PDA

View Full Version : A humerous Thanksgiving dinner tonight.

Steve McMahon
10-08-2017, 08:55 PM
A rouge Bayman showed up and joined us for thanksgiving dinner. He was attempting to teach Heather how to do a jig after dinner. I think most of the Canadian forumites would recognize him.

http://i1171.photobucket.com/albums/r556/SteveMcMahon/fafcb33a-538a-48ad-bf7a-79ce5ed69a1d.jpg

Harry Miller
10-08-2017, 09:38 PM
Shawn Majunder. Had to look up the spelling but maybe it’s still wrong. A funny boy who always seems happy

TomF
10-08-2017, 09:57 PM
Very fine! How do you connect with him?

L.A Marche
10-08-2017, 10:06 PM
Tres cool.

Steve McMahon
10-09-2017, 09:28 PM
Very fine! How do you connect with him?

Shaun is from Burlington NL where we now call home. He lives in LA, and has an apartment in Halifax because of the This Hour Has 22 minutes shows are done there. He also owns a couple of homes here in Burlington, as well as a few cabins in the woods. He created a social enterprise called "Ome" to give back to the community he grew up in. I have ended up on the board of directors as we move it forward. We have a community greenhouse, a number of glamping tents, a "pod" (cabin on the shore), and have an annual "Gathering", festival of food, music, and fire. We are working to developing "Majumbder Manor", a Inn with a few rooms and a fine restaurant, and a marina with services. One of the goals is to spawn local tourism related entrepreneurial ventures such as boat rentals, snowmobile rentals, whale watching tours, and all types of services that go along with these things. We create the core draw for visitors, and open up opportunities for locals to expand on the Newfoundland experience.

http://thegatheringburlington.com/

mmd
10-09-2017, 09:45 PM
Way t'go, Steve. Good on yer, and g'luck with the social activities in Burlington. I hope to get over to visit someday in the next couple of years. Tell that Majumbder feller I like his work.

Steve McMahon
10-09-2017, 09:54 PM
Way t'go, Steve. Good on yer, and g'luck with the social activities in Burlington. I hope to get over to visit someday in the next couple of years. Tell that Majumbder feller I like his work.

I look forward to seeing you.

mdh
10-10-2017, 05:01 AM
Legbone?

David G
10-10-2017, 10:55 AM
Seriously?

Y'all think we're falling for that old story about people actually living up in that frozen, god-forsaken, barren, rocky, lichen-land? Really??? <G>

mmd
10-10-2017, 11:11 AM
Yiss, b'y; an' dey's wunnerful grand, dey be... <wink, grin>