PDA

View Full Version : One month of in-laws

Joe (SoCal)
10-09-2017, 12:19 PM
So since moving to SoCal a little over a year ago we have hosted and entertained more people than all the years living back east.

First my buddy and his boys came and visited. Then Renee's friends came for a visit. Then My Mother-in-Law came. then my daughter came. Then my friends son came for a visit.

So This Thursday my Mother-in-Law is coming for 2 weeks and then my father is coming for 10 days during Thanksgiving.

Osborne Russell
10-09-2017, 03:12 PM
Show them the modest little house in San Clemente.

CWSmith
10-09-2017, 03:56 PM
You're going to need another Vespa. :)

AlanMc
10-09-2017, 04:24 PM
You're going to need another Vespa. :)

no, just the RIGHT vespa

http://members.modernvespa.net/paulm/uploads/limo1p1020137800_744.jpg

jack grebe
10-09-2017, 04:42 PM
Hmmmm..

https://youtu.be/KnOvxB74PBY

amish rob
10-09-2017, 04:43 PM
Location, location, location... :d
Peace,
Robert

CWSmith
10-09-2017, 04:47 PM
no, just the RIGHT vespa

A 4-person Vespa? That is very cool!

carioca1232001
10-09-2017, 04:56 PM
A 4-person Vespa? That is very cool!

Wonder if its road worthy though.

Aside from stability and balance issues, just sighting it in traffic could confuse drivers who havenīt seen one before.

Breakaway
10-09-2017, 05:02 PM
I saw a scooter trike in Indiana a few weeks back. Scooter. Trike. Get one of those with a back seat that seats two across.

Kevin

https://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTgwWDI0MA==/z/7Z8AAOSw66pZk0X1/$_58.JPG

Chris Smith porter maine
10-09-2017, 05:02 PM
Better up the Blue Apron subscription.

Joe (SoCal)
10-09-2017, 05:08 PM
Better up the Blue Apron subscription.

We already have for my mother-in-law ;)
Sadly, my father has a limited palette so we will be placing the subscription on hold for him.

jack grebe
10-09-2017, 05:44 PM
We already have for my mother-in-law ;)
Sadly, my father has a limited palette so we will be placing the subscription on hold for him.

Don't think over it as a limited palette, think of it as experience in what he prefers, and bow to that expertise..... Enjoy your time with your father, I
Would give anything to have a few more moments mine.

Chris Smith porter maine
10-09-2017, 06:23 PM
Don't think over it as a limited palette, think of it as experience in what he prefers, and bow to that expertise..... Enjoy your time with your father, I
Would give anything to have a few more moments mine.

You will do Jack!

Canoeyawl
10-09-2017, 06:27 PM
Typically our family visits here in California early in February, or roughly what we used to call "suicide season" in Maine.

They have matured a bit and now they can be found in Majorca or Catalonia during that season... And I am wanting to vist them.

Chris Smith porter maine
10-09-2017, 06:30 PM
Typically our family visits here in California early in February, or roughly what we used to call "suicide season" in Maine.

I call it the shack nasties.

CWSmith
10-09-2017, 06:38 PM
... early in February, or roughly what we used to call "suicide season" in Maine.

I know it sounds geeky, but a small room in the basement (cement floor) with a dozen fish tanks and a comfortable chair and light and a spare TV if you have one can make the last weeks of winter a much more pleasant time. I watch mind eat, breed, spar,... If you grow aquatic plants you'll have sunlight bulbs in the room and that's good as well.

A well-chosen woodworking project in the next room also helps.

Hwyl
10-09-2017, 06:42 PM
Joe, you make your life so public: Those of us with memories will remember you like your mother in law and she's attractive.

You and your dad are two peas in a pod, so there'll be good times with a side order of bullheadedness.

Canoeyawl
10-09-2017, 11:17 PM
I know it sounds geeky, but a small room in the basement (cement floor) with a dozen fish tanks and a comfortable chair and light and a spare TV if you have one can make the last weeks of winter a much more pleasant time. I watch mind eat, breed, spar,... If you grow aquatic plants you'll have sunlight bulbs in the room and that's good as well.

A well-chosen woodworking project in the next room also helps.

I grew up in New England, with equal time in Maine, NH, and Mass., here there is no winter.

My standard explanation for friends from home is "The very worst day of summer in Maine is just about the same as the very worst day of winter here"
If I want to watch fish in the dead of winter I will put on my sunglasses, walk down to the beach, spread out a towel and watch the Dolphins... :D