PDA

View Full Version : Infrared Cooker (David G question)

JTA
11-20-2017, 08:47 AM
Anyone used a infrared turkey cooker, in lieu of deep-fat frying... or smoking? This one is on sale locally for $80. We've already got a turkey bigger than its 16# capacity ordered, so this would be for next year. And even then, we'd likely have to do two... meantime... it can cook other large cuts of meet. One fella I know just did a standing rib roast and some sirloin. Both of which I sampled, and both of which were nicely done. I'd never seen one before, but now I'm curious. Maybe it'd be simpler to just save the $80 and use the gas grill.

https://www.charbroil.com/the-big-easy-turkey-fryer-14101480

I am from the south, we fry everything. My fried turkeys are legendary - fabulous - absolutely the best turkey you would ever want to eat. I normally do 15+ around Thanksgiving for friends.

...Then I bought an "Oil-less fryer", the identical one that you are asking about. That cooker takes turkey to the next level. Buy one, cook in it, you will be not be sorry.

Jack

David G
11-20-2017, 09:48 AM
I am from the south, we fry everything. My fried turkeys are legendary - fabulous - absolutely the best turkey you would ever want to eat. I normally do 15+ around Thanksgiving for friends.

...Then I bought an "Oil-less fryer", the identical one that you are asking about. That cooker takes turkey to the next level. Buy one, cook in it, you will be not be sorry.

Jack

Thanks for the info!

AlanMc
11-20-2017, 10:07 AM
a friend has one of those things. he was a HUGE fried turkey guy until he got one of those. he claims it's better than his old oil fried turkeys. i haven't had a sample yet, but he's a great cook and i'll take his word for it. i plan on buying one soon.