PDA

View Full Version : This Mesmerising NASA Footage Set to a 'Sound of Silence' Cover Will Give You Chills

sharpiefan
11-14-2017, 09:27 AM
This Mesmerising NASA Footage Set to a 'Sound of Silence' Cover Will Give You Chills (ARTICLE LINK) (https://www.sciencealert.com/nasa-footage-sound-of-silence-disturbed-cover-iss-space-compilation)

Excerpt
NASA's Johnson Space Center has a very active social media presence, including their amazing YouTube channel which has brought us such hits as the fidget spinner in microgravity, liquid pingpong, and this hour-long festival of Earth in 4K.

But their latest video compilation of footage taken by current Expedition 53 members is truly someting, not least thanks to their great choice of music.

Two years ago, American heavy metal band Disturbed released a dramatic, haunting cover of the classic Paul Simon piece The Sound of Silence, which quickly propelled up music charts and even earned them a Grammy nomination.

Now the NASA Johnson media team have outdone themselves by combining this beautiful music with stunning visuals captured from aboard the ISS, courtesy of Commander Randy Bresnik and flight engineers Sergey Ryazanskiy and Paolo Nespoli.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgBKFEeXfww

#include [std-disclaimer]

switters
11-14-2017, 09:40 AM
bump yea,

Flying Orca
11-14-2017, 09:42 AM
That's gorgeous.

Dave Hadfield
11-14-2017, 10:21 AM
It's not quiet in a spaceship.

Silence means equipment failure, and immediate threat.

LeeG
11-14-2017, 10:34 AM
All those illuminated cities. We have energy to burn.

AlanMc
11-14-2017, 10:36 AM
man, some of the metal bands are quite beautiful at times.

Figment
11-14-2017, 10:43 AM
It's fun to play name-that-city from the aerials.

amish rob
11-14-2017, 10:47 AM
man, some of the metal bands are quite beautiful at times.
Aside from Gojira and Asesino, this is my most listen day to metal band, lately.

It is pretty. But metal. :)

https://youtu.be/tu-NvEec8y8

The video is AMAZING by the by. Thanks, Yo!

Peace,
Robert

AlanMc
11-14-2017, 11:15 AM
Aside from Gojira and Asesino, this is my most listen day to metal band, lately.

It is pretty. But metal. :)

https://youtu.be/tu-NvEec8y8

The video is AMAZING by the by. Thanks, Yo!

Peace,
Robert

amazing work on the instrumentals, but that style of singing is so grating on my ears. i also just don't like it when there's zero words i can understand in a song (this applies across the board to rap, metal, etc)

amish rob
11-14-2017, 11:18 AM
amazing work on the instrumentals, but that style of singing is so grating on my ears. i also just don't like it when there's zero words i can understand in a song (this applies across the board to rap, metal, etc)
This is as Cookie Monster as I will go. Hehe. For my money, itís Megadeth. Especially Marty Friedman/Nick Menza era...

Peace,
Robert

AlanMc
11-14-2017, 11:31 AM
This is as Cookie Monster as I will go. Hehe. For my money, it’s Megadeth. Especially Marty Friedman/Nick Menza era...

Peace,
Robert

i listened to some megadeth. metallica was more my speed. probably too "mainstream" for serious metal fans.

amish rob
11-14-2017, 11:40 AM
i listened to some megadeth. metallica was more my speed. probably too "mainstream" for serious metal fans.
Not at all. They defined thrash metal. Still. I like Kill Em All most of all, and check the song credits.

Lars Ulrich exists in a world of his own, but aside from him Jason and Dave are my two favorite Metallicas. :)

Hey. Check out Jason Newsted and The Chophouse Band. Americana stuff. Itís cool.

Sorry for the extreme drift.

Peace,
Maybe Too Much Headbanging? :)

AlanMc
11-14-2017, 11:59 AM
Not at all. They defined thrash metal. Still. I like Kill Em All most of all, and check the song credits.

Lars Ulrich exists in a world of his own, but aside from him Jason and Dave are my two favorite Metallicas. :)

Hey. Check out Jason Newsted and The Chophouse Band. Americana stuff. It’s cool.

Sorry for the extreme drift.

Peace,
Maybe Too Much Headbanging? :)

kill'em all and ride the lightning... great stuff. now i'm going down the chophouse rabbit hole. i'll check back after lunch :d

JimD
11-14-2017, 12:45 PM
It made me sad.

Rich Jones
11-14-2017, 12:53 PM
Good video.