PDA

View Full Version : Americans are officially freaking out

Norman Bernstein
11-02-2017, 08:37 AM
Well, according to this poll.

Bloomberg (https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-11-01/americans-are-officially-freaking-out): “Almost two-thirds of Americans, or 63%, report being stressed about the future of the nation, according to the American Psychological Association’s Eleventh Stress in America survey… The ‘current social divisiveness’ in America was reported by 59% of those surveyed as a cause of their own malaise.”

“A majority of the more than 3,400 Americans polled, 59%, said ‘they consider this to to be the lowest point in our nation’s history that they can remember.’ That sentiment spanned generations, including those that lived through World War II, the Vietnam War, and the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11.”

oznabrag
11-02-2017, 09:00 AM
There's that 30% Moron factor again.

Osborne Russell
11-02-2017, 09:07 AM
That sentiment spanned generations, including those that lived through World War II . . .

Oik, that's bad.

I'd like to see a poll of military vets only. Might be interesting.

Tom Montgomery
11-02-2017, 09:22 AM
I thank God my father (a veteran of both WWII and Korea and a life-long Republican) did not live to see the current state of American politics. He would have been sickened.

AlanMc
11-02-2017, 09:25 AM
meh, no freaking out on my end. officially or unofficially.

oznabrag
11-02-2017, 09:27 AM
meh, no freaking out on my end. officially or unofficially.

So, you are happy with your Sleazy Jesus.

AlanMc
11-02-2017, 09:28 AM
So, you are happy with your Sleazy Jesus.

i'm just happy. try it out sometime, it's nice.

Reynard38
11-02-2017, 09:32 AM
In not happy with the state of politics, but I'm not "freaking out".

Gerarddm
11-02-2017, 09:35 AM
I only emerged from last November's depression this summer. But freaked, no. What I am is pissed. #RESIST.

AlanMc
11-02-2017, 09:42 AM
In not happy with the state of politics, but I'm not "freaking out".

get outta here with that emotional stability.

peb
11-02-2017, 09:44 AM
My wife, a recently nationalized citizen, is certainly one who is freaking out. I have to tell her repeatedly, we will get through it.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

Norman Bernstein
11-02-2017, 09:51 AM
My wife, a recently nationalized citizen, is certainly one who is freaking out. I have to tell her repeatedly, we will get through it.

If she is already naturalized, why should she be concerned?

I agree that the nation will indeed 'get through it'. The issue is what will be the aftermath.

wizbang 13
11-02-2017, 10:22 AM
Horrified, not freaked ,myself.
I have hardly touched my pan all winter.
Banged on it all day yesterday ,feeling much better.Crack in Trumps wall, maybe.
(tenor pan,"steel drum")

peb
11-02-2017, 10:26 AM
If she is already naturalized, why should she be concerned?

I agree that the nation will indeed 'get through it'. The issue is what will be the aftermath.

The reason why I included that info, is because I believe it is one of the reasons she is freaking out. She is Mexican, she is very proud to be Mexican. She has not always lived there, having lived quite a bit of time in the past in Spain, and lots of American family. Having lived in Mexico, she knows what corrupt and incompetent government looks like. That's what she sees now. But, Mexico is Mexico, it may screw things up and hurt itself, but that's about it. This is the United States, it screws things up and things can go wrong all over the world. That would be her mindset.

Jim Bow
11-02-2017, 09:15 PM
Oik, that's bad.

I'd like to see a poll of military vets only. Might be interesting.
I doubt it would be much different.

Hugh Conway
11-02-2017, 09:25 PM
i'm just happy. try it out sometime, it's nice.

I was happy until the mango moron was elected.