we hate that he BLINDLY defends Israel.

But, please make the case for defending Israel. Make the case that argues why we should recognize moving the capital to Jerusalem. Make the case against the Palestinian people. We want to hear your logic and thinking on this.

Jeez, I just inhaled coffee up my nose :d

Norman Bernstein
12-19-2017, 01:18 PM
The media is on him 90 percen t negitive.

It's that way because he gives them good reason to be so.

Liberals hate he defends Israel.

You're incredibly wrong about that... most liberals are big Israel supporters... it's only the few of us with objectivity who recognize what Israel has become: a colonial occupying power.

mmd
12-19-2017, 01:19 PM
^Nose too far into the mug, isla? <wink, grin>

isla
12-19-2017, 01:23 PM
^Nose too far into the mug, isla? <wink, grin>

I tried to drink and laugh at the same time. Not a good idea, but the triple oxymoron of bobbys, thinking and logic just hit my funny muscle :d

mmd
12-19-2017, 01:36 PM
I can relate, but my unintended reaction to sudden Bilge-inspired mirth at an inopportune time is to spray tea over my keyboard. I've had strong tea in my nose before, and due to that have learned to laugh out loud, even when alone in my office. Sometimes I get odd glances from my wife for this.

LeeG
12-19-2017, 02:44 PM
funny how “the world” is full of liberals. Bobbys, Turkey’s president was Donalds authoritarian heart throb for a bit and he’s totally against Trumps Jeruselum shenanigans. At what point will you consider that the terms liberals and conservatives don’t describe everything going on in the US or the larger place the US is just a part of?

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/12/thousands-rally-jakarta-jerusalem-move-171217065716217.html

Protesters have once again poured on to the streets of several international cities in a show of solidarity with the Palestinians, condemning a US decision to officially recognise Jerusalem as Israel's capital.

Eleven days after US President Donald Trump's move, mass rallies were held on Sunday in Indonesia, Turkey and Pakistan.

The biggest demonstration took place in Indonesia's capital, Jakarta, where an estimated 80,000 protesters rallied outside the US embassy.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/18/middleeast/jerusalem-turkey-erdogan-intl/index.html

CNN)Turkey's President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said he hopes one day to open a Turkish embassy in Jerusalem, ahead of a possible UN vote Monday which seeks to nullify the US decision to recognize the city as Israel's capital.
Erdogan's speech came after an emergency meeting of the 57-member Organization of Islamic Cooperation last week recognized East Jerusalem as the occupied capital of a Palestinian state.
The decision came in response to US President Donald Trump's promise to move Washington's embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem, and recognize the city as Israel's capital.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-42298782

There have been violent clashes near the US embassy in Lebanon, in the latest protest against President Donald Trump's decision to recognise Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.
Security forces fired tear gas and water cannon to force back flag-waving protesters close to the embassy complex north of the capital, Beirut.
Overnight the Arab League condemned the US decision.
It said the US could not now be relied upon as a broker of Middle East peace.
The protesters threw stones and set fires in the street close to the embassy in the Awkar district.
The security forces had barricaded the main road leading to the large complex.

skuthorp
12-19-2017, 02:56 PM
It's not the laughing that worries me. My fear is that we and the world will be crying before it's done.
Me too, it could all end in tears and a few very big bangs if Donald get's his knickers in a knot once too often.

LeeG
12-19-2017, 02:58 PM
the Uruguayan clip showing a giant robot shooting missiles out of it's crotch was impressive.

Steve McMahon
12-19-2017, 03:31 PM
From one of my favorite CBC columnists Neil MacDonald after being in the hospital and taking a break from seeing the news:

"But reading about Donald Trump, especially after an enriching time-out, is like what I imagine drinking used deep-fryer oil must be: you're bloated, then nauseated, then reaching for some sort of colonic."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/opinion/trump-catch-up-1.4455069

LeeG
12-19-2017, 03:32 PM

Thank you for making my point.

What point is that?

LeeG
12-19-2017, 03:35 PM

The bad guys just won when threats of violence force the issue they desire..

Indonesians are bad guys? Who are these bad guys?