PDA

View Full Version : (electric) Power to the people

Shang
10-27-2017, 09:50 AM
Okay, you and I are going to become rags-to-riches ba-zillionares, beyond our greatest vision of wealth and avarice! Pull down the shades and open another beer and I'll tell you how we're going to do it:

First, we establish an electric power company, based way to hell-of no froggin' place. Then we appoint the full time staff--I'll appoint you, you appoint me. We'll be the only two full time employees. Our company will have no track record since the inhabitants of No Froggin' Place are few and far between--we'll hire a few linemen as temporary employees if we ever happen to need them.

Then we sit back and wait for a couple of double-whammy Hurricanes to tear a small island all to hell, particularly their electric system. We'll give that island several weeks to marinate without electric power and learn that clean water cannot be drawn, gasoline cannot be pumped, drugs cannot be supplied, and reconstruction cannot begin, and the people have to live under a tarp in the heat and rain.

Then we get a no-bid contract to hire some temps to shinny up the remaining power poles. We'll ask for three hundred million dollars to cover our costs, however we'll include a stipulation in the contract that no one is allowed to audit our operation. There's no deadline for the job--maybe by Christmas, or maybe next Forth of July. If anybody asks how our work in No Frogginn' Place qualifies us for the job we'll threaten to withdraw our highly qualified crews of temporary guys, but we get to keep the three hundred million clams.

What'd you think? Are you on board?

All we got to do is butter the bumbs of a few politicians with the change from our three hundred mill...
for example, major contributors to Donald Trump's campaign.

S.V. Airlie
10-27-2017, 09:52 AM
But, the CEO is a friend of Sec. Zinke!

willmarsh3
10-27-2017, 09:59 AM
It looks like a huge swamp. Trump needs to drain it today.

Breakaway
10-27-2017, 10:38 AM
Shady and unethical. Such avarice and uncaring can be found among corporate elite as well as individuals operating a service business out a van. The trick is not to give them the work.

The Puerto Rican government can say no to this deal--rather they have the ability and authority to say no-- but they might not be able to because of their financial situation.

Kevin

oznabrag
10-27-2017, 01:44 PM
This is only the beginning.

Mueller should hire another entire team to keep track of how much dough from this and other 'humanitarian' efforts are being funneled into Trump's pocket.

Breakaway
10-27-2017, 03:20 PM
This is only the beginning.

Mueller should hire another entire team to keep track of how much dough from this and other 'humanitarian' efforts are being funneled into Trump's pocket.

I don't think rebuilding the electrical grid is being portrayed as a humanitarian effort. It's a for-profit operation for entities like Whitefish, and others that will be awarded contracts. ( That some humanitarian concerns may benefit from these for-profit efforts is beside the point, IMO).

As for the president, I see where many have claimed he has ties to Whitefish, but have yet to read or see any evidence to back that up.

Kevin

S.V. Airlie
10-27-2017, 03:26 PM
I don't think rebuilding the electrical grid is being portrayed as a humanitarian effort. It's a for-profit operation for entities like Whitefish, and others that will be awarded contracts. ( That some humanitarian concerns may benefit from these for-profit efforts is beside the point, IMO).

As for the president, I see where many have claimed he has ties to Whitefish, but have yet to read or see any evidence to back that up.

KevinTrump doesn't however, apparently the Sec.of the Interior does. And he, in turn was appointed by the trump. It's around and around and around.

George Jung
10-27-2017, 03:37 PM
Keep watching! https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/10/27/us/whitefish-puerto-rico-electricity.html?action=click&module=&pgtype=Homepage

S.V. Airlie
10-27-2017, 03:41 PM
Keep watching! https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/10/27/us/whitefish-puerto-rico-electricity.html?action=click&module=&pgtype=HomepageHey George, I just saw a pig fly! Who is Zinke trying to kid other than himself?

Chris Smith porter maine
10-27-2017, 05:29 PM

Kevin

Apparently the major backer of whitefish energy and his wife donated 80k to Trump's campaign.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thinkprogress.org/puerto-rico-contract-raises-eyebrows-746a196e7831/amp/