X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Paul Pless
    pinko commie tree hugger
    • Oct 2003

more roy moore

The Republican National Committee restores financial support for Alabama's Roy Moore.
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.
  • ccmanuals
    Son of a Guineaman
    • Dec 2001

Re: more roy moore

The RNC is now officially the party of pedophiles.
    Tom

"Leave the gun, take the cannolis"

Comment

• Paul Pless
      pinko commie tree hugger
      • Oct 2003

Originally posted by ccmanuals
      The RNC is now officially the party of pedophiles.
      cue keith wilson. . .
      Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

Comment

• Norman Bernstein
        Liberaltarian
        • Nov 2004

Not that I want to pick the flysh|t out of the pepper, but I wish people would stop using the word 'pedophile', as it applies to Roy Moore. Pedophilia specifically refers to an adult attraction to pre-pubescent children.. which wasn't Roy Moore's M.O.

Not that hitting on 14 year olds, as a 32 year old man, isn't bad enough, of course.....
        "Reason and facts are sacrificed to opinion and myth. Demonstrable falsehoods are circulated and recycled as fact. Narrow minded opinion refuses to be subjected to thought and analysis. Too many now subject events to a prefabricated set of interpretations, usually provided by a biased media source. The myth is more comfortable than the often difficult search for truth."

Comment

• ccmanuals
          Son of a Guineaman
          • Dec 2001

A 14 year old is a child.
          Tom

Comment

• Norman Bernstein
            Liberaltarian
            • Nov 2004

Originally posted by ccmanuals
            A 14 year old is a child.
            Yes, but not pre-pubescent.
            "Reason and facts are sacrificed to opinion and myth. Demonstrable falsehoods are circulated and recycled as fact. Narrow minded opinion refuses to be subjected to thought and analysis. Too many now subject events to a prefabricated set of interpretations, usually provided by a biased media source. The myth is more comfortable than the often difficult search for truth."

Comment

• TomF
              Recalcitrant Heretic
              • Jun 2003

I agree with Norm's quibble - I've made the same quibble before. Moore doesn't seem attracted to 9 year olds, but to post-pubescent young teens. Every bit as execrable for a grown man to act on, but slightly more understandable. It is, after all, virtually the same visual meme that the modeling industry has banked on for decades.
              If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Comment

• ccmanuals
                Son of a Guineaman
                • Dec 2001

Originally posted by Norman Bernstein
                Yes, but not pre-pubescent.
                I only see "pre-pubescent" in the Webster definition. I don't see it in other well known dictionaries.
                Tom

Comment

• xflow7
                  • Mar 2009

Not that I want to pick the flysh|t out of the pepper, but I wish people would stop using the word 'pedophile', as it applies to Roy Moore. Pedophilia specifically refers to an adult attraction to pre-pubescent children.. which wasn't Roy Moore's M.O.

Not that hitting on 14 year olds, as a 32 year old man, isn't bad enough, of course.....
                  I agree totally. There was a good column on this topic recently in the WaPa:

The whole column is worth reading, but they also cite the DSM:

The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders defines pedophilic disorder as when an individual over 16 experiences “recurrent, intense sexually arousing fantasies, sexual urges, or behaviors involving sexual activity with a prepubescent child or children (generally age 13 years or younger).” As far as we know at present, the youngest girl whom Moore allegedly pursued was 14 years old. Other accusers were 16 or 17 years old when he approached them. These teenagers were not prepubescent children.
                  Edited after I found the column.

Dave
                  Sooty Tern Build Thread: Another Tern in the Works!
                  Sooty Tern Blog: http://xflow7.wordpress.com

Comment

• Rum_Pirate
                    Banned
                    • Apr 2007

I agree with Norman's post.

One should also note that there are some very well developed/mature 14 year old girls and by the very same token there are some very UNdeveloped/IMmature 14 year old girls.
                    Last edited by Rum_Pirate; 12-05-2017, 08:51 AM.

Comment

• Chris Smith porter maine
                      • Feb 2008

All right let's call him a child molester then.

Comment

• SKIP KILPATRICK
                        • Jan 2013

There is still a very serious ick factor running through posts #4 - #10.

Child molester fits Roy Moore quite well!
                        Skip

---This post is delivered with righteous passion and with a solemn southern directness --
                        ...........fighting against the deliberate polarization of politics...

Comment

• Reynard38
                          • Sep 2009

At the time of the incidents the age of consent in AL may have been 14 (it's 16 now). Moore may not have done anything illegal.
                          Morally it's another matter and one the voters of AL will have to decide. I'm not optimistic they'll make the right choice. They already chose him over Strange. I've seen several AL voters interviewed on the news. Most spew some version of " we won't let the rest of the country tell us what to do". They'll vote for him out of definance.

Just as the nations of the world look at us in disbelief over the election of Trump, so should the voters of the other 49 states view AL if Moore is victorious. Regardless of the law he's a truly disgusting, disturbed individual.
                          Fight Entropy, build a wooden boat!

Comment

• SKIP KILPATRICK
                            • Jan 2013

I would not be surprised if there are calls for a general boycott of the State of Alabama, if the voters elect Moore.

These types of boycotts are generally reserved for government actions. If there is one it would be a first.
                            Skip

---This post is delivered with righteous passion and with a solemn southern directness --
                            ...........fighting against the deliberate polarization of politics...

Comment

• Rum_Pirate
                              Banned
                              • Apr 2007

It remains to be seen, the result of the election will tell, how the majority of people that vote in Alabama view Mr Moore.

There was another thread where I pointed out that a particular person's deeds should have counted against him, but others on this forum said that the overall effect basically pushed that deed (a slave owner) into the background.
                              Must have a look and see if the same persons are doing this for Mr Moore or are not doing this for Mr Moore.

Comment

Working...