PDA

View Full Version : Hat logo.

Reynard38
10-08-2017, 06:55 PM
What do y'all see on this guys hat?

http://www.wbaltv.com/article/video-shows-man-clinging-to-moving-school-bus/12799939

The Bigfella
10-08-2017, 07:12 PM
So, someone who has responded violently to an incident.... do they lose the right to bear arms?

Nicholas Carey
10-08-2017, 08:45 PM
I can't tell from that video if it was a MAGA hat ("Make Amurikka Great Again") or an NRA ("They ken have mah gun ... when they pry my cold dead fingers offen it")

But I suppose, either way, it's no never mind.

Jimmy W
10-09-2017, 01:21 AM
Looked like NRA to me.

Reynard38
10-09-2017, 07:20 AM
Looked like NRA to me as well.
Hmmm. Violent, antisocial behavior. Late middle aged white male. I presume a gun owner.

What could possibly go wrong?

Nicholas Scheuer
10-09-2017, 07:42 AM
Story doesn't say whether it was the bus driver's last day of employment. There is NO excuse for continuing to drive the bus. (speaking as one who drove one for several years as a way of obtaining excellent family health insurance).

Rum_Pirate
10-09-2017, 08:03 AM
Nobody mentioning anything about bottle(s) thrown from the bus which could have resulted in an accident and possibility the death of one or more people.

Also noticed in vid that the NRA hat wearer (member?) did not pull a gun on the driver.

Reynard38
10-09-2017, 09:03 AM
Story doesn't say whether it was the bus driver's last day of employment. There is NO excuse for continuing to drive the bus. (speaking as one who drove one for several years as a way of obtaining excellent family health insurance).

Bus drivers first responsibility is the safety of his passengers. You've got a nut screaming at you, banging on the hood and wanting in the bus. Were my daughter on that bus the last thing I'd want that driver to do is stop.
Id want him to drive directly to a police station.

Reynard38
10-09-2017, 09:06 AM
Nobody mentioning anything about bottle(s) thrown from the bus which could have resulted in an accident and possibility the death of one or more people.

Also noticed in vid that the NRA hat wearer (member?) did not pull a gun on the driver.

The proper response would have been for him to follow the bus while calling 911 and reporting it. The way he handled the situation shows him to be unstable. Combine unstable with the NRA hat and.....

Reynard38
10-09-2017, 09:26 AM
No, the kid gets turned over to the cop when he arrives after the driver that got hit with the bottle calls 911 to report it.
At least that's what a civilized person with something north of a room temperature IQ would do. Instead he let his emotions get ahead of his limited intellect. When the cops did arrive I'm sure they were not exactly sympathetic to his situation. He lost his argument when he climbed onto the hood.
The hat was just icing on the cake.

the_gr8t_waldo
10-09-2017, 09:35 AM
Bubba has been arrested or charged a few times recently. He's starting to act out and loosing perspective. Yes needs some help . Help all the rest of us by taking his guns and teach him to be a mensch

John of Phoenix
10-09-2017, 09:40 AM
Rockin' the Celebration of Being Stupid.

Bigly!

https://s7d9.scene7.com/is/image/dkscdn/17NRAMNRZRDNCPXXXAPA_Green_Camo_is

Joe (SoCal)
10-09-2017, 09:44 AM
Bubba has been arrested or charged a few times recently. He's starting to act out and loosing perspective. Yes needs some help . Help all the rest of us by taking his guns and teach him to be a mensch

Ya see in my 'Merica you jump on a school bus and act like a madman you lose your guns.

Nicholas Scheuer
10-09-2017, 10:11 AM
Ever heard of "Pedestrians having the right of way", Reynard38? School Bus Drivers have NO authority to risk running over a pedestrian. Had the NRA nut been threatening at the door, the driver might then drive off and leave him standing, or running after the bus. But having the person riding the hood is a potentially dangerous move. BTW, there is no way the NRA nut could have opened a closed door short of shooting it off the hinges, or battering it with a steel pipe. School busses are built solid, and the driver should know that.

We had very rigorous training by the School Transportation Dept in Rockford.

Joe (SoCal)
10-09-2017, 10:59 AM
Obviously none of you defending this NRA nutjob have ever ridden a bicycle on a public road. :rolleyes:

the_gr8t_waldo
10-09-2017, 11:45 AM
jumping onto a school bus and threating makes him a pedestrian?... I'm sure the judge will see it that way too

Jimmy W
10-09-2017, 11:57 AM
If this had been a black man with a BLM hat, would the same people defend him?

Jim Bow
10-09-2017, 02:18 PM
The proper response would have been for him to follow the bus while calling 911 and reporting it. The way he handled the situation shows him to be unstable. Combine unstable with the NRA hat and.....
Zimmerman followed Tray on Martin while calling 911.

The local paper reports that the driver was going slowly hoping to get three blocks to a police precincts station.
My vote is with the driver. BTW, the thrown object was a plastic waterbottle.

Reynard38
10-09-2017, 02:21 PM
Ever heard of "Pedestrians having the right of way", Reynard38? School Bus Drivers have NO authority to risk running over a pedestrian. Had the NRA nut been threatening at the door, the driver might then drive off and leave him standing, or running after the bus. But having the person riding the hood is a potentially dangerous move. BTW, there is no way the NRA nut could have opened a closed door short of shooting it off the hinges, or battering it with a steel pipe. School busses are built solid, and the driver should know that.

We had very rigorous training by the School Transportation Dept in Rockford.

And I'm certain that rigorous training included a nut jumping on your hood and threatening you and your passengers.
Mr. NRA was NOT a pedestrian. He was a threat.

Nicholas Scheuer
10-09-2017, 03:42 PM
Tell'ya what, Reynard38, I'll phone the Transportation Safety Officer at our local School Trans Dept tomorrow and ask his oponion. He's an ex-cop.

Joe (SoCal)
10-09-2017, 03:50 PM
Tell'ya what, Reynard38, I'll phone the Transportation Safety Officer at our local School Trans Dept tomorrow and ask his oponion. He's an ex-cop.

Your answer will always depend on how much the NRA spends on lobbyist in Illinois

Reynard38
10-09-2017, 06:55 PM

Sounds like a good plan.

Nicholas Carey
10-09-2017, 09:26 PM
Obviously none of you defending this NRA nutjob have ever ridden a bicycle on a public road. :rolleyes:

Why, yes... or any other two-wheeler, for that matter.

Joe (SoCal)
10-09-2017, 09:32 PM
Why, yes... or any other two-wheeler, for that matter.

Actually being both a Yellow Vespa rider and years of being a bicycle rider, there is a HUGE difference. For some reason cyclist are 1,000% more likely to be the target of random road rage. The only thing I receive while riding a yellow Vespa on the PCH is smiles especially if Renee is on the back in a Bikini ;)